Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Talking I got KICKED OUT of the 36 hours of Keystone!

What an interesting night it has been so far! Searches, nazis, having my pass pulled, skiing, crashes with injuries!

After some crappy work, it was time to get some night turns in. After having Peru lift closed right in front of us, my buddy and I bussed over to River Run. After that long walk through the village, we encountered a line and sign. The sign simply said "<-Men Women->" Could the rumors of pat downs be true?

THE CHECKPOINT

I reached the front of the line and before I could even open my mouth, the man in the yellow jacket began touching me. There was no warning or words, he just starting feeling me. I said "HEY!" and pushed him away once. He continued to pat me down and I said "It is NOT OK to touch me!" as I pushed him away with more force.

Me: "What the hell? I did not consent to a search!"
    Yellow Event Douche: "If you want to ski, you have to be searched."
    Me: "I don't recall that being in the small print on my season pass."
    Yellow Event Douche: "It was on the 36 hours website. You don't have to ski here tonight. This is a special event."
    Me: "YOU are not touching me again."
    Yellow Event Douche: "You can talk to her then..." *points to Eva Braun

I tried to walk over to the person he was pointing at when another Yellow Event Douche grabbed me from behind and told me I couldn't go anywhere until he searched me. Yellow Event Douche #1 had to tell the guy to back off. So I walk over to Eva Braun, who is actually Pat Cambell, the Keystone Chief of Operations.

EVA BRAUN

Me: "Your guy grabbed me."
    Eva Braun: "We are searching everyone for alcohol and other contraband."
    Me: "This is public land."
    Eva Braun: "We can't let people drink on the lift."
    Me: "But you can let them drink the Greenlight" *I gesture to the club/bar that is 15ft away "I'm not drinking. I do not intend to drink. You can smell my breath if you want, but you may not have you people simply grab me and start searching my physical person."
    Eva Braun: "This is no different than any other big event. You have to get patted down."
    Me: "Your guy just grabbed me and didn't ask permission or say what he was doing. He didn't stop when I told him to."
    Eva Braun: "Well, I'm sorry."
    Me: "I want him to appologize."
    Eva Braun: "Well I"m sorry."
    Me: "You didn't touch me. He did. I want him to apologize for assaulting me."
    Eva Braun yells to Yellow Event Douche #1. He comes over and apologizes for not explaining and asking before touching me.
    Eva Braun: "You should appreciate us looking out for safety."
    Me: "If you were looking out for safety, you would be stopping people who look or smell drunk instead of searching every one of your customers."
    Eva Braun: "You still aren't getting up the mountain without being searched."

NO SKIING FOR YOU!

I can see my friend is getting impatient.

Me: "This is a load of bull. Fine. Pick someone to finish searching me."
    Eva Braun calls over Yellow Event Douche #3 who searches me.
    Me: "Find anything?"
    Yellow Event Douche #3: "No. You can go."
    I turn to Eva Braun and say "Javol mein fuhrer!" and walk towards the Gondola.

I make it about 20ft and I hear someone yelling "HEY! YOU STOP!"

Yellow Event Douche #3 comes running up to me: "We don't need attitude on this mountain."
    Me: "I'm sorry, you searched me and found nothing. You followed your orders. I complied and now I am going skiing."
    Eva Braun and Yellow Event Douche #4 run up as well. Yellow Event Douche #4 grabs my pass and scans it.
    Eva Braun: "Hot list his pass for the night. You are done for the night."
    Me: "Fuck you very much!"

SO THEN I WENT SKIING ANYWAYS

My buddy is blown away by this. I tell him to go ski and I'll meet him. He looks puzzled. I then take the bus home. I told the bus driver what had happened. She told me the pat downs were to protect the Keystone Resort liquor license from getting pulled for outside alcohol being at an event. Wow... great reason to search *everyone*. Let's protect the liquor license but not stop the drunks.

So I went home, got another ski pass, and proceeded to enter the Gondola area from a direction where there were no Yellow Event Douche's groping people, got on the lift, and skied for the next 4 hours.

THE WRECK

It was pretty good at first. The snow was alright and the crowds weren't bad. I rode lifts with people bragging about how drunk they were, how they had stashed their liquor in the woods earlier in the day, and how they almost hit that skier/boarder last run. Eventually it got pretty crowded and icy. I decided that it was prolly time to call it because I couldn't go fast and people were skiing pretty wild.

I skied down my final run and came upon a figure lying face down in the snow with 4 people pointing at her. Snowboarder/Skier collision. She was unresponsive. I told a bystander to call patrol. I got to play EMT for a while until patrol showed, then I helped them. KSP was, as usual, very professional and very good. If you are going to get hurt skiing, I recommend doing it at Keystone. Patrol thanked me for my help. I went off to fill out their witness statement.

Thoughts

Now I'm finally having some beer and pizza. It's time to chill until things clear out until 3AM and ski till sunrise.

I do find it very ironic that Eva Braun/Pat Cambell reacted to my free speech accusation of authoritarianism by exercising more athouritah and kicking me out. Luckily for me, Yellow Event Douche's aren't nearly as efficient in enforcing authoritah as real nazis are.

It's too bad to see people getting hurt by drunks while Keystone reacts by violating all of their customers instead of actually trying to stop the ones who are really drunk.
    Last edited by Summit; 11-30-2007 at 11:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

ugh. i wouldn't have kept my cool as long as you did, good job on that. too bad they won't realize the irony in their ways.

or maybe they will? this board has been known to do that to resort management in the past

as said in another thread.....

That was a complete shit show. What a disaster, the whole search thing was fucking gay. Bunch-o-dopes
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Heh--so you're not going back out until 3? I was thinking of maybe 2am, to get an hour or so before heading to work..gimme a call dude.

call me when you go, i'll prolly be in... i'm kind of doubting we'll get a good sunrise since hopefully it will be overcast and snowing

haha, nice job bro. Fuck them... I cant believe they just search people like that

You should have just stood around and watch the injured person die, and say, "Sorry I can't help, but you see, I've been kicked off the mountain by the fascist regime."

I hate people on power trips. You might want to point out to Eva Bruan, that while she was giving you shit, some drunk got on the mountain and cause the accident.

Her time might be better spent then hassling people.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

there will be some nice letter written I imagine..

You should probably read up on implied consent for all the private events you sign up for...

edit: On second thought, since you had clearly already committed to douchbaggery, it would have been funny and timely to yell out "DON'T TASE ME BRO!!!" when the Yellow Nazi's were in the middle of hassling you...
    Last edited by jfost; 12-01-2007 at 12:01 AM.

Excellent work, A. Get kicked out again this morning and I'll take care of all your food and beer expenses when you come ski

Quote Originally Posted by jfost View Post
    You should probably read up on implied consent for all the private events you sign up for...
    Just to be clear, I did NOT sign up and pay to enter the 36 Hours of Keystone competition event. I was just there to ski some laps like any other ski day, like most of the people skiing at Keystone while the event goes on.

I do like the "DON'T TAZE ME BRO" idea. Maybe I'll try that in the morning
    Last edited by Summit; 12-01-2007 at 12:19 AM.

Yea pretty sure I never signed an implied consent agreement with Vail Resorts either.

Rooster Guest
    We may not agree on much but I think we're on the same team guy. Soldier On.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Just to be clear, I did NOT sign up and pay to enter the 36 Hours of Keystone competition event. I was just there to ski some laps like any other ski day, like most of the people skiing at Keystone while the event goes on.
    oops. I did not know that!!!

Overzealous "guards" for that event I guess!?! Ironic that as you pointed out, the resort bar was right next door, yet they were searching people for booze!

If you wanna go ride the Key', get drunk in the bar and then go ski...

Heeeeey, must be the $$$...

bklyn is offline who guards the guardians?
    The problem with the ham fisted "no outside alcohol" policy is that some people are getting more drunk than they would have otherwise gotten with a little clandestine flask or two.

I got some of this new regime treatment at Copper during one of the concert weeks. I passed a checkpoint on the way out with a large backpack with my boots and helmet inside. Immediately turn around to get something I'd forgotten and get pounced on and lectured on the "No Backpacks" policy. Well I gave them a piece of my mind when they became unreasonable and kept on about my business. Since when are damp boots, sweaty baselayers and a helmet contraband at a ski resort?
    I'm just a simple girl trying to make my way in the universe...
    I come up hard, baby but now I'm cool I didn't make it, sugar playin' by the rules
    If you know your history, then you would know where you coming from, then you wouldn't have to ask me, who the heck do I think I am.

Fucked up - why dont I have a Vail Ass's ski pass again?

I'm suprised you DIDNT get tazed.

It was not the alcohol, it's the terrorists & bombs & bin Laden they were looking for....

It's like any large scale event now - a little frisk. Go on your way. No biggie. If they were not doing it, things could get really blatant. Yeah, proper explanation signage in explaining why?/what? would have been a good call.

Were the confiscating water/vodka bottles?

Why create such a fuss? There are other battles against 'The Man' to be fought.
    Are you just pissed it was a guy fondling you and not a girl? Is that the real issue?

Yawwwwwwwn
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

a) sounds like a boat load of fun.

b) also sounds like you gots some bad karma.

GoSummitGo
    Fight that good fight!!
    Don't let the man keep you down!

I can't believe you spent time writing that diatribe
    Or wasted your breath on those employees
    Ohwaitaminute--I can.

Chill out dood, you'll live longer and happier.

so im clear, your crying because you got patted down? what fucking part of planet earth you from. Ive been searched more times than i can remember. Fucking disneyland searches you. They dont need a fucking disclaimer, your coming on private property. Dont like the search, get the fuck out.

With that said, i would have put up the same fight had i actually had some buds or booze on me. Otherwise, whatever. I'll admit, never got searched on the ski sloaps though. But with a big shindig going on, doesnt suprise me. we always buried out booze at the bottom of the hill and smoked out bowls at the top. So it was never an issue for me.
    Last edited by cramer; 12-01-2007 at 02:59 AM.

Holleee shit Colorado is for you guys and what we have up here (freeedom) is for us crazy rednecks. I'll take the rain and low elevations.

Pat downs at a ski hill is reserved for Colorado.

Why were you skiing at Keystone?

I would've tazed you.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Why were you skiing at Keystone?
    Cause it was open???????????????????????
    Quote Originally Posted by uncle crud View Post
    Of course. Classic backpedal. Nice work, Neptune Whore.