Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Bent chetler - mounting point

Just got my chetlers last week and are struggling about how to mount them up.

Gonna throw on a pair of Jester and are going to ride in Chamonix this season.
    Would be great if those of you who has ridden can share your thoughts on how
    they ride with whatever mounting you had? Anything that could shed some light
    on to this difficult and complex subject is appreciated.

it depends. what kind of skier are you. do you like to charge hard, are you aggressive, do you like to jib or spin a lot off natural features, do you ski switch a lot. give us more detail about what type of terrain you ski, plan on skiing, and how you ski.

from what i've seen, everyone pro and non-pro who's riding that ski, has mounted on the line. The line is pretty forward though, so if you are more of a traditional skier you might want to go 1cm or so back. I personally would go on the line.
    Magic Mountain Freeride Team...bringing your grom's game to the next level.

The only ski you'll ever need...http://worthskis.com/skis/the-magic/

"Errare Humanum Est"

I am thinking also where I am going to mount the bent chelters which I am going to buy soon..
    How many cm of the true center is the line at the bent chetlers?

i have the bent chetlers, i mounted them two back from true center and that seemed to work well for me.

Where for big mountain skiing, cliffs, flips, aggro skiing, traditional stance?

I am thinking to mount them -5..

Here is the deal. Chris says mount them at -2 for everything (allmountain) and -1.5 for a lot of switch skiing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarshredder View Post
    Here is the deal. Chris says mount them at -2 for everything (allmountain) and -1.5 for a lot of switch skiing.
    I 've heard in many forums that chris mount them at -2.. but I had never seen this written by chris or in a video or sth else.. is it just a rumor? or it is actually true?

It's sounds really forward for me to mount them -2 for a pow ski..

http://www.newschoolers.com/web/foru...ead_id/501324/

Word from the horses mouth in that thread. He reccomends -2 for all around.
    "Some go to church and think about fishing, others go fishing and think about God."

My Flickr Photostream

Quote Originally Posted by oskier View Post
    I 've heard in many forums that chris mount them at -2.. but I had never seen this written by chris or in a video or sth else.. is it just a rumor? or it is actually true?

It's sounds really forward for me to mount them -2 for a pow ski..
    This came from the fingertips of Chris through a late night e-mail. Going to ski em on Saturday, will be back to post feedback.

but still how reliable is this? Anyone can open an account in a forum with any name.. U can claim tha you are Seth upload some photos and that's it.. Or am I mistaken?

Quote Originally Posted by oskier View Post
    but still how reliable is this? Anyone can open an account in a forum with any name.. U can claim tha you are Seth upload some photos and that's it.. Or am I mistaken?
    You are mistaken. Go ski them. -2cm.
    bumps are for poor people

Have u skied them behind -2,5 ??

Yes, and I told you in the other thread that I feel it is too far back. Remember that the rocker means that you don't need to have your ski mounted way far back to keep the tips up as the rocker naturally achieves this. I've skied deep heavy powder, chopped up crud and landed up to around 20 footers and not even worried about the tips diving. You can mount a rockered ski more centrally and have a better balanced ski. If you don't believe that Chris Benchetler or anyone else mounts at around -2 to -2.5 then don't, go mount at -5 and see what happens.

I've been riding them -2 (i didnt know that was what chris said, it just seemed to make sense). They've been such a blast, and i've been going of small 25ish footers with them and they've been like no other. Also, at least for me, they ski really well on hardpack at the -two mounting point, and carving here is not a problem. I would just go get these planks mounted so you can get them out at ski on them. Do it!

Today I skied some skis mounted at -2,5 and I realy liked the feeling.. I think it was quite better than the -5..

So I 'll propably go as well at -2.5, -3 or -3,5..

Thx everybody for the advices!

Mounted my bent chetlers up a couple weeks ago, i have mine at 2 back from atomic's center line and love them, never sink the tips. Could have gone 1 or 2 more back. Put them as forward as you will be confident with.

Skied mine at 1cm back from the traditional boot center line. Although this is way back from where all of you guys mounted yours, I had no issues with floppy tips, skidding tails, or tailgunning. I like to ski very centered and drive the tips hard. They worked great on firm groomers and in crud.

These is the reply I got from Chris Benchetler:

1st reply: "Well the reason I like them a little more forward is because with rocker you have the ability to swivel your ski and make quick decisions. And when the binding is slightly forward it's giving you a more balanced all around feel. I also ski very playful (butters, slashes, etc) so i like having a bit more tail to use. Realistically -3.5 would be great too, I've just always personally skied mine a bit more forward, therefore that was where the recommendation came from"

2nd reply: "since you do much more directional skiing, then maybe you should go a bit further back. I'd say that -3.5cm behind center would be about perfect.."

Finally I mounted them at -2,5 . And I skied today with them some from 20 - 50 cm pow .. The skis were really good but it felt kind of short, I think that I would finally liked more to be 1cm behind..

If I mount them again at -3,5 would it be bad for the ski to open an extra pair of holes?

Rode mine for the first time yesterday. All I gotta say right now is this is the best ski I've ever ridden. Period. Write up in the review thread to come.
    "Some go to church and think about fishing, others go fishing and think about God."

My Flickr Photostream

Quote Originally Posted by GoEhuge View Post
    Rode mine for the first time yesterday. All I gotta say right now is this is the best ski I've ever ridden. Period. Write up in the review thread to come.
    Where did u mount yours?

super fun and playful ski im at -2.5

I am as well, but it feels too forward for me! I think the need a cm back for carving well, for performing better at crud, bumbs, and cut snow and for harder charging..
    I am actually disapointed with that mounting..

Stoked! Just order a pair! Went with these instead of billy goats. although bg's look just as good was afraid of not getting them in time for a trip. Also thought bents would be better east coast all around. The graphics on the bents are a little loud for my taste but then again I've never skied on the topsheets. Oskier, you said you were disappointed in mounting them at -2.5 cm and you would go with -3.5cm was that right? Curious how tall and how much do you weigh? If that matters. I'm 6'1" and 195 ibs. I thinking of mounting my pair at -3.5 cm's with dukes. any thoughts? Anyone feel free to chime in. In advance, thanks for input. Cheers!