Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Moment 08/09

Momentskis.com now shipping in Stock skis and accepting pre-orders. Webstore is up, this means you the_teo!

In stock skis include:
    - Tahoe 180
    - Tahoe 188
    - M1 182
    - M1 192
    - Garbones 192 (aka M1 Rocker 192)
    - Ruby 180
    - Ruby 188
    - Ruby 190
    - Comi 186
    - Comi-kazi 192

marshal got me on some m1 rockers last year and it's probably the best every day ski I've ever been on. Glad to see them re-badged as the Garbones. Garbiel is such a badass skier and nice guy. Deserves a pro model more than just about anyone out there.
    Chocolate? This is doodoo, BABY!

Is anybody having trouble trying to get the Moment page to load up??? I get 'problem loading page' notice, everything else loads up fine,....
    Always charging it in honor of Flyin' Ryan Hawks.

Soo Stoked. Bout ready to order my Bibby Pros....although "Melee" - when you click buy now on the bibby pros, the description attached to it is for a different ski.....not a huge deal, but something you'll want to fix im sure...

anyway, Is there any chance you'll entertain a group buy potentially....I realize this is tough, but being a broke college kid, a "penny saved is a penny earned".....if you would consider it, and give me a number for a price break, I would be more than happy to organize it (or try to)....PM me if something is a possibility....

either way, I'll be picking up some Bibby pros, shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by volklpowdermaniac View Post
    anyway, Is there any chance you'll entertain a group buy potentially....I realize this is tough, but being a broke college kid, a "penny saved is a penny earned".....if you would consider it, and give me a number for a price break, I would be more than happy to organize it (or try to)....PM me if something is a possibility....
    The prices Moment are charging are more than fair, especially for a company that is making their skis by hand in the USA. Hell, their prices are competitive with companies that mass produce their skis in China. I sincerely doubt they are getting rich doing this. They're doing it because they love to.

You're in college. Big fucking deal. I was in college too, not very long ago. I know what it's like. I also know that most college students aren't nearly as broke as they think. The ones that truly are, generally don't beg for handouts. I also know that once you graduate, and have a job, you don't have unlimited resources. You still have to budget. Just like in college. Being in college does not make you special. Sorry.

Don't pull the broke college student card. It's weak. Sack up and support a bunch of guys that are trying to make a living doing what they love.

Just my opinion.

Soo Stoked. Bout ready to order my Bibby Pros....although "Melee" - when you click buy now on the bibby pros, the description attached to it is for a different ski.....not a huge deal, but something you'll want to fix im sure...

either way, I'll be picking up some Bibby pros, shortly.
    Thanks for the heads up on the descriptions. Cant really give price breaks on the Bibby's since its projected to sell out. Tshirts and stickers included with ski purchase.

I'm just glad to be here.

All my summer job money = moment bibby's. yeeeeha!

Quote Originally Posted by Melee View Post
    Momentskis.com now shipping in Stock skis and accepting pre-orders. Webstore is up, this means you the_teo!

In stock skis include:
    - Tahoe 180
    - Tahoe 188
    - M1 182
    - M1 192
    - Garbones 192 (aka M1 Rocker 192)
    - Ruby 180
    - Ruby 188
    - Ruby 190
    - Comi 186
    - Comi-kazi 192
    I just felt a happy tingle in my ballsack.

you guys will be seeing some business from me this year, just have to decide between the half rocker of the comikazi or the full on donner party

Damn all of these boards are looking SICK.
    Just wanted to ask; why are the Donner Parties listed as a jib ski? Seem like a better fit to be in the "freeride" category. I only mention this cause I'm sure a lot of people lookin at your website will be searchin out the big mtn and pow skis. I for one, looked at the jib category simply out of boredom rather than interest. Even though I wouldn't typically be interested in any ski in "jib" lineup, I sure as hell would love a pair of Donners.... Just a heads up.
    "Some go to church and think about fishing, others go fishing and think about God."

My Flickr Photostream

not beggin for handouts, just looking to save whatever money is possible, and the colllege kid thing isnt a card. I'm in college I have limited money, I'm buying a pair of these skis regardless, but itd be foolish not to AT LEAST ASK and at least see if there can be a deal made.

anyway, moving on.

what is the standard mount position, presuming its not at dead center, how far back from dead center

not beggin for handouts, just looking to save whatever money is possible, and the colllege kid thing isnt a card. I'm in college I have limited money, I'm buying a pair of these skis regardless, but itd be foolish not to AT LEAST ASK and at least see if there can be a deal made.

anyway, moving on.

what is the standard mount position, presuming its not at dead center, how far back from dead center
    When I was in college, most of the people that I knew who were always "broke" spent lots of money on some combination of beer, pot, cigs, and eating out a few times a week. Cut those out, and you'll have your money for a couple pairs of moments right there.

Oh, and I'm still not too clear on what the difference between the 188 and 190 rubies is.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    When I was in college, most of the people that I knew who were always "broke" spent lots of money on some combination of beer, pot, cigs, and eating out a few times a week. Cut those out, and you'll have your money for a couple pairs of moments right there.

Oh, and I'm still not too clear on what the difference between the 188 and 190 rubies is.

I think the 190 has less of a tail rise, and is stiffer then the 188...correct?

rubys look dope as fuck

Quote Originally Posted by GoEhuge View Post
    why are the Donner Parties listed as a jib ski?
    Because the "freeride" line is too huge. Consider it backcountry jib, ski it how you wish!

The bibby is about 3cm back from true center.

The 190 has a longer running length for added stability, different flex pattern (stiffer), and a smaller tail that barely curls up.

rubys look dope as fuck
    Thanks!

What's the rocker profile like on the Garbones?

The bibby is about 3cm back from true center.

Thanks!
    the skis truly look awesome and I'm so excited. along the course of your testing has anyone mounted them further back than standard. Any reports things like overthe handle bars feelings....i know thats broad, but any responses will do

Quote Originally Posted by toiletduck View Post
    What's the rocker profile like on the Garbones?
    Will post pictures soon (hopefully tonight)

the skis truly look awesome and I'm so excited. along the course of your testing has anyone mounted them further back than standard. Any reports things like overthe handle bars feelings....i know thats broad, but any responses will do
    Originally yes, but that was in prototype stages. The rocker and stiffer flex are an awesome combo now and that "over the handle bars" feeling isnt so extreme. People have mounted farther back, we play around with it on demo bindings....it just depends on how you want to ski. Josh Bibby lands switch a lot in powder so being mounted close to center really helps.

I will also try post pictures of the rocker profile sooon.

Will post pictures soon (hopefully tonight)

Originally yes, but that was in prototype stages. The rocker and stiffer flex are an awesome combo now and that "over the handle bars" feeling isnt so extreme. People have mounted farther back, we play around with it on demo bindings....it just depends on how you want to ski. Josh Bibby lands switch a lot in powder so being mounted close to center really helps.

I will also try post pictures of the rocker profile sooon.
    Thanks man, yeah if you should recall what are some of the positions back from center or standard that people maybe liked but got voted out, that'd be great to know

also with a 22m radius, did you guys notice any catch/hook in the tails in deeper stuff?

thanks for answering all these questions, you guys have a great product and represent it real well. rock on
    Last edited by volklpowdermaniac; 07-27-2008 at 04:14 PM.

The 190 has a longer running length for added stability, different flex pattern (stiffer), and a smaller tail that barely curls up.

Was the flatter tail to increase running length (or effective edge) without going too long? Will I miss the true twin from last years model, which I love but wish it had a higher top speed and bit more muscle on firm snow? Sure makes life easy when sliding in and out of tight places (insert one line zinger here).

Quote Originally Posted by truth View Post
    Was the flatter tail to increase running length (or effective edge) without going too long? Will I miss the true twin from last years model, which I love but wish it had a higher top speed and bit more muscle on firm snow? Sure makes life easy when sliding in and out of tight places (insert one line zinger here).
    If you saw the Ruby 190 last year it has the exact same tail. That tail is reduced from the size of the tail of the 180 or 188 Ruby.

also with a 22m radius, did you guys notice any catch/hook in the tails in deeper stuff?
    Nope

Garbones Topsheet:

Garbones base:

Garbones underfoot camber:

Garbones tip rocker:

Bibby tip rocker:

Bibby tail rocker:

Ruby 190 TAIL

Perfect rocker, the rockered Comi must be ill.

Quote Originally Posted by bennettc14 View Post
    Perfect rocker, the rockered Comi must be ill.
    It actually hasnt been created yet but the rocker on it will be almost exactly like the Garbones.