Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thumbs up Memorial Weekend Race Results - Angel Fire & Sundance

Saving this spot for the AG's report from the 21st Annual Chile Challenge MTB Festival at Angel Fire.

I don't know all the details, but I can report that Reverend Floater and MG took second place in their respective classes in today's Super D at Sundance.

Congratulations boys!

Come on Mags, post up those results.
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Science-fiction author Robert Heinlein

Great weekend @ Angle Fire. For anyone that has never been there, if you are ever in that part of the world and like to ride gravity bikes, go to this mountain. Great hill, awesome dirt, cool vibe. If the place was just a little easier to get to, it would be perfect. The drive took us about 11 hours each way (jumping in the car @ 4:30 pm minutes after racing DH and driving 11 hours straight until 3:30 AM is not cool, ever…)

Anyway, we had a great crew in a cool old house, every nook and cranny had a DH or free ride bike jammed into it; you could not turn around to scratch your ass without hitting a handlebar or tire (11 people, most with two bikes each). We got rained on each day, never had my bike muddier since living in Utah. Tonight I get to tear down just one of my bikes so I can take it to Southern UT for the rest of the week while working down there.

We had SuperD race on Sunday night: Why do promoters still think a SuperD needs a circus act at the beginning? I am going to write a letter to USA cycling and MSC (again) asking to make this a legitimate race instead of party favor.

Anyway, we had to start with one knee and one elbow on the ground, facing away from the start. Our bikes were 75’ away up a grassy hill. The gun goes off and I push off hard. Note, Five-10’s are not made for spiriting on wet grass. I go right to my face and look up, all 29 other competitors are up and running away from me. Panicked, I get up and run like a 43-old fat man. Jump over two bikes with incredible grace, similar to gazelle, only one that just ate at a Chuck Wagon for 6 hours straight and grab my bike. The first ½ mile was down a sketchy gravel road full of deep rain ruts and large rock loose rocks. This part of the course was terrifying. 30 guys, all trying to go mach-Looney on a lose rutted dirt road. For some reason, they all went for the main double track area of the road. I saw an opening on the far left, 15’ off the road and grabbed every gear I have. Passed 20 guys at least, went into the single track round 10th.

The first part of the single track was burley lava rock imbedded into the ground, a true DH bike was a good tool for these sections (I used my Canfield Can-diggle). Passed few more guys and felt good, until I got to the first real tech turn (3’ drop into more lava rock during a hard right turn). Pushed my way past a few more guys really struggling to ride the rock and started to think I might have a chance for this race. I could still see the leaders, including Greg Herbold about 50’ ahead. Start to push, gotta get by the guy in front of me but he’s taking up all of the single track trying to clip in (I rode flats, worked out very well except for the start debacle). We shoot onto a fire road with a sweeping right turn full of loose gravel, I tell the guy I’m coming inside and start to two wheel drift into the corner. He has to back off as he’s not ready to enter this turn without braking and I’m thinking I’m in the Clear. Nope. He comes Krispy, on my inside (is there really room for one more rider….). I know it’s him and stand up a bit to let him slip in, it’s only fair. I want to race with Chris, he’s fast and if I can keep him in sight, I’ve got a chance. Only problem is there is one more guy now between me and him that I did not see. He’s flopping around like a carp trying to get clipped in on a nice twisty single track and I’m screaming now; “Dude, please let me pass, I’ve gotta go catch that gremlin that just jumped over you!!”.

He finally pulls over 3” so I can squeeze by but Krispy is now 50’ ahead and railing after Greg and few XC guys. Go, go go… I can’t pedal any faster and still turn. Jump the log, look through the turn, don’t brake yet… fuck that little guy is fast. We pull out of the last single-track to a nice descending double track and I really need to pedal. Problem is that I’m a dumb ass and still race with a 32-chain ring. I go to grab more gears but I’ve been in my top gear for the whole single track already. Two lycra wearing guys pass me on the road in their 44 tooth Kamikaze killer gears. Dammit, I just need to not brake anymore and push. The last few miles are a blur. I know the leader are about 15 seconds ahead at this point but I still have a chance. There is one guy about 100’ in front that I focus on.
    He’s got a big ring, I can tell but he can’t corner. Every turn or drop, I gain and then he starts pedaling again. Last turn, he’s 25’ ahead but there’s no way, I can’t reel him in.

Finish, happy to have stayed within the legends and even pushed them a bit. Everyone is happy expect our “crew” didn’t bring any beers to the racers for the finish. WTF!! Best part of the weekend for me was racing with the likes of Greg Herbold and Krispy. True legends of MTB.

Connie’s group went after mine and I look up, there’s a battle going on and I can tell Connie is coming on hard for the lead. The leader has a good led that she can’t make up but the battle for 2nd is bar-to-bar. At the finish, there was a hard right; flat turn, loose gravel and not a lot of room to carry speed. The woman in front of Connie didn’t practice the last corner and comes in too hot. Connie had practiced it and comes in drifting both wheels, full on flat tracking. We start screaming for her and she out sprints the other pro for 2nd place. FKNA! She’s spent and is just pointing at her bars. They are 30 degree’s off and the front brake is not where is should be. I ask, a crash? Nope, another competitor jumped on her bars at the start trying to get to her bike and Connie raced the whole damn course with her bars that way! She had to pull her front brake lever up to a useable location while in the gnarly rock section. Crazy to say the least how she finished so strong.

This is getting too long winded already but the DH was just as fun. Before we could load to go do a warm up run (we weren’t scheduled to race until 3:15 on Monday), the lift was closed for lighting. Then the hail started. Great, one of the gnarliset DH course we race on and it’s hailing right before we start. Should be fun. I end up taking a very sketchy shuttle ride up the mountain in the back of a beat trailer. By the time I get to the start, the lift had re-opened and the Pro women all come riding down to the start (I was the last CAT 1 on course, the Pro Women went after me).

Five beeps and I’m off. Breath, pedal harder, stay off the brakes more. Look through each turn a little further, cut every corner a little harder. The top for both course had pretty rough rock sections, stuff you don’t want to crash in. For some reason, I went real smooth, not even a foot bobble. Feeling good as I enter the first high speed section. Way up ahead, I can see the guy who went before me, he’ not going near as fast. Unfortunately, I catch him as we enter a tight single track section. I can’t pass. I yell (again), rider up, I’m coming, left, right; all to no avail. He’s not going to move out of the way. Fuck it, I’ll get him. Nope, he’s just fast enough now that I gain on him hard in the techy stuff and then pulls two bike lengths in the open. I end up on his tail the last 1/3 of the race. Can’t see my lines, can’t set anything up as I would normally. Ended up 10th, not bad for my first DH ride of the year on a bike I built hours before leaving for NM.

Connie comes up after Kimber and is in the hot set for a while, she had a clean run and it showed. Addie pulls I with a good lead and then a few more really fast women pull through. Addie ended up 5th, Connie 7th, Kimber 10th or so. Very respectable to say the least.

Within 20 minutes of pulling through the finish line, we are in the car for the next 11 hours. Get home @ 3:30 AM. Need to be in the office by 0630. Still worth it.
    Last edited by Mr. Altagirl; 05-26-2009 at 02:59 PM.
    "People blame me because these water mains break, but I ask you, if the
    water mains didn't break, would it be my responsibility to fix them then?
    WOULD IT!?!"
    - M. Barry,
    Mayor of Washington, DC

Heck yeah, big guy. Amazing recap to what sounds like an awesome weekend. Congrats to the both of you.
    dayglo aerobic enthusiast

Yep - that was a damn fun weekend of racing.

I was not stoked at the start of the Super D, watching the knee/elbow/running to your bike nonsense. I dont' run anymore. Like - never. After a few minutes of being negative and pissy I figured I'd better just start visualizing it and deciding that I can run fast... Which I guess at least sort of worked, because I made it to my bike somewhere around mid-pack, which was way better than I was thinking. Grabbed my bike, jumped on and started pedaling down the ski run trying to pass as many people as possible when I noticed my brake/hammerschmidt shifter pointing backwards where I couldn't reach them. I was bouncing around way too much to take a hand off to move them, making for some terrifying corners... I have to say I had totally forgotten what it would feel like to come in hot to a loose corner with only a rear brake. Yikes. I ended up crashing into one corner and luckily that gave me an opportunity to twist the levers back around as I was getting back up. I didn't notice the handlebars all twisted until a couple corners later when I figured there was no way to fix that on the fly and figured I was cornering alright so apparently it wasn't a big deal as long as I quit thinking about it. (The twisted handlebars might have been from the crash, but the crash was from not being able to reach my front brake which happened at the start. It always blows my mind that they do these stupid starts for "safety" to spread out the field... I'm not sure how chaos and running over other peoples bikes is supposed to promote safety...)

I passed a few people and then caught up to Michelle right as we popped onto the fire road - the pedally (but still slightly downhill part). She's a personal trainer and can easily out pedal me, and I was trying to make use of pumping every bump in the trail to stay on her rear tire and pedalling like crazy as it felt like my heart was going to explode. We finally got into a couple corners and I could gain on her but she was holding the best line and I was having a tough time getting by. We aired out of the last tree section and I landed just to her inside going into a flat corner, then accidentally buzzed her rear tire and about crashed recovering from that. I caught back up pretty close on the next two flat corners, and like Craig said - in the very last corner, which is flat to off camber with lots of gravel, she slid wide, put a foot down and I made the corner and got past her like 100' from the finish - sprinting as hard as I could without looking back because I was afraid she'd catch up. Overall it was one of those crazy races that was a combination of a train wreck, and one of the most fun races I've ever done. There's nothing like being neck and neck with someone for that long. She could out pedal me and I could out corner and pump her and the trail kept changing back and forth... Pretty damn fun! (And I'm glad I've been road biking as much as I have been so I didn't get dropped any worse with the pedalling...)

And the DH was a blast too. I was stoked that it was dry, and with the serious exception of the one practice run I did when the course was slimy, I was feeling great through the rock garden. That DH camp I did with Gene this February definitely paid off. My race run was pretty solid, with the exception of getting hung up on the one damn rock where the photographer sits. I caught a pedal on it and then couldn't get the bike shifted around, had to stand on top of the rock and drop the bike over the other side. With the photographer continuing to flash pictures in my face as I'm swearing and trying to get back on my bike. Um... you know I'm not buying pictures of me trying to get my pedal un-wedged from this rock, right dude? Anyway - other than that it was a pretty solid run and I was able to take 45 seconds off last year's time (and go from 15th to 7th.)

Anyway - I'm stoked. I had a great weekend!
    "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow, what a Ride!"

Thanks, IG! Cross posted from a different forum (pics to come, including some of Mini Gadget getting his medal):

...As some of you know, I'm one of the "rookie" racers on the CSW squad. The last time I road an MTB race was an XC in high school, on my Specialized Rock Hopper. Things have changed in the racing world, I assure you.

I showed up to Sundance, UT on Friday afternoon with intentions to run the Super D and maybe the DH or Trailbike DH over the weekend. The lady and I road the Super D course slowly (she's just beginning to ride) and I made a few mental notes. I then hopped on my new-to-me, first true DH bike, a Giant Faith 2. I rode the DH course a couple of times and got worked--the techy middle section with it's off camber drops and loose-scree-to-drop sent me over the bars twice. I wasn't surprised nor disappointed as it was the first real DH course I'd ever ridden. It was still fun and I enjoyed airing out the lower section jumps and ripping some fast corners throughout the rest of the course. Sundance was also offering a slightly different version of the course that was the same, without the middle tech section in a "Trail Bike DH," which I thought would be more my speed until I build up some DH skills this summer and get the new bike dialed in (virtually no front brake power and an undialed fork made it a bit dicey).

So I showed up Saturday morning ready to ride the Super D but not really knowing what to expect, so I was a bit nervous. I rode the redonkulously slow lift to the top and there was already a crowd assembled. All sorts of riders with all sorts of bikes were there--dudes in spandex on hardtails, dudes in full armor with goggles and DH bikes and everyone in between. I took it all in as some dudes sprayed about prior races here, medals, etc. and others played coy, asking to be scooped up if they died on the trail. I got to meet Mini Gadget who was as cool as the other side of my pillow and totally stoked. Another guy recognized me from the parking lot and made is way over to me. He was in full race regalia, a Transition Covert and headphones. "First race?" he asked, eying my Prophet and XC helmet. I said yes and he immediately launched into a 5 minute coaching session, anecdotal experiences and advice like, "just ride in our comfort zone" and "don't worry about your results."

I had entered Cat 3 at a few people's advice, mainly because it was my first race. There were 14 Cat 3 racers and I was 3rd in line. They were starting people in 2 minute intervals (I think) and we all lined up. The uphill start was fine and I was soon pedaling down the service road portion that lasted for maybe 2 miles or so. Easy enough, though loose on the corners and pretty pot holed, I just kept pedaling and trying to remember the basics like breathing control and where the sharp corners were while the adrenaline of racing pumped through my veins. A sharp, taped corner pointed me onto the beginning of the single track and the real pedaling began.

I steered through the corners, shifted and shifted and shifted as the terrain undulated. Over a downed log, yelling at tourons on the trail to clear, maching through a super fast straight away---it all started to blend. Then I learned my first racing lesson--even though it's a "gravity event," pacing oneself (especially early in the season) is probably a good idea. I hit what I believed was about half way and knew I was in trouble because my legs started to tire significantly and I still had a long way to go. Not to be discouraged, I simply kept at it and did my best to stay focused and strong though I felt like I was riding at about 80% strength.

Around that time I came up on the dude in front of me. "Passing!" I yelled and he pulled over accordingly. I muttered "thanks," feeling slightly guilty for some reason. More pedaling, more pedaling, then a fun woopty-do section with some small airs, then into the last section which was a really fun zig zag of perfect berms. It was here that I ran up onto the next guy in front of me--the guy from the start who had given me all the unsolicited advice--who was one switch back below me. By the end of the bermed section, I was right up on his back wheel as we got spat out onto the pavement for the final 200 yard climb to the finish line. I shifted down in anticipation of the steep climb and prepared to crank my way to a strong finish. Shit. I had already been in my middle ring (when I thought I was in the big) so I started the climb in my little ring which didn't make for good standing. Too late to shift, I ended up right behind the guy I had just caught up to which bummed me out, though I knew I had obviously beat him since he started 4 minutes in front of me.

I hopped off my bike, bent over and dying an anerobic death of sorts. The next guy came in (the dude I had passed half way through), then the next and the next and the next.

Not wanting to care too much about my results and telling myself it was my first race, I didn't check the printed standings. So I was surprised at the medal "ceremony" when the dude announced second place to "riding for Team Chainsmoke, Reverend Floater!" Still holding my Natural Light, I accepted my medal and learned that I had been beaten by 16 seconds which is a short amount of time, considering my time was 18 minutes and change. I was also encouraged to find that I would have placed 3rd in Category 2 and I believe I was 6th or 7th if you included the pros.

So all in all, it was a great time and encouraging. I really, really enjoyed the challenge and the rush of the clock--I've never been on a ride that really mattered before and to say it changed the game is an understatement.

I'll be riding Cat 2 from here on out and am looking forward to more racing as well as honing my DH skills with the Utards so I can start competing in those, too. Thanks for all the folks who gave me some advice (minus Douchey McBaggins at the start) and I hope to see you guys in a few weeks!
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Huge congrats to the coolest kids around, the AG's. Thanks for all the advice, Connie, and I can't wait to ride with you guys again soon!
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Nice work Rev! That's awesome!

And yeah, Super D's are always such a mish-mash of everything. It does make it interesting when you have such a wide array of fitness, skill and bike choices all on the same course to see what really works out to be fastest in the end.
    "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow, what a Ride!"

Sounds like a super fun weekend. Good on yer first race Rev!

Awesome Rev!! I knew you would kill that SuperD, way to go. I know it's a long way's off but I can't wait to get you down to Brain Head, that place will make you want to ride everyday for the rest of your life. Let us know if you ever just want to come down this way for a wekend, we'll do DH training by day and BBQ/beer training by night. Maybe a long SuperD type ride one day too (Crest to Millcreek / Deer Valley to Canyons via Mid-Mountain, etc..).

Nice work Mini-IG as well, he's got a lot of riding in his future.
    WOULD IT!?!"
    - M. Barry,
    Mayor of Washington, DC

Facking sick writeups yall! Love it. Congrats on the killer finishes to the whole crew - so cool to hear. I'm all fired up to race! 2 more weeks...gah.

Ross - I don't think your post showed up on that other board? I can't find it.
    I'm so hardcore, I'm gnarcore.

I raced at Sundance the DH Cat3 on the new bike this weekend. Results: Well I am still slow (6min 18sec)...
    The top time (of all the classes) was 4min 3 seconds (!)

Anyhow, We got a ton of rain on Sunday, and the race course was GREASY muddy. The drop in for the first part of the techincal section was pretty nasty. Pretty much stay on the bike, stay off the brakes and point it in the direction you wanna go and pray. Teh rest of the tech section wasn't too bad though. It was getting actually VERY good towards the end of the day. Teh fast times were being turned in on peoples second run as the mud had been tracked out, and the trail had been drying up.

My first run I was feeling pretty conservative with my speed.
    My second run I was going for it and I was doing REALLY well until my derailer decided to kiss my spokes. I supermaned it at the tech section right after the wooden ladder corner. After that point I slowed down because my derailer was having drinks and hors d'hovres with my cogset...

Anyhow, I had a great time at the race.
    Last edited by tigerstripe40; 05-26-2009 at 06:34 PM.
    -James

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    It doesn't behave well until it's going mach retarded.

Thumbs up

You guys are an inspiration! I am SO stoked on bike season!

I've never done a bike race before but I clicked on the link from go-ride's web page about Sundance and saw they had a "trail bike division" and figured it sounded like a great time to try racing. There ended up being 9 competitors in the division. We started out on the DH trail for the upper third, then diverged to the left around the roughest sections. The course went through a tough (for me at least) uphill section and a series of super tight switchbacks that kept me pedaling hard before rejoining the DH course for the last third including the berm with the nasty run-out and the wooden ramp. They ran us 45 sec apart and I caught the guy in from of me just as we hit the finish line. I had no aspirations other than to have fun but when the last guy finished his first run I was shocked to find myself the unofficial leader. That got me a little more nervous for my second run realizing I would have to do it faster to stay ahead. The second run started off well and I felt strong through the switchbacks and the 2 lane dirt rode leading into the bottom section. I hit a good line on the right berm and then just as I was pedaling for the wooden jump -pssst- pinch flat. Guess I need to get thicker tubes or bigger tires for days like that. Oh well...I think I ended up 4th but I had to bail before the awards. Overall I had a great time and would definitely recommend it to anyone thinking of giving it a try. I thought the atmosphere was very relaxed and unintimidating. Thanks to anyone who helped put it together.

Quote Originally Posted by oh well View Post
    I've never done a bike race before but I clicked on the link from go-ride's web page about Sundance and saw they had a "trail bike division" and figured it sounded like a great time to try racing. There ended up being 9 competitors in the division. We started out on the DH trail for the upper third, then diverged to the left around the roughest sections. The course went through a tough (for me at least) uphill section and a series of super tight switchbacks that kept me pedaling hard before rejoining the DH course for the last third including the berm with the nasty run-out and the wooden ramp. They ran us 45 sec apart and I caught the guy in from of me just as we hit the finish line. I had no aspirations other than to have fun but when the last guy finished his first run I was shocked to find myself the unofficial leader. That got me a little more nervous for my second run realizing I would have to do it faster to stay ahead. The second run started off well and I felt strong through the switchbacks and the 2 lane dirt rode leading into the bottom section. I hit a good line on the right berm and then just as I was pedaling for the wooden jump -pssst- pinch flat. Guess I need to get thicker tubes or bigger tires for days like that. Oh well...I think I ended up 4th but I had to bail before the awards. Overall I had a great time and would definitely recommend it to anyone thinking of giving it a try. I thought the atmosphere was very relaxed and unintimidating. Thanks to anyone who helped put it together.
    Hell yeah, buddy! Nice work--I think you can safely feel pretty good about your results, seeing as a flat kept you from the gold!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Altagirl View Post
    Great weekend @ Angle Fire. .
    Fucking EPIC story. I am soo Jealous. I miss this place!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Altagirl View Post
    Awesome Rev!! I knew you would kill that SuperD, way to go. I know it's a long way's off but I can't wait to get you down to Brain Head, that place will make you want to ride everyday for the rest of your life. Let us know if you ever just want to come down this way for a wekend, we'll do DH training by day and BBQ/beer training by night. Maybe a long SuperD type ride one day too (Crest to Millcreek / Deer Valley to Canyons via Mid-Mountain, etc..).

Nice work Mini-IG as well, he's got a lot of riding in his future.
    I'd LOVE to spend even a solid day with you, learning as much as I could. My strengths are cornering and pedaling--everything technical and airy are my weaknesses because as I've said a billion times, we gots plenty of cornering and pedaling here but NO techy stuff nor airs to practice on.

That said, unfortunately I'm definitely out for Brianhead this year. One of my GF's best friends is getting married that day and my balls would be in a jar if I even mentioned skipping it for another race. She's been pretty damned cool about all these proposed racing trips this summer, so I have to take what I can get. She was very happy to tag along and spend her 3rd day of mountain biking ever riding Sundance with me (she took some big falls and smiled through it all) so I'm trying to keep her mtb stoke up.

My next trip to Utah will likely be for the Wolf Creek Super D on June 20th. If you guys have time, I'd love to run the race on Saturday and then spend the rest of the weekend riding with you guys and hopefully Conundrum & Particle. I have a Sundance Super D on my calendar on that Sunday but I think that was my mistake? Anyhow, I'll take whatever opportunities to ride with you guys that I can--I need to learn how to do this shit STAT!

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post

My next trip to Utah will likely be for the Wolf Creek Super D on June 20th. If you guys have time, I'd love to run the race on Saturday and then spend the rest of the weekend riding with you guys and hopefully Conundrum & Particle. I have a Sundance Super D on my calendar on that Sunday but I think that was my mistake? Anyhow, I'll take whatever opportunities to ride with you guys that I can--I need to learn how to do this shit STAT!
    So is that a no-go for Bountiful? Thought you were trying to get down here for that one. Sadly I am out for Wolf Creek, will be driving a load cross-country from Ohio (for the last time) that weekend.
    I'm so hardcore, I'm gnarcore.

Quote Originally Posted by Particle View Post
    So is that a no-go for Bountiful? Thought you were trying to get down here for that one. Sadly I am out for Wolf Creek, will be driving a load cross-country from Ohio (for the last time) that weekend.
    I don't think I'll make it, simply because I know I'm not ready to compete in full-on DH yet. Because of this, I want to spend my traveling chips (and cash) wisely.

nice work and nice blogs....
    smile when you are going down, it looks more graceful
    dobish.blogspot.com Dynafit & O1 Adapter or AXL/2nd Ski Kit Sandwich Blog

Glad ya'll had fun weekends. Mine was equally awesome.

DH was the gnar, but my 6.5 inch "downhill" bike ate rocks for breakfast, despite the naysayers. Managed to trim 12 seconds off my qualifier and 40 off of last year's time, so I *think* my training is paying off.

4X consisted of lots of beer and laughter while we watched people blow up in the first corner. It was some fine spectating, and I'm glad I didn't race that one.

Nice Rev. This Super D you guys are talking about sounds like a ton of fun.

Found a nice ride that has climbing and a fun, techy/rocky downhill section out Greenhorn, we should hit that up.
    "I don't feel tardy"

What bike is that, beast?

Rev, you definitely don't want your first DH to be at Bountiful...well, not in my opinion. Bountiful has nothing to do with cornering and everything to do with keeping the poop out of your pants as you skim across a sea of talc and rocks, or navigate through crazy steep, loose trenches...filled with talc and rocks.

I do love the rocky section before the creek at the end, though.

Edit: Super solid race reports from everybody. Mr AG always puts me in the moment. I can almost feel him turning into Sobchak as he tries to pass the lycra-clad Nihilists. Good stuff.
    Last edited by bagtagley; 05-27-2009 at 09:39 AM.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Nice shot Beast!
    WOULD IT!?!"
    - M. Barry,
    Mayor of Washington, DC

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    Rev, you definitely don't want your first DH to be at Bountiful...well, not in my opinion.
    I think It'd be hard to be competitive in Bountiful if you never raced or/and are not on a DH bike but that doesn't mean the place is not fun. The first time I rode it was on a hardtail and had a super fun time (not racing though)!
    Even when beat to hell this course is still my favorite in Utah. Something about letting it go and feeling like going mach loney between rows of bushes. Just pure fun!!

(I might just like this place also because you don't really need to use your pedals either and be in great shape )

I am actually super excited to go ride that place again after being sidelined for all these months!

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    I "think" it's a Felt Redemption.

Wonder if that was what Cam Zink was riding at the Rampage?