Length:186cm
    Dimensions: 140-115-120 w/ taper corresponding to the rocker
    Rocker:25cm x 2cm tip rocker
    15cm x 1.5cm tail rocker
    Mounting Point: -7 from center
    Stiffness: Comparable to ANT/LP
    Bindings: S914 Labs

First Impression:
    Construction: Seems great. Everything is really precise. Bases seem good. Hit a lot of rocks and everything seems well.
    Topsheet: Really a lot more impressing in person. Really poppy. Sliced the topsheet with a razor/knife and no topsheet chipping has occured.

Pow pow: Wow..So much fun. Super slashy. I wasnt expecting them to be super floaty, but get some speed up and the tips just rise to the top. The tails sink right in, but also release super easily when you want to toss the skis sideways. Only got about 3 runs in the pow, so theres not much more I can add just yet.

Wind Packed: Got up to Bad News on Saturday, where there was still some untouched wind packed pow to be had. The skis sliced right through. Super smooth. Hit a little 7ft drop-landing was super stable. Not much to say here as it was only for a few turns, then the snow started to get a bit more tracked out, but from what i could tell-$$$$

Chopped Pow: Nothing new. Super smooth. Cut right through anything chunky/ variable. Easy to link turns in tight areas. No problems, just fun, poppy, and feel light on your feet.

Groomers: Very surprising. No tip flap, no problems. Set an edge just fine. Skis as well as any other ski I've skied on groomers.

Ice: Sketchy. Still no tip flap, but not fun at all. Didnt have sharp edges, so that may be part of it, but as far as ice goes, the skis did not agree.

Summary: All in all I think Scott nailed the flex/dimensions/rocker on this ski. Exactly what I was looking for. This would be a great everyday Alta ski. Easy to turn, fast, stable, poppy, and just all around fun. The only places I would be careful is fast landings on hard snow and ice. I am very please with the skis. They will probably end up being my everyday ski at Alta. Definitely like any turn shape and soft snow the best.

UPDATE: Got out to alta today. Beginning of the day=dust on crust, end of the day=foot of pow.

They are by far the most versatile ski I have ever been on, hands down. From groomers to pow they perform outstandingly. Super pivoty when you want them to be and super stable at high speeds. Great platform for landing drops... Today was one of the best days Ive had on skis and it wasnt because of the conditions at all.

If anyone has any specific questions, ask, and I will add the answers to the review. I know there is some shit I didnt cover or forgot about.

Great Scott and Custom Shaped 179 Review to come as well.

Picture: Not mine, but same graphics/dimensions:
    Last edited by DePierre; 12-08-2008 at 06:28 PM.

Nice review. I've been intrigued since I saw Iggy's post about them. They look fresh.

Thanks for posting.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

SPACE RESERVED FOR GREAT SCOTT REVIEW
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

Ya I'll post a wrenegade review once theres some good snow and I get out on them.

Ya Brendan!! They sound wicked. First time with Rocker on ice though? It might be a common theme, but the dull edges definitely wouldn't have helped.

I will have Wrenegade and Great Scott reviews within a month. We need snow at Whis first.

Nice review.

As soon as the freezing level drops below 3800 and we get some precipitation Ill be on my Wrens in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by wren View Post
    Ya Brendan!! They sound wicked. First time with Rocker on ice though? It might be a common theme, but the dull edges definitely wouldn't have helped.

I will have Wrenegade and Great Scott reviews within a month. We need snow at Whis first.
    I am wondering if the lack of sharp edges has to do with the Sports den tech not knowing what the hell he was going. Also, the short running length and rocker as well as the 115 waist aren't designed to kill it on ice

I will post impressions of the 191cm Great Scott, Caylors, Wrenegades (both stiff and medium flex), 186cm JBS and Jeronimos (both stiff and medium flex), and 179cm Blue Steeles as soon as it finally snows.

Here is a better picture of the billy goat shape. it is a bit hard to see above.

Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

when the snow gets good in whis can i jack a pair of these from one of you guys? i'd love to do some, er, preliminary testing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Divebomber View Post
    OR sign it with a fake sig, then later they say "we have your sig!" NO you dont!

VC is offline Calmer then you are Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by flyby View Post
    when the snow gets good in whis can i jack a pair of these from one of you guys? i'd love to do some, er, preliminary testing.
    Any of these things gonna be around tahoe?

Quote Originally Posted by VC View Post
    Any of these things gonna be around tahoe?
    possibly will be in the bay area over thanksgiving.

preliminary jeronimo testing went down yesterday. Let me say this: I have tried alot of different skis from working in a shop, racing and other shit. Scott's skis were fucking unbelieveable given the conditions. They turned easily, carved tight arcs on hardpack without tip flop, didn't feel too far forward and handled a mixed bag of conditions well. In all, they slayed it the first time out farrr exceeding my expectations. Another experienced tester tried them and was pretty blown away as well. In regard to edge grip on ice, its hard to do a rockered ski on certain tuning machines. At the contact point, it doesn't want to go any further (up along the rocker) having dull contact points on such a short running length is going to fuck things up. Take the time to do them by hand, or find someone who knows the trick to rockered skis and try again. With nice edges, mine straight railed turns, which made me grin from ear to ear. I could grab these not knowing what the conditions would be for the day and still walk away happy. a real review to come soon.
    H.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3centshort View Post
    I figure when he realized he was still 10-15 feet off as he flew the K his asshole puckered so hard it ate his nuts
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    In the other scenario, you would be like "Peanut Butter, cool, fuck I'm stuck HELP ME HELP ME HELP ME HELP ME oh fuck I'm screwed, but at least I have time to think about how screwed I am. I guess that is a blessing. FUCK NO IT'S NOT A BLESSSING I'M STUCK AND I'M DYING.

Quote Originally Posted by marshalolson View Post
    SPACE RESERVED FOR GREAT SCOTT REVIEW
    Now you're just flaunting the fact that you have a pair and we don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by TWINS View Post
    I love it when shitweasels get there panties all in a bunch.

got to ski mine today, they did not disappoint. If I was to use one word it would be stable.

real review coming soon.

got out on the great scotts today...only thing I can say until I write up a review is they are my favorite ski...ever.

Quote Originally Posted by DePierre View Post
    got out on the great scotts today...only thing I can say until I write up a review is they are my favorite ski...ever.

That's what I like to hear. Now if I could just get on my pairs one of these days....

now that you make skis you'll never have time to ski again. that's like, a rule or something. i'll be in suco this weekend and if my back holds up I'll come back with lots of pics and info on the product.
    Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by 3centshort View Post
    I figure when he realized he was still 10-15 feet off as he flew the K his asshole puckered so hard it ate his nuts
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    In the other scenario, you would be like "Peanut Butter, cool, fuck I'm stuck HELP ME HELP ME HELP ME HELP ME oh fuck I'm screwed, but at least I have time to think about how screwed I am. I guess that is a blessing. FUCK NO IT'S NOT A BLESSSING I'M STUCK AND I'M DYING.

Quote Originally Posted by 300hp View Post
    now that you make skis you'll never have time to ski again. that's like, a rule or something. i'll be in suco this weekend and if my back holds up I'll come back with lots of pics and info on the product.
    Hunter
    haha yeah there must be a rule like that.

Glad it finally snowed in CO. Good time to show up. Hope you back holds up. I am dealing with a tweaked back right now too. sucks.

bump for update and my outrageous amount of stoke.

fkna Scott! Skis sounds awesome! Didn't realize you were so far along in your production. Do you have a demo pair to bring up to xtal sometime this winter (if it ever fucking snows)?

What part of portland did you move to?

Quote Originally Posted by nutcase View Post
    fkna Scott! Skis sounds awesome! Didn't realize you were so far along in your production. Do you have a demo pair to bring up to xtal sometime this winter (if it ever fucking snows)?

What part of portland did you move to?
    Hey man. We did ok this summer and got about 50 prototypes out, but still tons of work to go.

I have 3 demos (jeronimos, wrenegades, and JBS) and then 5 personal pairs (great scotts, wrenegades, caylors, blue steeles, and jeronimos) so you are welcome to try any of them. Not sure what your bootsole is but if you are in the 300-317 or so I can get you on my personal pairs. There is a number of other skis floating around the Seattle area and I am sure someone who has one would let you try their pair out.

I will definitely be up to crystal on good days though so I will bring a couple pairs up with me.

I am living in NW around 21st/23rd. If you make it down to Portland or Hood anytime soon let me know. God do we need snow....
    Last edited by iggyskier; 12-08-2008 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DePierre View Post
    bump for update and my outrageous amount of stoke.
    i think i was on the lift with you today talking about the skis.
    @EdgeLinkJohn

If any of these make it to Powder Mountain in UT hit me up in the ski shop, I'll have to leave work early and check these monsters out.

Quote Originally Posted by bostonjohn View Post
    i think i was on the lift with you today talking about the skis.
    I dont know. I talked to so many people today about them. Early in the day? Tele setup?

so how the fuck do i say on3p?
    onEp?
    ohhh-n-3-p?
    on-3p?
    on-3-p?

argggghhhh!
    Last edited by rob stokes; 12-08-2008 at 11:10 PM.