Praxis Tele People - Where to mount?

Need to throw some R8's on 185cm Praxis's. Don't know where... tried searching and what-not. Anyone have some numbers for me?

Search over on ttips for nils's recommendations... I think it was boot center 1-2cm behind alpine bc.

how are the R8's? I'm looking to mount up my praxis 186's tele, but i'm reluctant to buy a binding that i don't think is "burly" enough for this big of a ski. The only bindings i'm considering are either hammerheads or bishops? Do you think think the R8's can hold together well when put to the test?
    Last edited by StormTrooper; 01-10-2008 at 11:39 PM.

I'll measure my pin line up tonight if thats not too late. I'm pretty sure I went 2 cm back of alpine center though...

Quote Originally Posted by StormTrooper View Post
    how are the R8's? I'm looking to mount up my praxis 186's tele, but i'm reluctant to buy a binding that i don't think is "burly" enough for this big of a ski. The only bindings i'm considering are either hammerheads or bishops? Do you think think the R8's can hold together well when put to the test?
    R8s are mo durable than HHs.
    R8s are plenty for that ski.
    "It is not the result that counts! It is not the result but the spirit! Not what - but how. Not what has been attained - but at what price.
    - A. Solzhenitsyn

Any hardwire or plate binding (lateral stability) will work with these wide boards.

I have no comment about whether or not any hardwire binding will work, just that the R8s will for sure be enough.

Any plate? I think a 7tm might be underpowered but bombers/linkens/NTN should be fine.

Also, pretty well any of the new underfoot type cable bindings should be powerful enough.
    "It is not the result that counts! It is not the result but the spirit! Not what - but how. Not what has been attained - but at what price.
    - A. Solzhenitsyn

Yeah, I wasn't thinking about the 7 tm. Isn't that just some rubber strap hooked to the heel?

3-pin HW is good.

I have 7tm powers on mine. Works fine. IMHO b/c these skis are so easy to turn you don't need that beefy of a setup compared to, say a Head M103 or something.

Even T-Tips was pretty unhelpful as it seems the good information was lost in the last crash or something. If anyone else has some insight that would be great, otherwise I am just going to start doing what looks resonable to me.

At this point I am thinking of putting the pin line back at 83cm straight tape from the tip for a size 28 Scarpa.
    Last edited by FigureEleven; 01-12-2008 at 09:26 PM.

http://telemarktalk.com/phpBB/viewto...ghlight=praxis

Search worked pretty good for me.

My brother ended up mounting his tele boot center 2.5 cm back from the 103cm alpine boot center recomendation (he's on 195s). After skiing them two days (first time on reverse/reverse for him) he thinks he wants to remount them 1-1.5cm forward to gain more schmeribility. He said he loves them in wide open bowls and when hauling ass, but for trees or tighter spots he'd rather be a cm forward or so.

edit: So looking back over those threads, 'nils' says his 185s are mounted at 82cm and 83cm for the pin lines, so I'm not sure which is correct.
    Last edited by SafteySquad; 01-12-2008 at 09:57 PM.

I finally got off my pneumonia riddled ass and went into the cold ass garage to measure my skis for F11. Hope you're fucking happy

Anyways, the pin line is around 83~84 (hard to tell where the pin line is on 7tm's) tape pulled straight. This puts my 27 Scarpa boot center around -2~3 cm behind the alpine center.. I haven't been able to sink the tips, so you could probably go forward if you want, but mine turn on a dime at the same time, so all in all I'm pretty happy with my mount.
    Last edited by sfotex; 01-12-2008 at 09:56 PM.

Thanks Sfotex... I went for pin line at 83cm straight tape from tip for a size 28 Scarpa.

Got two deep days in the slack-country on these and they absolutely rock. Total powder and variable snow domination. At the moment I am more stoked on these than my 195cm Praxis mounted alpine.

I've got the 185cm size, followed Keith's Praxis numbers (97-99) choosed 98cm as alpine midsole line...and finally ended up mounting my 26.5 scarpa midsole at 2 cm behind this line.

So far I'm happy with the result on soft and piste.