I got this ski mounted up with NX21s in December and have finally gotten enough experience on them in different conditions that I feel like I can write a thorough review. The one disclaimer I will put on is that this is my first ski with rocker in it. I'm also 5'10, about 140 lbs and a strong skier with a racing background. I generally ski at Loveland and in the backcountry. Enough with that crap, on to the ski.
This ski freaking rules. Whatever those guys at Moment are doing they need to continue doing it. The first day I was on these skis was a day at Loveland where the conditions were far from ideal for a ski that is 115 underfoot with lots of tip and tail rocker. It was honestly a blast. The ski edges without much energy and effort going into the turn and releases with a great amount of energy. The groomers and wind pack that we were skiing were still loads of fun. The only thing that wasn't very much fun was moguls, but I think part of that might have been getting used to the rockers performance there. The skis did chatter a bit at very high speed on groomers because of the rocker as well.
They handled recycled and consolidated powder with speed and dexterity. Consolidated powder made them just take off in speed and even on steeper stuff they still handled fast and stable. In powder they were unbelievable and the deeper and faster the better. They absolutly ripped in touring and on the ridge last weekend and I don't think I'll ever ski powder without rocker again. I can honestly say that I think I had one of the runs of my life last weekend because of those skis on a 42 degree chute with untouched deep powder last weekend. I don't think I could get the tips to submerge or the tails to hook if I tried.
They are extremely responsive and in trees, chutes or steeps respond to every touch. Skiing over wind scraped areas at Loveland has become much easier because if you just pull back a bit, the ski airs straight over them. Hucks and landings are great and once again, the ski always seems to want to right itself so you don't have to worry about burying the tips. Also, with 115 underfoot to land on, you've got a sick landing pad.
It says on Moments website that Josh Bibby designed this ski as a backcountry jib ski and after a few days touring on it, I'll second that. It's a remarkably light ski for its size (coming in at around 8 lbs I believe-correct me if I'm wrong). I feel like any over weight issues that I have with the ski is because of the NX21s on them and not the ski itself. The ski performs great in deep powder, in trees, steeps or both. It's responsiveness really lends itself to backcountry days where your relegated to skiing trees because of the Avy danger and after a few days on them, I think I'd have no problem taking them into tight chutes as well.
All in all I give this ski 4 stars and would highly reccomend them to anyone as an abso fuckin lute blast.