Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

SitSki at the X-Games TR

So I got into Aspen last night after picking up a rental minivan at denver and grabbing a couple sleeping bags en-route to keep my ass from freezing.

I'm posting this from the Athlete Lounge on one of the fancy big PC's they have set up, and I'm not shitting you but Tanner Hall is about 5 feet away from me, allthough I'm not sure he knows how to use a PC.

I just got off the hill from my first day of practice, not able go down the course yet as they're still building it, but it looks gnarly as fuck and I gotta say it's scaring the shit outta me already. I dont get to inspect and practice the course until thursday, the semi-fianls and finals are on sunday, all of them live on ESPN.

Did I say this isnt just my first x-games, not even just my first skier-x competition, but whenever I do eventually get to go down the course, it'll be the very first time I've ever been on a skier-x course, nevermind raced on one, I'm fucked.

I got my passes and swag bag last night (if anyone wants an x-games dressing gown then hit me up on a PM before I put it on ebay or throw it away) and things are starting to feel serious now, not least because I just found out that there's a $10,000 purse for the monoskier-x comp.

The Warren Miller guys were here filming a bit today but they were with some other guy, I'll be a slut tomorrow I think.

I've got photos of stuff but cant post anything 'till I get my Mac and bring it back over here later.

I still have visitors passes to the games and athlete lounge so if any mags are gonna be coming to Buttermilk let me know and I'll let you into the room of free redbull.

I'm gonna grab some food and sort things out then post a couple pics later.

Best of luck dude! Kick ass! I have been following your ongoing TR's and am just blown away by what you are doing.

don't forget to tell Warren we all said hi

Fuck ya man good luck

you're livin' the dream man - good luck!!
    Hail Ullr

Just relax and have fun skiing the course. Don't focus on being the fastest, but just finishing. And again, relax and have fun.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Hey man, have fun with it, enjoy and best of luck...kick some ass! Can't wait to see some pics and hopefully catch some footage this weekend.
    "Wherever beer is brewed, all is well. Whenever Beer is drunk, life is good" -- Czech proverb.

This is badass. Thanks for the live update, can't wait to follow this thread. I gotta check when my TV listings are for the games.

Quote Originally Posted by SitSki13 View Post
    I'm posting this from the Athlete Lounge on one of the fancy big PC's they have set up, and I'm not shitting you but Tanner Hall is about 5 feet away from me, allthough I'm not sure he knows how to use a PC.
    He posts on NS, but it's always in ALL CAPS.
    ((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

Go get that 10k and take yourself on a sick ass trip. What's your name/X Games number so we can all root for you live?

BSS Guest
    Good luck man, how exciting.

Free red bull room? ESPN? $10,000 purse? athlete lounge? comp passes? T-Hall is five feet away? X-Games??!!

You rockstar.

Don't forget to enjoy yourself - you've already got all of us stoked, don't forget to do the same for yourself.

And good luck man, I'm sure more than a few of us will be watching.

Awesome.

Going to set the Tivo now.
    I'm a cougar, not a MILF! I have to protect my rep! - bklyn

In any case, if you're ever really in this situation make sure you at least bargain in a couple of fluffers.
    -snowsprite

FUCK YEA! Thinking good thoughts!!!!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++VIBES+++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

okbye
    TELL YOUR BOOBS TO QUIT STARING AT MY EYES!!!1!

Here, I'll help you out:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Famous View Post
    RENO SUPERMOTO

Good luck dude.

You da man!

Quote Originally Posted by SitSki13 View Post
    Did I say this isnt just my first x-games, not even just my first skier-x competition, but whenever I do eventually get to go down the course, it'll be the very first time I've ever been on a skier-x course, nevermind raced on one, I'm fucked.
    Shit! Fuck that! I'll tell you like they used to tell us at the Citadel, "If you ain't cheatin' you ain't tryin'! If you get caught, you ain't tryin' hard enough!"

GET SOME!

This is the worst pain EVER!

Sounds rad man. You're going to fuckin kill it!

inspiring! get some!

Go Big

Best of British Luck, mate! Bring it!
    What, no congrats from the UKmags?

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Hell yeah, tear that course up. Maker's advice is wise; forget the competitors, do what YOU do best and the rest will follow. Definitely post a bib # if you can, a name, some sort of identifier so we know who to hollor for. Get after it!!
    I think the potato gun proved the stability.

VC is offline Calmer then you are Dude
    Scared man can't win.........Best of luck

Quote Originally Posted by BSS View Post

Free red bull room? ESPN? $10,000 purse? athlete lounge? comp passes? T-Hall is five feet away? X-Games??!!
    FREE DRESSING GOWN??

Good luck to ye, I'll get some people here rooting for you if there's a live stream

Best of luck. Don't let the course or the cameras faze you, just get out there and rip the fuck out of it. I'll be sure to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by ectreeskier11 View Post
    What's your name/X Games number so we can all root for you live?
    ANDY CAMPBELL

((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

DIE LIVING!
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

BAD ASS!

Go git it!
    "You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning".

-Scottish Proverb