Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Just got some info on the situation in Nevados de Chillan.

Here is the new trail map with the open lifts for this year.

The orange lifts are those in operation.

The striped lifts are "projected" for 2011...Don't hold your breath

So, access to Tres Marias and beyond is not as good as when the H and I lifts were in operation.

Is it still worth the trip ?

I'll be around Chillan mid september if all goes to plan.
    Hey Phil,
    That's my plan too if I can get the right flights. Mid September to Chillán. Hopefully see you then, it's been a while.
    Rich

I'm lost here.

What the Hell happened to all the lifts? Damage by the quake or/and hotel dispute or/and torn down.

No access from base to upper part if Otto is closed? I think I recall there was a triple where they is a string orange line on the map? Is that poma lift the same that was there in 2007? You could have some fun off that lift, but how would you access it if Otto isn't running that day? Out of 5 days in Termas in 2007, Otto ran 2.

Does anyone know if they are doing cat skiing in Termas right now? It looks like they do based on the map that was posted last week... If anyone has any info please post a link.
    My buddy and I will be in Termas 7/28-7/31. If the upper half of the mountain is not accessible by lifts, I'm hoping there are other ways to get to the top!

Looks like Otto is open:

http://www.chillanski.net/infonieve/

my favorite lift at termas is still open. there is a fun rope tow that is closed, i don't think the stuff to the far lookers left was open when i was there. the snow hits that place and there is some real fun terrain to be had. i'd bring touring skis, esp with lifts closed.

the only problem is if its snowing that long double will be closed. they open stuff after it stops snowing. sometimes some of the lifts that are closed are a savior on a storm day. but then again sometimes there is NO skiing on storm days and thats when you extend the trip

Got some info from a family from Chile while in the lift here in Argentina yesterday.

They are 20 minutes from Termas and made the trek over because:
    A) more snow in Argentina (I thought Chile was doing alright)
    B) "Termas isn't open for anything worth skiing."
    "No Otto?"
    "The Marte is more reliable than Otto chair right now"

They also mentioned one of the owning parties suing the other owning party or something. Sounds crazy.
    [dk_ak] : they don't lke it when they see my lil dingy
    [dk_ak] : i tell them it is just a tug boat

I was there a few days ago. Otto was running and it was dumping. The first day the lift was closed because it was storming. We talked with Patrol and toured up top. They were saying because a lot of their clientele can't ski in crappy conditions they didn't want to open the lift after they did some control work. The next day was bluebird and Otto was running full tilt. The other lifts up top weren't working. There was a Tbar running though. Some of the chairs don't have cables, word is they were messed up from the earthquake and just haven't got fixed yet.
    Other Gringos we met were staying in los Trancas and were taking the bus to the resort. I guess the bus system doesn't really run on a schedule because they skied the road back to theri hostel and were late getting up there for the start of the day. They were pretty pissed about the bus situation. But still got fresh lines all afternoon.
    BTW Termas is Awesome!! Out of Santiago, Chillan and Pucon that has been the best place so far. I will acknowledge it dumped 4ft when we were there though.