Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Poster Sale for McConkey

Shane McConkey has always been one of my skiing heroes. He seemed larger than life, yet seemed approachable, personable and modest in a "guy next door" sort of way. Sadly, I never had opportunity to meet or ski with Shane in life. Perhaps this can be my way/our way of honoring him in death.

I have a wife and son, with another arriving in 4 weeks. My heart aches for the McConkey family. While a check in the mail certainly won't make everything better, a gesture of kindness and caring certainly can change the way one sees life in such challenging tragic times.

Many of you have already purchased my fine art ski poster, but I imagine there are many out there who haven't. I would like to sell as many posters as possible and donate the full proceeds to the McConkey family. Whether they are in need of financial help or not doesn't matter to me. It is a gesture of kindness from the maggots that will hopefully help to ease the pain. While the funds can be used however the family sees fit, I would love for it to be put in a college fund for Shane's daughter, Ayla. I realize this is not a poster or anything tangible of Shane, but it is already produced, and we can be quicker to provide a moral and financial buoy to the McConkey family.

You can purchase the poster here. Please leave a note in the paypal transaction stating it is for the McConkey fundraiser. If this doesn't seem to float people's boat, I will let it fall into TGR thread oblivion. Hopefully we get some response. I will be sure to send all proceeds from "The Maggots" and hope to be able to update this thread with a significant amount of funds raised some time soon. Thanks for your help in supporting the family of one of our heroes.

Edit: Apparently there is no special instructions box through the paypal purchase on my website. I will assume that the poster orders are for this fundraiser, and will confirm with you by email. Thanks.

Edit #2: Please forward the blog link below onto any of your friends/family who may not be maggots, but may be interested in helping out Shane's family. I have put up a blog post to make it a bit more global in scope. Spread the word! Worthy cause! http://www.adambarkerphotography.com...ey-fundraiser/

Edit #3: The last day for this fundraiser will be Friday, April 3.

Last edited by grizzle6; 04-02-2009 at 08:10 AM.
    The Griz

Well put. Order placed..

Any chance to have a different poster? I would love to contribute and already have this one.

I'd love to do a different poster, but only have this one produced. Maybe there's someone you could give it to as a gift???
    The Griz

Order in.....although I didn't see a place to write McConkey Fundraiser....I'm sure you'll figure it out.
    "Why Pinto?"

You can write it in the "Special Instructions" box. Thanks for the purchase!
    The Griz

Done.

Didn't see any special instrcutions field though.

Very honorable of you, Adam. Thanks. We'll probably start figuring out how proceeds can get to Ayla in the next couple of days.
    or don't

awesome AB. Also don't see a special instructions field, it's a bit of a modified paypal screen...
    Will be pulling the trigger as soon as i get friend's mailing address...
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Purchased and also didnt see special instructions box but you'll know.

Unbelievable. Already $150.00 raised. Sweet!!!
    The Griz

Great idea. Payment coming. My best to all of Shane's family.

Thanks Adam. Order in.

I couldn't find the special instruction either. Is there a special instruction section about special instructions? Us special needs kids need all the help we can get

Anyway, you will see an order going to Ventura, so that's me. Props for doing this, Maggots fucken rule

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Ordered poster, ditto no special instructions order going to Santa Cruz, thanks!

For Ayla!

Good on you AB. For anyone on the fence, the poster is really great looking and definitely frame-worthy. Really high-quality, crisp image, etc.

$275 and counting!
    The Griz

ordered as well, didnt see option to input "for mcconkey" or whatever. Also, tweeted this out to our network.

Grizz, do you have any plans to produce any fishing posters as well?

I hope to some time soon. It's really an issue of where to store all the posters once they're printed. 1000 posters need a nice, special dry place to live until they're sold...
    The Griz

Ordered.

You're images have always been inspiring to this lurker, so I'm stoked to have the opportunity to actually own one AND have the proceeds go to a good cause.

poster = ordered.

way to step up, Adam. With all Shane did for the ski industry, lets hope his wife and daughter are well taken care of.

Quote Originally Posted by grizzle6 View Post
    Many of you have already purchased my fine art ski poster, but I imagine there are many out there who haven't. I would like to sell as many posters as possible and donate the full proceeds to the McConkey family.
    Not wanting to rain on a good idea, but I'd like to know what you mean by "full proceeds"? Is that the entire $25 purchase price or some percentage of it?

I ask more because I really don't have a need for a poster and if it's not a considerable amount after your costs, I'd rather just make a direct donation to the family.
    Last edited by spanky; 03-27-2009 at 11:39 AM.
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

poster ordered.