Turn Radius = 30.5m
    Mount = -9

Flex: Iggy can chip in for this one.

Mounted with 14 din Salomons

Me.
    6-1
    160 lbs.
    18 years old.

Been skiing my whole life, in Tahoe mostly, a couple weeks at Alta. Like going fast, big turns, jumping off rocks, small cliffs (30 feet maybe, hopefully bigger soon) etc. Chutes, steeps, spines, anything.

Skies I have skied: 178 Scratch BC (my main ski), 181 Apache Chief, 179 pontoons.

I havn't gotten out to much on these this season yet, because the snow has not been to great in. My first day with about 8 inches at northstar I was blown away, I have never been on a rockered ski and they were just so much fun. I just loved the feeling of landing in pow. Could do short turns if I wanted, and if I was going really fast I could easily kind of slash and cut speed. I then skied them at Squaw on a powder day to give them a little bit more to work with. Had an amazing run down the fingers (I think, right under kt.) These skies were amazing, so stable, fast, in control. Felt really good coming off smallish cliffs etc. I was very confident and felt amazing.

I then took them out in some untouched pow snowcat skiing in BC ([ame="https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153250"]TR: Island Lake Lodge - Teton Gravity Research Forums[/ame]) Again, they were amazing, maneuverable in the tree's, in control, and I just loved going fast and taking pretty big turns. I tried the pontoons for a couple runs, thinking they would feel totally different and probably better in the untouched because of the reverse camber. The pontoons felt a little bouncy to me, and my wrenegades floated just as well, and felt kind of more.....powerful, haha. like you could rip on them more.

These skis are awesome, only complaint is a little bit of topsheet chipping, probably because I did not prep these well enough....and if your in it for how you look, your in it for the wrong reason. Stable, could power through chopped up snow, could cut speed if wanted. Playful, like I could lean back a little bit and pop up over a little stump or bush or something. They just rip. Great for something like Alta, they'd be amazing under the tram at snowbird, squaw, anywhere with some pretty soft snow. They are also held an edge on the groomers, and were allright on the very little moguls I did at the end of the day at squaw getting to other runs.

Very well built skis, know race over to gearswap and get the pair of great scotts iggy is selling.....you will not be disappointed.

Any questions do not hesitate to ask.

Update. I forgot to do this so I am updating now.

I had a couple more really good days at squaw on these bad boys. One it had snowed up top at Granite chief, but rained at the bottom. So it was very wet sierra cement. I used to not really have any fun on this type of snow because I couldn't really turn and got tired pretty fast. It was a blast on these. Loved jumping off small cliffs, slashing turns, going down little chutes and popping off natural features (there was this one really fun tree tap). It was one of the most fun days of the year.

Also had them out on a couple spring type days. I started with my scratch BC's and I did not feel so confident on them. Went down headwall and when I pointed down the hill I was not very stable or anything. Then I went to my car and grabbed my wrenegades and man was I stupid for not starting with them. So stable, nice GS turns down choppy stuff which I could not do on my scratch's. Definitely my ski of choice for any off piste spring skiing. So yeah, go buy them, you will be kicking yourself in the head if you miss this presale price. Don't think about it, just do it.
    Last edited by powderhound100; 07-20-2009 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by powderhound100 View Post
    Any questions do not hesitate to ask.
    Can I have them?

Sounds amazing.
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

Quote Originally Posted by powderhound100 View Post
    If any of this is wrong, Scott please correct me

191cm Wrenegade
    141/113/128
    Running Length = 162cm
    Tip Rocker = 15cm x 1.5cm (rec)
    Tail Rocker = N/A
    Tip and Tail Height/Length = 6cm rise over 14.5cm
    Total Tip Rise = 7.5cm
    Total Tail Rise = 6cm
    Turn Radius = 30.5m
    Mount = -9

Flex: Iggy can chip in for this one.

These skis are awesome, only complaint is a little bit of topsheet chipping, probably because I did not prep these well enough....
    Looks right. Flex on yours was a touch softer that most, probably around 235-240 on the iggy scale. Production will be closer to 245/250ish.

And yeah, as far as topsheet chipping, it really was ME not prepping them well enough. Just didn't have time to bevel the topsheets for 50+ skis. Production came down literally to the night before I moved out of my house, and included not only moving out, but taking apart the whole shop. I think I called it at like 11PM, and my walk through was 12 hours later.

I have a new quick and super effective method of beveling the topsheets that all new skis will come with, so there should be minimal topsheet chipping. Plus we are changing to a different, more chip resistant material. Just better all around .

Thanks for the review man.
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

May be a dumb Question but, how do you bevel your topsheets?

Powderhound100's review added to the collection!

Scott...you'd better start making more skis...the hordes are gonna be knocking down your door pretty soon to get what they want...

Mass-Produced Skiers Use Mass-Produced Skis
    Rip it up with something different.
    Support small and independent ski builders
    http://www.ExoticSkis.com

haha.

You can bevel your topsheet with any ol' file... a rock, your teeth or any ol sword that may be laying around, but if you choose to chew your topsheets down beware of fiberglass splinters. Basically your just wearing down the sharp topsheet edge so that if and when you aren't 100% in control and you whack your ski with the other's edge you don't start a big peel... a rounded topsheet should allow your skis to more or less glance off each other with little to no cosmetic damage.

Just curious Scott, the original Wrenagades you pressed for Alex, what was the est. stiffness of those? I be his younger brother... and I be a big fan of those skis. Had pretty much my best line and drops on em... they are quite the sufficient landing gear ...

Quote Originally Posted by Sillygoat View Post

Just curious Scott, the original Wrenagades you pressed for Alex, what was the est. stiffness of those? I be his younger brother... and I be a big fan of those skis. Had pretty much my best line and drops on em... they are quite the sufficient landing gear ...
    Hey man - glad to hear you like em.

I would put that pair at like 250-255, the pair here at 235, and my pair at about 245. Production will be in the 245-250 range, so basically a touch stiffer than my pair (mostly underfoot) and a touch softer than Alex's pair Really subtle change though.

O and yeah - beveling sidewalls can be done with a file, razor, etc. I find it easiest and most effective by just running a razor perpendicular to the ski at a 45 degree angle. Really quick and does a nice job.

I agree with the hoards... more skis, new press!... any word on any of that yet? I've got a little bad news about the first edition Wrens... they now have a mild compressed edge thanks to me... any word on what is different in the sidewall dept.
    What do you mean why do I have duct tape on my skis!?! It improves edge hold, increases pop, adds durability, and most importantly, boosts horsepower by like 30%... what? your skis don't have horsepower?

Quote Originally Posted by Sillygoat View Post
    I agree with the hoards... more skis, new press!... any word on any of that yet? I've got a little bad news about the first edition Wrens... they now have a mild compressed edge thanks to me... any word on what is different in the sidewall dept.
    Yeah - I heard that from Alex. Don't think the in-bounds whistler conditions are very ski friendly right now.

I am mostly waiting to hear back from some people, and trying to make contact with more. Getting capital right now is pretty tough.

Sidewalls next year will be UHMW, so as bomber as they get .

Updated with spring conditions. These skis kill it on anything (except for groomers and park of course)

do they handle straightlining on groomers and gs turns on groomers well?

bump....

so is a 250 flex medium stiff?
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I suggest we do more airmchair QBing with no facts except as stated in the article.

Quote Originally Posted by growup&ski View Post
    do they handle straightlining on groomers and gs turns on groomers well?
    Yup, quite well. Obviously because of their size not a ski you would take out if you only wanted to ski groomers that day, not made for groomers but are fine on them.

And ask iggy about the stiffness, mine are a little softer.

Has anyone lighter tried this ski?
    I'm 130lbs, but the 181s look like awesome skis.
    I suggest we do more airmchair QBing with no facts except as stated in the article.

bump....

Quote Originally Posted by skibum93 View Post
    Has anyone lighter tried this ski?
    I'm 130lbs, but the 181s look like awesome skis.
    My buddy tried my 191's and he's like 135lbs. Basically...just get the 181.
    My drinking buddies say i have a skiing problem...