What do you know about VIST bindings???

VIST

They are suppossed to be sold in the US next season. The 816 model looks like it could be nice. Any thoughts or heard anything about them?
    ROBOTS ARE EATING MY FACE.

they bought the nordica binding when they decided not to pursue it any futher, so it's similar to the syntex binding of a few years back. i think it's wings, but has rollers like a tyrolia?

Yes, I knew it was the nordica binding. Did they decide not to pursue it because it sucked or because they (nordica) suck? I'm guessing the latter.
    ROBOTS ARE EATING MY FACE.

dunno, nordica did put a lot of money into that binding project, to abandon it seemed odd.

NORDICA = WORST BINDINGS EVER!!!

Made me wish I was ridin' some Marker 9.1s.

Ive only gotten to play with them a few times, and never on snow, but yeah, they looked like pieces of crap, a bad comobo of marker / tryolia technology. So i wouldnt exactly volunteer to mount htem on my skis, but who knows myabe they do work well.
    The Ski Journal theskijournal.com
    frequency TSJ frqncy.com

Thumbs down

The Nordica bindings were a frankenstein of expired patents, some salomon holes, some marker heels, etc, etc. Basically a bad idea, the fuckers came out with the binding and shipped them to NA, with not a single, I repeat a single jig in the Northern hemisphere. That lasted well into the season of their release. We used a combo of like two or three jigs to mount the bastards for a couple of guys. Looks like they have cleaned that up and are more up to date than Nordica.
    Bit curious as to this,
    The adjustments exceeding the DIN 10 do not comply with the standards of the ISO 11088 Regulations. Therefore, their use will be at the user’s own risk.
    Never heard of that one before, and if true negates about half of the bindings on the market.

The little flower-like pin for the heel hosing disentagrates with normal wear, the on-mountwain rep for Nordie last year was skiing on Markers by the end due to blowing up three pairs in one season.

Vist makes great risers, but I wouldn't go down the bunny slope with these monstrosities on my feet.
    Skiing, where my mind is even if my body isn't.

Talking

So, apart from that, they're pretty bomber bindings?

Was talking to a guy who runs a boot fitting shop that carried the plates and bindings. He said that Nordica was sold to Marker by Beneton, but Marker didn't want the binding business so it was sold to Vist. Can't remember if they have it now or want to have it , but will/have come out with a Line type thing so one pair of bindings that can easly snap on to many pairs of skis that have Vist plates mounted to them. Would appeal to racers with 3-4 pairs of skiis on the go.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

They have the speedlock system, which sounds a bit like that, also a race one. Kind of like old Sallie plates where you could move the toe and heel forward or back to change the feel of the ski.

As I said realy like their plates, just don't believe in using a product that bases it's technology off of expired patents. Theirs a reason the companies didn't renew them. What's good ten years ago isn't always good now.
    Skiing, where my mind is even if my body isn't.

check out the guy doing the huge daffy at the top of the page, it's sick...

http://www.vist.it/html/en/products_bindings.php

edit - duh, may have to refresh a couple times.

Originally posted by CaddyDaddy77
    As I said realy like their plates, just don't believe in using a product that bases it's technology off of expired patents. Theirs a reason the companies didn't renew them. What's good ten years ago isn't always good now.
    Patents cannot be renewed. I think you're confusing them with copyrights.

they're italians on the dolomiti side. They were plate makers, prolly just bought the nordica binding project.....have they enough strenght to make major investments? but let me know if you want me to make a phone call to them with more specific questions

according to their website they are the most "fashionable" binding!

you know sergio?

JOIN US!!!

Vist=Atomic Neox

Guess what, the VIST binding IS the new Atomic Neox binding

Re: Vist=Atomic Neox

Originally posted by wizard604
    Guess what, the VIST binding IS the new Atomic Neox binding
    Are you sure? It's been a few months since I've seen the neox, but I don't remember it looking like anything on the site. If it's true, and based on what people have said here it will just confirm my suspicions about the new neox.

They sure don't look a whole lot alike, other than being a ski binding. Good work on your first post wizard...

OOOOOOOHHHH, I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!

The company Vist has been around for a while. In the Past they made Bindings and components for many companies like Atomic and Marker. Compare a vist heel with a marker heel and a new Atomic toe and a Vist toe.
    Vist goes back to the ess-var times