Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Comi-Kazi

Comi-Kazi

Has anyone got their boards yet and care to comment or show pics of the tip rocker and their general impressions of the ski?

I should be getting them this week, I will post when i get them

Bizzzznump

OK, I have them at home unmounted....I'll take a few pics for you tonight.

I have mc_roon's unmounted full tails here, and they are SICK. I'll grab tip rocker pics this weekend
    Three fundamentals of every extreme skier, total disregard for personal saftey, amphetamines, and lots and lots of malt liquor......-jack handy

i'll be seeing my pair when i drive back up to tahoe on wednesday.

set stokemeter to 10. the snowpack is a bit thin right now however.

i have a hunch there will be quite a few CK's in the kirkwood chair 6 morning lineup this year. anyone else mounting them tele?
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post

i have a hunch there will be quite a few CK's in the kirkwood chair 6 morning lineup this year. anyone else mounting them tele?
    You're mounting them with your dog?

Its kind of hard to get a good shot with them in the apartment, but here's a shot just holding them....

And a shot holding them together in the middle....

Hope that helps

oh my sexy
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Trendy iphone photos?

Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    Its kind of hard to get a good shot with them in the apartment, but here's a shot just holding them....

And a shot holding them together in the middle....

Hope that helps

i'll upload pics later, but i just measured where the reverse camber in the tip starts, and it is 55cm from the tip, which is a lot on a 193ish ski. the first 20cm or so are really gradual, like you can just see a sliver of light coming through, but it is for sure there. Overall, it looks like a sick design, and I wish the pair in the garage was mine and not mc_roon's
    Three fundamentals of every extreme skier, total disregard for personal saftey, amphetamines, and lots and lots of malt liquor......-jack handy

flex?

Quote Originally Posted by addict View Post
    flex?

Flex is a touch softer than my brand new wood core AK rocket swallowtails, maybe stiffer underfoot and softer in the tips. Overall its fairly round and even, but the tips are definitely a bit softer.

Edited for excessive specificity, and to say that the camber is wierd on these things. It seems to extend really far rearwards, because of the rocker in front it seems to extend into the tail more than it should. I'm thinking maybe the swallowtail was meant to counteract this. Oh, anyone know where to mount these things? Anyone actually skied different mount points?
    Last edited by leroy jenkins; 11-20-2007 at 01:16 PM.

^^^^Are you talkin' swallow (#5 on Marsh's scale) or yellow (#3)?

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Oh, anyone know where to mount these things? Anyone actually skied different mount points?
    My guess is NO. Leeeeroy, did you end up gettin' the swallows or TGR specials?

If you can't tell, I am lusting after these things...

Quote Originally Posted by foreal View Post

As Am I. I just found out they existed and now I must own them, the quiver must go!

Quote Originally Posted by foreal View Post
    My guess is NO. Leeeeroy, did you end up gettin' the swallows or TGR specials?

Got the solid tail, although I'd be interested in trying both. Should have mine mounted and skied within a few days. I'll probably write a review if I'm not too lazy.

mine are the swallowtail CK's. the finish and overall quality looks very good. tip to tail straightline measurement = 190 cm.

for an aspen core ski of this width and moderate weight (5 lbs 2 oz per ski on my digital scale), the overall stiffness is decent. i hate super floppy skis like the sanouk or the pontoon; the CK's aren't floppy soft. the tip/forebody are pretty soft as you'd expect, but approx 1/3 of the ski length is thickish and moderately stiff. that section is staggered back relative to the center of the ski which makes sense---the recommended mount line is 105.5 cm back from the tip, which is relatively far back compared to say a Praxis.

just did some side-by-side flex comparisons of the 185 camo praxis vs the CK's. I would not call the CK round-flexing; the first 30-40 cm is quite soft, but if you put one hand 40 cm from the tip and flex at the middle of the ski, it feels as stiff or slightly stiffer than the Praxis. The thickness of the praxis and CK is about the same in the middle section of the ski.

it'll be a while before tahoe conditions let me actually ski the CK's.

I've skied them, on man-made snow granted, but I couldn't wait.

Me: 5'11 155 lbs
    Setup: Swallowtail CKs with 916s on the line

I figured if they were bearable on a groomer they'd do just fine at most other things. I was surprised at how much I could get this ski on edge and drive them on the pack. They liked speed from what I could feel and would rail medium/long radius turns. Swinging them around was no problem. The width requires careful skiing on hard snow as the inside edge is prone to catching, all in all pretty easy to adjust to.

Overall I loved them and they exceeded my expectations on the pack. I'll probably ski them whenever the snow is soft if it ever snows in Utah. (my other ski is a 193 Mojo 90)

Thanks for the mini-review Hat. Glad to hear that they'll arc on the groomers.

I decided to pull the trigger on solid tail models and they have met/exceeded my expectations, well at least thus far leaning against the wall... The camber and rocker looks peeerfect!

One question for others out there: One ski has a red sidewall and the other has a clear sidewall. Just wondering if these are supposed to have "mixed" sidewalls?

all my sidewalls are red, fwiw.

Mine have 3 red and 1 white

Quote Originally Posted by azzure View Post
    Mine have 3 red and 1 white
    R U Serious? (my scarcasm meter is broken)

Yup, my skis have one white sidewall but the rest are red. Looks super dope if you ask me.