SitSki's Bros Stolen in Steamboat, Lookout Requested

Steamboat....

So after Andy's great day powder skiing with the rockin snowcat peeps in Steamboat, I was kinda bummed to hear someone ripped a pair of Andy's 192 Bros from the stairwell where the disability equipment was stored.

Here's Andy's email to me.....

...In really bad news, two of the 192s have been stolen from the mountain here at steamboat. They were unmounted and my back-up for the x-games, I've just made up a poster with all the details and taken a copy to every ski shop in town, if the scumbag tries to get them mounted in Steamboat then he'll get caught.

We're having the security camera tapes checked over to see if it was caught on tape or not, whoever took them went into a stairwell where all the disability equipment was stored. I've still got the pair of 195s and another 192, so I should be set for the x-games, I'm leaving for Aspen in the morning.

OK. I'm pissed. What kind of lowbrow scum steals skis?
    But what kind of lowbrow scum steals skis from disabled skiers?
    I'm bummed cause that pair of skis were rides for two other sitskiers.
    Keep an eye out. The maggot telegraph is in full effect.

I know every pair of 192s in CO. Someones gonna either mount them or try to sell them. One was a blem, missing the diecut logo and metal tip piece in the base. Those areas were base welded over for that ski to be used for practice or as a spare. The other has the logo and metal tip piece. They won't flex uniformly. Since sitskiers only use one ski, we sent different flexes. The pair is really two singles that flex differently. So the hosers hosed themselves as well as Andy. If you see that base welded tip, that's the clincher.

Thanks, poser. Like I said, this upset me so much I couldn't type.
    I mean, here's Andy, on the rides of a lifetime, and what happens?

We haven't used serial #s since we manufactured in Quebec. But this theft could change that. However, There's maybe only one pair of skis like those in CO. And Andy's would be easily identifiable. One was a blem, missing the diecut logo and metal tip piece in the base. Those areas were base welded over for that ski to be used for practice or as a spare. The other has the logo and metal tip piece. Nor do they flex uniformly, since sitskiers only use one ski, we sent different flexes. The pair is really two singles that flex differently. So the hosers hosed themselves as well as Andy.

Thanks for the sticky and the title correction, homefries!

I just wanted to say, for both Andy and me, how much we appreciate that you guys have been looking around and implementing searches and such. If word of a group effort by mags to reward ski thieves with a vacation at the crowbar hotel gets around, the rest might think twice. Humble thanks.

Richie is our webmaster. That pair is legit.

^^^^That's what I was thinking today. heh.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    I am having a hard time untying this here noose....

Hang onto it. (yuk yuk)
    It's only been 30 hours.

Moving beyond the threadkill.......

Quote Originally Posted by DarkStar View Post
    So...is this for real still, are the skis still missing....supposedly in Steamboat? Because....I was recently offered an unmounted pair of 192 bros from some people that I know in town, and this was within the last week or so. I was given no information how they came across them, or what they look like or whatever, but this now sounds real suspicious to me....
    That sounds like the pair. Is this for real? Cause I'll fly out there just to put the pricks in jail, even if I have to make a citizen's arrest, which I would thoroughly enjoy doing.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkStar View Post
    Alright, here's an update....sorry for the delay, but I've been trying to work this out when I have some time.

Was able to ascertain that these people still have the Bros, not sold yet. When asked what they looked like response was, and I quote "They are like tan ish with a tree on them. brand new dude."

Splat, SS13...this sounding like the pair?
    That's them. Please supply names and address, other pertinent info.
    If I get that, I'm on the next flight.

Like I said above, if one of the logos is filled in black, that's them.
    This needs to happen fast, rather than at one post per day rate.
    DarkStar, you got a cellie number you could pm me?
    pechelman - I would never trust a dumbass cop to accomplish anything.
    This is a matter of principle and I'm just the guy to bring it when it comes to finalizing the bullshit.

Just waiting on DarkStar now....

edit: DarkStar - please tell the fucktards that are offering these skis your buddy who is coming to town for a couple weeks would like to see a picture and they can pretty much consider them sold upon his arrival. Make the motherfukker hold them up so we have his pic with pics of both sides of the skis. Tell him I'm coming in from NorCal with the KGB in hand.

Thanks for the first belly laugh of the morning, Dibs.
    We have a plan to get Putin on the Bros.

YetiMan is right. I want to be the guy coming to town who needs some fat skis and will buy them upon arrival. I can handle the whole thing from the moment of introduction. Actually, I kinda get a boner about things like this.

Not to worry. Everything will be just fine.
    If DarkStar could post more than once every morning, it'd be even better.

Speculations aside, all I know is DarkStar sacked up enough to call me and tell me the skis are available for pick up and this coincided with a pm from Andy saying he needs more skis, so all is well, as long as the skis get to Andy ASAP.

Though I'm disappointed I won't get to hang anyone up by their thumbs and practice my kidney kicks, all I want to do is get the skis to Andy. Just so happens that Idris is driving to Aspen tomorrow am early to do his mountain guide course.
    And I'd rather stay here and take care of a few things before leaving for SIA.
    Would Steamboat be on the way to Aspen? If so, Idris can pick them up and get them to Andy in almost the same amount of time I could get into Denver, then drive to Steamboat and then to Aspen.

Thanks, DarkStar. I know this whole sitch has been squirrelly and dodgy for you, but getting the skis to Andy is the big deal here. Idris would be there tomorrow night to pick them up and drop them with Andy Saturday morning.
    Works out beautifully. Can he doubleback to Craig and go south to I-70 to get to Aspen?

I'll add that this has been very nerve-wracking for DarkStar. I can sense it in his voice. I thank him for intervening on behalf of the maggots. Please don't cast any blame his way. He stepped up. Job one is getting Andy the skis, as he broke a 195 jumping today and only has two skis left. But I'm sending an additional pair of 195s with Idris. Along with the two 192's, Andy will be able to make it through the games. Keeping my eye on the ball, that is really all that is important. Sometimes, you have to lose the battle to win the war. Let ours be a graceful mission and just walk away with the goods.

I'd also like to thank everyone for their generous offers to help and the overall maggot spirit that has once again proven to be indomitable.

You All ROCK.

Quote Originally Posted by YetiMan View Post
    I guess I'm a little confused...

would the enlightened few care to mention:
    1) who has the skis now
    and
    2) who fucking stole a pair of bro models from a disabled skier?

still relevant questions imho

Someone who will think twice about ever stealing a pair of skis again, given that he now knows how close he came to becoming a tooth donor.

Andy is covered. Idris is on the road right now from Reno to Aspen via Steamboat to pick up the skis tonite. Thanks for the offers, guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Enough of the bullshit slinging (though I thought Nate's last post rocked).

So where are the skis now?
    Anyone?
    Andy getting em in time?
    Idris is currently passing through Utah on his way to Steamboat, then Aspen.
    No lack of efficiency on our end.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    *scratches head*
    *rubs lips*

* fondles skis*

Idris has the skis in hand and is on his way to Aspen.

FKNA!

*pushes buttons on remote, smells remote, throws remote in garbage, goes to computer*

I know not how to do it.