Page 23 of 252 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RaccoonFace View Post
    I present the vid from my new HD helmet cam made by blackberry that is neither HD nor a helmet cam...

okbye
    That made me dizzy....
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

There were definitely spots that were in the 3' range but for the most part sentinel was between 18-24" didn't hit anything. Twat a great day to start

Yeah you could jump off stuff too
    Last edited by Nuthon; 11-08-2010 at 05:12 PM.
    Snow Flake Killer

^^^ Good stuff. By the time I get out next week, i think I will be lucky if I find corn.

Did you do one lap? And how much snow was down under Chair 7.

My godson and parents are headed up this weekend, and want to get him out for some hiking. His mom is concerned he may not make the JETS program and the stigma that would have on the family.

Quote Originally Posted by guermo View Post
    Boarded down Northwest from the top this morning.. yeah ski patrol director Mike met me at the bottom and told me that I was not allowed on private property. Funny, same speech from that guy this time of year for 20 seasons now! Saw raccoon and Corky straightlining the around the world cat track (?) back to the summit lot claiming we were late. Yeah nice turns though, good start.
    Nice to see you for our annual once-a-year meeting Guermo! Till next year...

Hard to tell but I'd say Rose got somewhere between 10" and 14". I didn't hit bottom once...RaccoonFace hit every rock in KC bowl

I'm now delirious from waking up at 5 and I'm unable to work any more today...

Yeah corky, good on ya! I'm the same, totally unproductive after that!

But.....did you launch Big Jims?

Looked good from here....

Quote Originally Posted by Nuthon View Post
    There were definitely spots that were in the 3' range but for the most part sentinel was between 18-24" didn't hit anything. Twat a great day to start

Yeah you could jump off stuff too
    http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...1108105154.mp4

Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    But.....did you launch Big Jims?

Looked good from here....
    Actually, I said fuck it, Big Jims is for Pussies. Went straight to Heart Chute.

Ottime- there should be plenty left for the weekend. Coverage under 7 was good & they were out smashing it down with the cat. Maybe be up again on Sat morn.
    Snow Flake Killer

Quote Originally Posted by Nuthon View Post
    Coverage under 7 was good & they were out smashing it down with the cat.
    hmm maybe some slushy groomers could be had.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Do you have one of those gay ass stickers on your car? If so, I'll bet money youre an uptight passive aggressive fucktard that hates anyone different than them, yet loves to pay lip service to 'tolerance'.

People with coexist stickers are ALMOST as bad as tele skiers, although there is some overlap.

I want in on The G.N.A.R. Game! And I am playing from the lady tees...all i gotta do is tilt the camera so it looks steeper, right?

Food rec's:

Kings Beach:
    Hiro Sushi - Friday night all you can eat at the Sushi Bar only
    Char Pit - Good Burger, fries and milkshakes(that bring all the boyz to the yard...wait?what? we're not doing that anymore?

Truckee:
    BTW it's Taco's Jalisco...not Tocos Jalisco, and it does indeed rock.
    Squeeze In - Gets a lot of tourists (real ones that only come up once a year and HAVE to go to this place they heard about) but the breakfast is solid. You like omelets...they like making omelets.

SLT:
    Orchid Thai - Solid Thai food
    Red Hut Waffle Shop - Nuff said
    Izzy's Burger Spa - Good Burgers
    Heidi's Pancake House - Solid
    Margarita's - Mexican. Solid cheap Mexican

No bar rec's cause you can start a party anywhere.
    1 WIDE Ski
    'and don't worry its clean, because I never get laid anyways.' - leroy jenkins

also at the kirkwood today.

my first run at the wood, 10-11

then dark star and gimpy showed up. over the summer, gimpy grew a tail.

at just over 2' tall, face shots are the name of the game when there's more snow than you

dark star skiing on grass and rocks. but the grass is really really tall.

Keeping the sabbath snowy at Lassen

Sunday I went to Lassen and found good coverage for the most part. The road was had been open to Sulfur Works, but now is closed down to the Visitors Center. I hiked up the road from there to Sulfur, and then up Ridge Lakes trail. The road was holding about 6 inches at lunch, as was most of the lower trail. Up closer to Ridge Lakes snow was considerably deeper, maybe 14 inches,with deeper drifts here and there. Left the park around 5clock due to near white conditions. Snow was really falling and most of my footprints on the way up were starting to fill in. The road made for a slow but fun mile of buttery goodness. I ended up building a kicker over a weird hippy snow(wo)man that I think a Ranger built on the road close to the VisCenter, if anyone happens to go up. Its hard as hell to get the speed to clear it though on that flat road. The footprints from the snowman lead directly to the side "Authorized Personnel" entrance of the VisCenter. Guess you get bored snowed in up there with no visitors to Ranger. I didn't have the nerve to slide the handrail on the bridge just below Sulfur Works, though it was set-up nice if someone else wants to go for it. Anyway, my Honda was under maybe 2 inches when I got back to it, so it was definitely falling harder up near 8,000 than at the 6,700 VisCenter. However, in general the snow elevation was much lower up in these parts. Southwest entrance road was covered all the way to 89, and 89 was covered for many miles back towards Susanville, even at spots below 5,000. Also snowed between Susanville and Reno in spots, which surprised me, but none seemed to be sticking. Here are a couple of photos:

Near Sulfur Works:

South of Ridge Lakes, off trail maybe 1/4 mile. Mt. Conard in the distance:

Deep snow just below Ridge Lakes:

Monday

Had today off since I can't carry vacation time over to 2011. I had planned on camping at Lassen from my trip yesterday, but it was cold, blizzard-like, and I wanted to hit a few other spots before the next few days of work got in the way. I made a few passes on different runs in Mt Rose starting at 11:30 or so. I don't ride Mt. Rose very often when its open, and I didn't pay close attention to the signs today, but I know I rode KC, upper lakeview, lower lakeview, and a short stretch of around the world. They had groomed some of around the world by 1:00 or so, and I built a little kicker near the locked gate below the summit parking access; just big enough for little 180s and such. I assume it probably got leveled shortly thereafter as I heard grooming dude in the distance when I left the resort. I had planned on being nice, bringing my fiance coffee for lunch back in Truckee, and then checking out Donner after Mt. Rose, but when I got back to my car at the Summit, I saw one track down the steep hill directly beside the parking lot and bathrooms. I climbed this, and dropped in more of less along the same track as the original - super fun. I'll ride this after works often in past winters, but later in winter when its more less like a black-d-run at Homewood. Today, it was all steep, fluffy powder atop hidden rocks that stayed just out of the way for the most part. I dropped it that one time, then put all my stuff in my ride and went down to Incline to warm up with some coffee. I came back to the Summit 5:00 I guess, saw my track down the steep hill, and had to stop for some more. I climbed and dropped it two more times in the dark with a headlamp. The first of these two times was real good times - when I turned from my back edge to front, I must have dropped 10 near-vert feet through loose powder, feeling the occasional boulder along the way. The fourth time was just as fun, and each time I dropped I took a ton of snow down with me. It was fast too, and my headlamp couldn't keep up-yet I somehow don't think I was faster than the speed of light.

Though the snow wasn't as deep as Lassen yesterday, Rose was probably more fun all around. I might go back to that parking lot steep tomorrow after work, but it'll be dependent on how much melts (and how it refreezes tomorrow evening).

Took this photo during my first hike up KC...figured it was your tracks RacoonFace. I feel the rock pain too. I hit every rock in lower lake view; they're surprising...like landmines or dog shit.

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    That made me dizzy....
    Sorry, I guess Blackberry needs to work on their virtual stability algorithm.

And, to all I will get to updating the first page in the next couple days. Thank you for your patience.
    TELL YOUR BOOBS TO QUIT STARING AT MY EYES!!!1!

Here, I'll help you out:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Famous View Post
    RENO SUPERMOTO

Kirkwood 11-8-10

Yes, it was a lovely day.
    Honors to those that can do more than one lap.

Let it Snow, Again!

Silver Lake, 15 in below chair 5, Nice tracks on Monte Wolfe, Whoops in the distance
    Last edited by powdrhound; 11-09-2010 at 12:16 PM.

Awesome powdork!

I cant believe Powdorks 4th of July Lhasas still have some life in them.

^^^Are you sure they have life, or perhaps a little after life.

And PD, why did you hit that drop so small? Come on and man up. Nuthon dropped Heart, and all you get is a hop over a base grinder??

Ah, it is so easy to see here from my office computer that you need to get out and ski more.

You up for a suffer fest next week? Say Tuesday?

My soon to be Mother-in-law will be visiting this coming weekend. This means I'll be finding somewhere to ride Saturday and Sunday, anywhere between Shasta and Tioga. Anyone is welcome to ride along - besides my future mother-in-law.

skied hour glass today. There were a few tracks but we got ours. Looked like Mt Rose got raped. Coverage above 9,400 was ok and started to get real shallow around 9200 (It was really rocky down in/around the choke).

how was the coverage in K-wood? Hows is CP looking, can you skin for the arking lot?

telemike-I have work tomorrow

Glad to see everyone enjoying this sample of winter
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Do you have one of those gay ass stickers on your car? If so, I'll bet money youre an uptight passive aggressive fucktard that hates anyone different than them, yet loves to pay lip service to 'tolerance'.

People with coexist stickers are ALMOST as bad as tele skiers, although there is some overlap.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeppelinskier View Post

how was the coverage in K-wood? Hows is CP looking, can you skin for the arking lot?
    carson pass is skinning great.

copy that Zep

headed to carson pass tomorrow morning

anyone have any luck (good or bad) getting sno-park passes? I couldn't find any at the usual Tuolumne County locations
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Keep nuking!

Quote Originally Posted by telemike View Post
    copy that Zep

headed to carson pass tomorrow morning

anyone have any luck (good or bad) getting sno-park passes? I couldn't find any at the usual Tuolumne County locations
    chevron in meyers had them.

shoulda stopped Sat afternoon...

hoping to find something along the way from Jackson
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by telemike View Post
    shoulda stopped Sat afternoon...

hoping to find something along the way from Jackson
    did you ever make it to the powderwhore flick at the gucc?