6'2", 185lb, EC ice-rider now in CH
    Current Quiver:
    Mantra 184, ZRs
    Down 186, ZRs
    Atomic Thug 193, FFG14
    4FRNT MSP 180, ZRs
    Axunns SUS 185, ZRs
    First Impressions:
    Skis arrived special delivery to CH. Everything looked tight. Solid construction, nice finish (top and bottom), and measuring true to dimensions. Thick overall construction with a nice camber, but not to much. Go with the Melee if you are looking for reverse.
    Mounting:
    Bent the P18s to fit and mounted at the line
    First Day Out:
    Courmayeur (TR )..
    Even with the P18s on them they are nice an light. Overall skis a little small to size. A little like my Thugs, but less twin. Skied pow, trees, chop, pretty much everything and I was stoked on the ride. I nice combo of stable and lively. Through the chop they were unstoppable...just killed it. Tree pow, unstoppable. They are like nothing else in the quiver. More float and still killer on the piste. Overall a great one-quiver. I can't wait to rock them this week. Thanks Melee for making a great ski.

More report the come as I ski them more days.
    #1 goal this year......stay alive +
    DOWN SKIS

1. Nice review.
    2. Those are really cool-looking. I would totally steal them if you left them outside when going in for hot cocoa.
    3. Re: the ill na-na, I think it's about time Lil' Kim got a pro model.

too bad they look so lame tho...

Glad to hear that....I would have felt bad if you hated them considering I told you to buy them.

They mach through the chop for sure, stable and unforgiving too.

How's the mounting point feel?
    Would you move it back something like 2cm?

Just got mine today.

Camber seems to be pretty significant as well as a rockered tip which wasn't expected. According to my measurements, the effective edge is 150cm (from tape to tape in the picture below when skis pressed together) and the overall running length on the underside at 194cm.

These boards are STIFF ... more so than my 194 LPs in all aspects with the M1's tip being way stiffer.

Last edited by Nick Pappagiorgio; 12-27-2007 at 11:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Pappagiorgio View Post
    That's some camber.

Should have gone with the rocker version.....

Anyone know the suggested mounting point/where is everyone mounting?

Quote Originally Posted by Sphinx15 View Post
    Anyone know the suggested mounting point/where is everyone mounting?
    Im mounting at 83cm from the tail. First day on snow will be tomorrow. Will post feedback after enough runs.

I mounted right at the suggested line, even though the mount looks pretty far forward. Only been on them 2 days, but I've been completely happy with them mounted there- these skis are a blast. Slayers of the crud and chop.

Additional Info: "The Foxy Pro" M1s have about 8 days on them now. The snow pack has changed in Euroland so mostly have been skiing hard piste and scraped swag. To some of the comments below here are my 2 cents.
    1) Mounting. I mounted mine at the line and love them. I have skied pow, swag, ice, etc and have found the mounting a nice mix. If I were going for a real pow ski and not my everyday I would mount about -2 to -5 depending on what type of skier you are. I think that the beefy, stiff tip and mid make the line mount an option for a stong skier.
    2) Camber. No worries here. I have had no issues in the pow with tip dive, etc. Float is more than ample and the dimensions kill in all terrain. I have been skiing hard ass piste this week and have loved them.
    So to sum it up... a great one-quiver ski for all conditions. I would reccomend a Moment ski to anyone I know.
    DOWN SKIS

Talked to the guys at Moment and on the line or -1 is suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by 3names View Post
    The il na-na would be Foxy Brown's pro model.

Lil Kim's pro model would be the Queen B.
    Ugh, you're right. I'm embarrassed (and hoping for a Remy Ma edition for 2008!).

Just got 4 runs on the M1's tonight at Keystone.
    Holy fuck are they STIFF!

Flexwise, if the LP = 8, then the M1 = 9.
    They made my LP's feel like some Pocket Rockets.

Got a bit too much speed on my last run and actually lost a contact lens.

Will post a full review once I get more days on them, but I'm a little too stoked right now to not give some info out.
    Last edited by Nick Pappagiorgio; 01-11-2008 at 10:50 AM.

i have several days of use on the m1's in the demo fleet at green mountain.

they are without question the easiest turning burly super stiff skis i have ever been on. they jsut do whatever you want.

snap quick turns through the bumps? check.
    straightline out of a drop? check.
    mach looney? check.

the secrect is good form and angulation. if you are not a strong, technical skier, i can see them being a handful and a half, but so much more life in them and qucikness than most other skis in their class.

i'll be posting a complete moment ski line review here eventually, so look for that someday.

Ditto that. They are my everyday ski of choice. Rocked them today in 30cm over at Grand Massif in a blizzard and continue to love them.

Chopped pow: Check
    Pow with mank: Check
    Icey : Check
    Full on fresshies: Check

.......Marsh I look forward to the full Moment reviews. I think I need to import a Melee and a Comi over here
    Quote Originally Posted by marshalolson View Post
    i have several days of use on the m1's in the demo fleet at green mountain.

they are without question the easiest turning burly super stiff skis i have ever been on. they jsut do whatever you want.

snap quick turns through the bumps? check.
    straightline out of a drop? check.
    mach looney? check.

the secrect is good form and angulation. if you are not a strong, technical skier, i can see them being a handful and a half, but so much more life in them and qucikness than most other skis in their class.

i'll be posting a complete moment ski line review here eventually, so look for that someday.
    DOWN SKIS

20+ Day update:
    I continue to feel the M1 is a great everyday ski. This past weekend I have the chance to ski steep faces with a variety of conditions from 40+cm blower to windblown mank. Unlike another M1 review thread I find the float more than ample especially at speed. Point and go with these. Since this was the first time with the M1s in windripped garbage I was very surprised on how they stayed above the surface and never dove on me. As for the camber with 20 days on them they have flattened out a only little. Thanks again Melee for a great ski!
    DOWN SKIS

We are glad you guys are stoked, it makes our job a lot easier.

We love the pics as well.

Sorry to bump this thread, but Ive always wanted some Moments and Im seriously wanting a pair that Melee's dishing out at $300.

It seems, from what Ive read, that these are as stiff, if not stiffer, than 194 LPs. Rail as well. Charge as well. Get through anything as well. AND are more playful, maneuverable and fun than 194s?.
    Im only comparing with LPs as thats what they keep being compared with and I skied 194s for a while as my only ski so its easier for me to imagine, sorta..

Melee, the reviews seem to be of 196 M1s. What changes were made with the 192s? Less camber? No tip rocker (as that is now the Garbones). Any difference/change in flex?

^ I jumped on that deal as well. I talked to Melee about them, basically looking for something to replace my 189 Squads. They are stiffer but more maneuverable and have a twin, they designed the ski to have more of a forward mount. I hope to try them in SA this summer so I can't give any personal reviews just yet. I'm looking to use these on days when it snow is either too firm or crummy for my Bro Lhasas. I always thought the old 186 LPs were enough for me, never tried the 194s. But I figured if I could handle the squads reasonably well I could rock the 192 M1s, a 182 twin would just be way too short.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Melee, the reviews seem to be of 196 M1s. What changes were made with the 192s? Less camber? No tip rocker (as that is now the Garbones). Any difference/change in flex?
    196 was the material length designation and 192 is the actual length of the ski. AFAIK, nothing has been changed regarding flex and camber over the years. And yes, the M1 is stiffer than a vintage 194 LP (think back to 06/07)... not sure about being more playful, though they are significantly lighter.
    Last edited by NPG; 05-13-2009 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NPG View Post
    196 was the material length designation and 192 is the actual length of the ski. AFAIK, nothing has been changed regarding flex and camber over the years.
    I did more searching and reading and figured that the mentioned 196 is actually the 192, just being referenced to by material length.
    Good to know its remained stable design-wise over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by NPG View Post
    ... not sure about being more playful though.
    Quote Originally Posted by marshalolson View Post
    ..so much more life in them and qucikness than most other skis in their class.
    My comment was based on this one and a couple others I found in random threads.

The material length on the M1 has always been 192cm. Since most of our skis are pressed in a true tip and tail sort of press things changed with the M1 (since it has a smaller tail rise). From the manufacturing end of things we put it in our 196 press but only had the material length be at 192. This allowed for an extended running length and a smaller tail.

From the start we called it a 196 because of its running length out of the press. Punks on TGR started measuring the skis and calling us out. We changed the name of the ski to the M1 192, absolutely nothing changed.

I hope that makes sense.

Get the ski! Its the best ski i have ever skied on.
    5'10" 140lbs

next years 182 Garbones are going to be wicked fun!