Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thumbs up I want to ski with you. Yes, you, all of you.

I've been on this board for a while, but haven't skied with any of you yet. Met several through other things (climbing, shop work, etc...), but never actually skied with any of you.

Here's my schedule: I'm leaving Sunday or Monday and skiing through the first week of January. I'll be skiing with my parents in summit county from the 25th to the 30th, that's the only set dates.

What I've got: An epic pass, a truck, a -20 degree bag, and a decent slr to take pictures with, friends who live in Leadville, and beer money. Most importantly an immense desire to ski pow and get better at skiing.

What I don't have: AVI training/gear (though I'm debating getting in an avi 1 class) so BC is out for me, unless you want to teach me, which of course is welcomed, but not at all expected. I don't have any other connections in places to stay other than Denver, Leadville, and Colorado Springs.

All that said, I'm going to chase the snow. Jackson, SLC, Colorado. If its dumping, I'm going to make it my mission to be there.

A fair warning though: I'm from Texas, and compared to you all I will no doubt make you feel better about your ability to ski. This will be the most consecutive days I've skied in my life, and I'm ready and willing to get my ass handed to me.

I'll bump this thread when I figure out where its snowing most and thus where I'm going to be. That said, I'll be happy to car pool with anyone if I'm in your area.

Even if you don't want to ski with me, lets all drink beer together!

I'm pretty freaking stoked about this!

LETS GET IT ON!

Well, if you have the Epic pass, I think that works at Heavenly in Tahoe, so watch the weather for some fun pow in January. I doubt the Tahoe gang wants to do Heavenly, but you never know. Then if you want to work your way a few hours south to Mammoth, let me know when your there and hopefully my crew and I can put you up a few nights while we are up there. It would be fun to ski with a Tejas mag. Have fun chasing the snow.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

I'd be happy to spin a few laps in Vail with you.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

My fold out couch in SLC is always open for a fellow Texas escapee. Lemme know when you pass through.
    Congrats, mags! We collected 1030.68! for birdman!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuckerman View Post
    No is that like whne I come on your mosms face whle you lick my ballsss???

Epic pass does work at Heavenly... but, you don't wanna go there. Unless you like cross-country skiing. I've got season passes at Squaw, Alpine, and Kirkwood, which will get guests discounted tickets, so if you happen to make it to California, let us know and we'll meet up for some turns.
    ((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Explosion View Post
    My fold out couch in SLC is always open for a fellow Texas escapee. Lemme know when you pass through.
    You've come a long way, JONG.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    You've come a long way, JONG.
    No I haven't. I continue to make an ass out of myself on a daily basis.
    Congrats, mags! We collected 1030.68! for birdman!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuckerman View Post
    No is that like whne I come on your mosms face whle you lick my ballsss???

What? No love for the EC? What are we...chopped liver?

(maybe just maybe I'll make it out west some time this season...)

Sprite
    "I call it reveling in natures finest element. Water in its pristine form. Straight from the heavens. We bathe in it, rejoicing in the fullest." --BZ

hit me up at monarch on your way out the door...a little slim right now, but you can't beat the price.

Let me know if you head to tahoe.
    Go Sharks.

Who cares where you're from.... it's where you are that counts. You've got the right attitude! Enjoy the season and post the stoke.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

I've gotta say that this was a pretty solid post by the OP...this is a "How to post a thread" thread if ever there was one.

Dude came on, explained his steeze and laid it out nice and succinct. No 'tude, no JONG lameness, just the simple facts and a good times vibe.

I'll ride Heavenly (I, too have an Epic Pass), though the way things are now you're prolly best off sticking to Summit and Utah...get the goods whilst the getting is good!

Hey Frush, I might have to guest you up since youv'e got passes all around T'Hoe!

"Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    Hey Frush, I might have to guest you up since youv'e got passes all around T'Hoe!

You provide the drive, I'll provide the guest discounts.

My 2WD Tacoma is currently no match for powder day drives.

But yeah, I scored awesome deals on passes this year, got no problem hookin' mags up with guest discounts.
    ((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

PM me if you're heading to the Aspen area

Quote Originally Posted by snowsprite View Post
    What? No love for the EC? What are we...chopped liver?

(maybe just maybe I'll make it out west some time this season...)

Sprite
    Nothing is out of the question

Thanks for the offers guys! Maggots rock (just realized the "yourock" smilie is gone)

I'd be happy to ski some with a fellow southern fellow. (See what I did there?)

That said, I'll be home in said South from Dec. 22 to Jan 3, but it's "game on" after that. Definitely some WP days, probably a few days at Jackson, and some days around CO before Jan 12.
    "I said flotation is groovy"
    -Jimi Hendrix

"Just... ski down there and jump offa somethin' for cryin' out loud!!!"
    -The Coolest Guy to have Ever Lived

Quote Originally Posted by brice618 View Post
    Nothing is out of the question

Thanks for the offers guys! Maggots rock (just realized the "yourock" smilie is gone)
    [pssst, click 'more' at the bottom of the smilies]

Solid trip sure to produce some mighty entertaining TR's!
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

yo brice. i'll have some time on the 16th and 17th. no epic pass for me, though. loveland for me, or we can hike. If you want to borrow gear I don't really have a problem going with someone unexperienced, although I don't feel like I have the level of experience to take responsibility, ya know?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    ...I would have dove into that bush like Jon McMurray.

not. A mag but....

Hey. Looking to ski tommorow? I have epic but I'm in boulder. Still would love to ski with ya. A little late notice but worth th shout out
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

Sweet, bring beer!

Johnny's only sin was dispair

Alright, some shit came up and I won't be leaving till in the morning.

Squatch, I'd love to go hiking! My avi skills are equal to reading Staying Alive in Avalanche Terrain. I want to learn as much as I can, so I'm always up for that. That said, I'll be in no shape to hike the first few days. Once acclimated I'll be good to go hopefully. I'll be in decent shape, but remember I'm from Lubbock, the second flattest place on earth. I think I'll be ready by the 16 or 17th.

Thanks again for the offers, I'll probably be at Loveland wednesday since it looks to be the most promising for snow.

I'll bump this thread if I can find some internet, other wise I'll be the gaper with a green helly hansen jacket, brown sessions pants, a giro 10mx, and either a pair of Thugs or Public Enemy's depending on the snow.

Quote Originally Posted by brice618 View Post
    I'll be the gaper with a green helly hansen jacket, brown sessions pants, a giro 10mx, and either a pair of Thugs or Public Enemy's depending on the snow.
    I am looking forward to another Green Jacket, Black helmet w/visor dude cruising around Loveland or Summit County !! Green jackets are the new brown, which was the new black last year.

It should be good riding the next couple of weeks if the forecat holds up, I will take some laps with you for sure
    Last edited by PowTron; 12-08-2008 at 03:57 PM.

I'm probably up for some Loveland laps on Wed.

If anybody can get it to brice, I'd be happy to supply a Loveland $20 coupon. It's good until this weekend. Just would need someone to pick it up in Boulder.
    "I said flotation is groovy"
    -Jimi Hendrix

"Just... ski down there and jump offa somethin' for cryin' out loud!!!"
    -The Coolest Guy to have Ever Lived

Congratulations on your trip, sounds like a fun time. If you find yourself in the Ft. Collins area drop me a line and we can check out the Cameron Pass BC. I have extra gear, can show you around and help you get going in the BC a little more. Drop me a PM if that is of interest to you.

Oh, we have some pretty good breweries to check out too.
    I don't like being outdoors Smithers, for one thing, there's too many fat children.

- Mr. Burns