Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor View Post
    Move to Utah. Problem solved
    Dammit, beat me to it. I was going to say: "In Utah we would use this at least once a week." Then maybe through one of these in there, or maybe one of these
    Thanks Shane

Quote Originally Posted by Professor View Post
    Move to Utah. Problem solved
    Trust me, I have had my fair share of 30+ inch days...and IMO the spats just make deep snow seem shallower.....

but when it come to pow tree skiing the spat shape cannot be beat...nothing comes close as far as turnability

trigger=pulled.
    They should be here on Friday. Look for a review in December or January depending on when it will finally get good around here.
    Thanks Shane

Man, just what I don't need to see..... I wonder how I am going to hide another pair of skis from the wife. Wait - they are camo so they're invisible, right?

fuck money. pull the trigger, phish (i should be the voice of reason here, but those look BOMBER!)
    Umbrellas are for fags.

Quote Originally Posted by Biscosity Breakdown View Post
    fuck money. pull the trigger, phish (i should be the voice of reason here, but those look BOMBER!)
    you arent helping me adam...

school first, skiing later (i guess)

fuck this shit.....

Quote Originally Posted by MOHSHSIHd View Post
    you arent helping me adam...

school first, skiing later (i guess)

fuck this shit.....
    prolly for the best, Z was just saying you quit skiing anyways.

It appers in the photo that the tip and tail are splayed. Is that the case?
    The reason I comment on it is because I just recently bought a pair of pocket rockets that, when you squeeze the skis together, they have very little to no pressure at the tip and tail but I bought them anyway thinking that they are solely for powder but I supppose the only way is to give it the test of fire in dive into the deep.?
    in time of peace, prepare for war....

Quote Originally Posted by bumpking View Post
    It appers in the photo that the tip and tail are splayed. Is that the case?
    The reason I comment on it is because I just recently bought a pair of pocket rockets that, when you squeeze the skis together, they have very little to no pressure at the tip and tail but I bought them anyway thinking that they are solely for powder but I supppose the only way is to give it the test of fire in dive into the deep.?
    That is what "reverse camber" means. You ever heard of the spatula?

There are a bunch of skis out there now that don't have traditional camber or sidecut as both are as useful as a third tit in the deep stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer28 View Post
    There are a bunch of skis out there now that don't have traditional camber or sidecut as both are as useful as a third tit in the deep stuff.
    Poor analogy. There are many uses for a third tit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Odin
    But where is he going to get 10 gallons of crisco, a real doll, 14 japanese virgins, a box of strawberrys, a bottle of old harpers, 12 and a half mangum condoms and some rubber gloves at this time of night?

Quote Originally Posted by cpj.slc View Post
    trigger=pulled.
    They should be here on Friday. Look for a review in December or January depending on when it will finally get good around here.
    Those skis show up yet?
    When life gives you haters, make haterade.

I skied on the Praxis Powder Ski all last year and was very impressed. The ski corners exceptionally, destroys the powder, skims over the top of skied out snow ,lands well off drops and has much better weight distrabution than the Spatula. Doesn't work so well on ice however it works better at side stepping up tricky icey slopes to get to your decent point because you weight is under you feet instead of on you tip and tail. I find there is no other ski I want to ski on anymore and every time I go out on them I feel this way more. I recomend buying two pairs.

BLOOD SWEAT STEEL Guest
    ^^ What did you mount them with, and where? Where were you skiing them too, BTW?

I mounted them with a old pair of salomon S-14's at alpine meadows-

I need some contact info for Praxis if anyone wants to PM it to me... I skimmed the thread and might have missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonskis420 View Post
    I skied on the Praxis Powder Ski all last year and was very impressed. The ski corners exceptionally, destroys the powder, skims over the top of skied out snow ,lands well off drops and has much better weight distrabution than the Spatula. Doesn't work so well on ice however it works better at side stepping up tricky icey slopes to get to your decent point because you weight is under you feet instead of on you tip and tail. I find there is no other ski I want to ski on anymore and every time I go out on them I feel this way more. I recomend buying two pairs.
    Per Keith, "The line should be 95.6 cm from the tip with a measuring tape pulled tight. This is the foward most mount I would recomend. depending on your preference and if they are to be mounted tele or downhill you might want to set back a little more. On average I would recomend 97 cm from tip."

Where did you mount yours Jasonskis420?

the skis are fine- i had SNOW on my doorstep this morning... more enroute, think good thoughts for the sierra...
    "if you plant ice, you're gonna harvest wind..."

Below Zero- I've been mounting them at 97 cm from the tip and they seem good, I have mounted one pair of them tele and if I am remembering right I mounted them at about 98 cm from tip-

good to see the word getting out on the Praxis skis. the posts above pretty much summed things up. bomber construction where it counts, but poplar/aspen core to keep the weight reasonable. last season Keith was asking for input on pricing; i told him that if he kept them below 500 bucks they'd sell well. the quality is really high on these skis. i got my pair late this summer since i knew the production run would not be very high in number. need some real sierra storms before i can try them though.

although the professor and i haven't skied together, over the years his ski preferences have been similar to mine. i do wish the praxis came in a longer length, and perhaps one day they will, but this size should be fine for me based on my highly scientific hand-flexing. i got a new pair of the first-year big daddies last season, threw some R8s on them, and damn they are a fine ski for places like Mammoth. i do like a stiff fat ski over 190 cm for my 190+ lbs. but i figure that the praxis (by far the shortest ski in my quiver) will work well on those super deep stormy days we get in tahoe where you spend a lot of time working the trees and narrow gully shots.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

I definitely DO NOT need these at the moment, considering my Spats will probably last all year.... but if I don't spend the money now, I'm sure I will later. I have no self-discipline!

dude, you need them.

Quote Originally Posted by marshalolson View Post
    dude, you need them.
    You mean to fill the gap in my quiver between the Spats, Doughboys, and ANTs?

sounds a pair of praxis would be the perfect compliment

this thread is killing me

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    good to see the word getting out on the Praxis skis. the posts above pretty much summed things up. bomber construction where it counts, but poplar/aspen core to keep the weight reasonable. last season Keith was asking for input on pricing; i told him that if he kept them below 500 bucks they'd sell well. the quality is really high on these skis. i got my pair late this summer since i knew the production run would not be very high in number. need some real sierra storms before i can try them though.
    Very good call on the pricing, at first it threw me back a bit with a little of the old "too good to be true" but I think he made a great business decision. Since posting that people could PM me for contact info I've had over 15 people wanting to know Keith's info and I'd say most of them had itchy trigger fingers. I'm sure his price will drift up over time, but for now this is perfect. $450 is a god damn steal for brand new skis that are from these reports bomber tough and ski great. I know a lot of people are going to be asking us about these on the hill and when they hear they can have a pair for under $500 it is going to be a done deal.

I can't wait to get on mine.