Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Angry Jump, motherfucker, Jump, motherfucker Jump! [NSR Rant]

Did any Bay Area maggs have to deal with this shit last Friday?

http://sfgate.com/chronicle/pictures...perjam_mac.jpg

Fucking idiot didn't even jump! (Note to suicidal dumbasses- head in oven, running car in garage, and a bunch of other ways do NOT inconvenience 200,000 other people for 12 hours)

http://sfgate.com/chronicle/pictures...a_bridge01.jpg

[/rant][/insensitive prick]

My god was this retarded. It screwed up traffic everywhere.

However, if I'm going to do myself in... what better way to say FUCK OFF on your way out... not that he did himself in... or that I condone doing oneself in.

Thumbs down

You know.........about three years ago we had a women, despondent over the break up with her boyfriend, stage the same thing on one of our bridges during morning rush hour.

Totally fokked up everyone's commute - one road backed up onto another and so on and so on. It was lovely.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Cool ha squeeze me.... baking powder... jynx

same thing happened here a couple years ago on the I 5

they shut down the southbound lanes (where the crazy girl wanted to jump)
    all the while people driving north were shouting jump bitch and do it and other funny stuff like that
    so they shut down the northbound lanes too. She never did jump either> bwaaaaaaaaakkk
    Whitebread stuffy Seattleites couldn't get over it for a month...

Heh,

In Seattle they only stopped one lane of traffic when somone trys to jump from the Aurora bridge into the Adobe campus..

I was actually shocked how common it was. The suicidal ones always seem to wake up before I do too, thus making me late.

so if you live in seattle and you hear about "police activity" on the aurora bridge its a jumper..

Seattle got crucified for this (and ppl think we're so nice and liberal) but then 12 days later September 11th happened and all was forgotten :

Readers write: a sampling of e-mails

Times reporters who were involved in Tuesday's coverage of the young woman who jumped from the Ship Canal Bridge received many e-mails from readers. Here is a sampling from readers who gave permission to publish all or parts of their e-mails.

We should all be ashamed of ourselves! Are we all so busy that being on time to work is more important than someone's life? A disgusting and pathetic comment on the state of our city.

— Charlotte Morin

I appreciated your article in Wednesday's Seattle Times. I think you focused on the most important issue, which is the fact that this woman is "the loved one of someone, the baby of some mom."... I believe that this story needs more attention paid to it, as a way of opening the eyes of people to suicide and the tragedy that embodies it.

— Susan Wool

How can anyone be surprised at this latest example of "urban apathy" in our Society of Death? Before even becoming teenagers, kids witness thousands of detailed, slow-motion TV and movie "murders." They see real-life rapists and murderers immortalized and publicized on TV. Movies and TV are loaded with occult imagery, including repeating themes involving demonic possession. ... So, folks calling for someone to jump to their death? Big fat deal. Like it's news.

— Russ Dillard, Orlando, Fla.

I was wondering about the last line in your excellent story about the kind and considerate and wonderful woman who jumped from the bridge, that it was extremely unlikely that any charges would be brought against her. I guess you mean criminal charges, but what about civil actions by the state for the costs incurred by the police and by the crisis negotiators? When tankers spill oil, civil suits are brought against the owners to recover the costs of the cleanup ... so shouldn't this wonderful woman be responsible for her actions, too?

— Bob French

Totally disgusted and depressed by the story of how awful people were to the woman on the bridge yesterday. I was hoping to send a letter to her, just to let her know that normal, decent people can empathize with her and not everyone in Seattle thinks that getting to Microsoft on time is the end all and be all — what a life that would be, can you imagine? — and also wishing her a full recovery, physically and mentally.

— Emily Rosenberg

I'm totally sickened to hear that people — I mean, morons — were actually shouting encouragement to this woman to jump. Each one of those persons deserves to carry the guilt of her death if indeed she does not pull through.

— Christopher Palms

I am a lifelong resident of Washington state and I am horrified and disheartened by the behavior of the motorists encouraging the woman to jump. These people should be ashamed of themselves and are not welcome here. They are obviously devoid of any compassion for a fellow human being and deserve our pity, as does the jumper. Thanks, as always, to the police negotiators for their efforts to help this poor woman. Where have our priorities gone?

— Timothy J. Tobin

I usually don't send reactive e-mails such as this, but I find it both disconcerting and typically trite that you and your paper would publish something so insensitive. A woman clearly is intent upon ending her own life, yet the VAST majority of your article centers around the resulting traffic woes. ... Perhaps the most disconcerting fact is that you at least think you're catering to what readers want. You're probably right, too, which unfortunately only means the illness applies to the entire lot of us.

— Che Green

The question I have for the Police Department is, what could possibly justify shutting down traffic for four hours on the busiest highway in the state? It's a foregone conclusion that the outcome could only be one of two things: the woman jumps (in which case the police divers are waiting for her) or she doesn't. The police should be able to conclude a crisis like that in minutes, not hours.... "Ma'am, either you jump or I'm going to grab you and put you in a patrol car." That's it. It's that simple. In the meantime, thousands of people were severely inconvenienced, many people missed flight connections and millions of dollars were lost by business owners.... It's no wonder road rage is on the rise.

— Mark Nyberg

To the young lady: I don't know what brought you to this, perhaps it's clinical depression. Maybe something tragic in your life happened. Whatever the case, stick it out. You've got options. It's worth it. It gets better. Be strong. We care. Things and people do change. Look at it this way: You've survived another day, and you are free to kick ass on the people who were telling you to jump.

— Jeff Malek
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

I'm guessing it's like sliding a rail. You just gotta commit, otherwise it's not going to go well.

Signed,
    Another Insensitive Prick

Might as well jump on the insensitive prick bandwagon with FZ leading the band:
    Well, hoop hoop) You say there ain't no use in livin'
    (Well, hoop hoop) It's all a waste of time
    (Well, hoop hoop) 'N you wanna throw your life away, well
    (Well, go on, do it!) People that's just fine
    (Hoop hoop) Go ahead on 'n get it over with then
    (Well, hoop hoop) Find you a bridge 'n take a jump
    (Well, hoop hoop, well, hoop hoop)
    (Well . . . ) Just make sure you do it right the first time
    (Hoop!) 'Cause nothin's worse than a Suicide Chump
    (Oo-woo-woo-woo-woo, oh, yeah!)

(Hoop hoop) You say there ain't no light a-shinin'
    (Well, hoop hoop) Through the bushes up ahead
    (Well, hoop hoop) 'N we're all gonna be so sorry
    (Well, sorry, dead now) When we find out you are dead
    (Hoop hoop) Go head on 'n get it over with then

(Oooh) Now maybe you're scared of jumpin'
    (Well, oooh) 'N poison makes you sick
    (Well, oooh) 'N you want a little attention
    (Well, oooh) 'N you need it pretty quick
    (Well, oooh) Don't wanna mess your face up
    (Well, oooh) Or we won't know if it's you
    (Well, oooh) Aw, there's just so much to worry about
    (Well, oo-woo-woo-wooh) Now what you gonna do?
    (Hoop hoop) Go ahead on 'n get it over with then

(Well, hoop hoop) Now maybe you're scared of jumpin'
    (Well, hoop hoop) 'N poison makes you sick
    (Well, hoop hoop) 'N you want a little attention
    (Well, hoop hoop) 'N you need it pretty quick
    (Well, hoop hoop) Don't wanna mess your face up
    (Well, hoop hoop) Or we won't know if it's you
    (Well, hoop hoop) Aw, there's just so much to worry about
    (Well, hoop hoop) Now what you gonna do?

(Well, hoop hoop) Go head on 'n get it over with then
    (Well . . . )

You're on the bridge;
    Scared to leap,
    But a girl walks over
    To take a peep . . .
    She says: "DON'T DO IT!"
    But wouldn't you know . . .
    The girl got a head
    Like a buffalo
    With a little red hair
    All over the top
    An' her breath would make the
    Traffic stop
    She says "I LOVE YOU . . .
    BUT FIRST, LET'S EAT!"
    And all you can say as you run down the street is . . .

(You Are What You Is)
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Blurred Elevens Guest
    You know, if we were ALL a little more insensative, things would go more smoothly.

If someone threatens to jump off a bridge, simply respond "who cares"? Keeps the flow of traffic going and helps clean up the gene pool. What's the big mystery here?

Originally posted by KQ
    You know.........about three years ago we had a women, despondent over the break up with her boyfriend, stage the same thing on one of our bridges during morning rush hour.

Totally fokked up everyone's commute - one road backed up onto another and so on and so on. It was lovely.
    Yes, that backed things up better than when the firebreathing, topless transvestite scaled one of the powerline towers near the I-5 bridge.

And for those of you who think I'm making this up--I'm not!

Anybody else find this thread ironic? Especially when you take into account the people who have posted thier "jump motherfucker" opinion and their stance on innocent civilian deaths in a particular war we recently had?

Shit, kind of ashamed to have logged on today, not the kind of stuff I was expecting from this crowd.
    "These are crazy times Mr Hatter, crazy times. Crazy like Buddha! Muwahaha!"

Blurred Elevens Guest
    Originally posted by char
    Anybody else find this thread ironic? Especially when you take into account the people who have posted thier "jump motherfucker" opinion and their stance on innocent civilian deaths in a particular war we recently had?

Shit, kind of ashamed to have logged on today, not the kind of stuff I was expecting from this crowd.

Please note on the other hand, that Blurred never waivers on his stance towards thinning out the population....today has been a GREAT day for the board! Way to go kids!

Of course you could have taken BART and done the crossword puzzle while the gapers waited in traffic.
    The trumpet scatters its awful sound Over the graves of all lands Summoning all before the throne

Death and mankind shall be stunned When Nature arises To give account before the Judge

"It is a pretty serious incident when we have traffic tied up for 12 hours,'' said McPeak
    I thought that constituted a normal day in CA.
    "There is a hell of a huge difference between skiing as a sport- or even as a lifestyle- and skiing as an industry"
    Hunter S. Thompson, 1970 (RIP)

I'm kinda surprised that after that long a delay, people didn't actually storm the bridge and throw her off.

Then again, I live in fairfield county. They'll threaten your life for hesitating even one millisecond when the light turns green!

Sprite
    "I call it reveling in natures finest element. Water in its pristine form. Straight from the heavens. We bathe in it, rejoicing in the fullest." --BZ

Originally posted by char

I feel so scolded.

Originally posted by KQ

NO, you want to know what was FUCKED UP about that shit? The REALLY FUCKED UP SHIT was that people on the bridge when that woman was contemplating ending her life became impatient because their commute was taking a little longer than usual, so they started screaming at her to jump, using very profane language.

Inconvenience is so trivial compared to suicide.

Punani: I feel sorry for all the people that feel the need to end their lives. Do you realize that you called the guy an insensitive prick because he didn't snuff himself in an appropriately convenient manner? That's pretty fucked up too, dude.

Originally posted by KQ
    Seattle got crucified for this (and ppl think we're so nice and liberal) but then 12 days later September 11th happened and all was forgotten :

Readers write: a sampling of e-mails

Times reporters who were involved in Tuesday's coverage of the young woman who jumped from the Ship Canal Bridge received many e-mails from readers. Here is a sampling from readers who gave permission to publish all or parts of their e-mails.

We should all be ashamed of ourselves! Are we all so busy that being on time to work is more important than someone's life? A disgusting and pathetic comment on the state of our city.

— Charlotte Morin

I appreciated your article in Wednesday's Seattle Times. I think you focused on the most important issue, which is the fact that this woman is "the loved one of someone, the baby of some mom."... I believe that this story needs more attention paid to it, as a way of opening the eyes of people to suicide and the tragedy that embodies it.

— Susan Wool

How can anyone be surprised at this latest example of "urban apathy" in our Society of Death? Before even becoming teenagers, kids witness thousands of detailed, slow-motion TV and movie "murders." They see real-life rapists and murderers immortalized and publicized on TV. Movies and TV are loaded with occult imagery, including repeating themes involving demonic possession. ... So, folks calling for someone to jump to their death? Big fat deal. Like it's news.

— Russ Dillard, Orlando, Fla.

I was wondering about the last line in your excellent story about the kind and considerate and wonderful woman who jumped from the bridge, that it was extremely unlikely that any charges would be brought against her. I guess you mean criminal charges, but what about civil actions by the state for the costs incurred by the police and by the crisis negotiators? When tankers spill oil, civil suits are brought against the owners to recover the costs of the cleanup ... so shouldn't this wonderful woman be responsible for her actions, too?

— Bob French

Totally disgusted and depressed by the story of how awful people were to the woman on the bridge yesterday. I was hoping to send a letter to her, just to let her know that normal, decent people can empathize with her and not everyone in Seattle thinks that getting to Microsoft on time is the end all and be all — what a life that would be, can you imagine? — and also wishing her a full recovery, physically and mentally.

— Emily Rosenberg

I'm totally sickened to hear that people — I mean, morons — were actually shouting encouragement to this woman to jump. Each one of those persons deserves to carry the guilt of her death if indeed she does not pull through.

— Christopher Palms

I am a lifelong resident of Washington state and I am horrified and disheartened by the behavior of the motorists encouraging the woman to jump. These people should be ashamed of themselves and are not welcome here. They are obviously devoid of any compassion for a fellow human being and deserve our pity, as does the jumper. Thanks, as always, to the police negotiators for their efforts to help this poor woman. Where have our priorities gone?

— Timothy J. Tobin

I usually don't send reactive e-mails such as this, but I find it both disconcerting and typically trite that you and your paper would publish something so insensitive. A woman clearly is intent upon ending her own life, yet the VAST majority of your article centers around the resulting traffic woes. ... Perhaps the most disconcerting fact is that you at least think you're catering to what readers want. You're probably right, too, which unfortunately only means the illness applies to the entire lot of us.

— Che Green

The question I have for the Police Department is, what could possibly justify shutting down traffic for four hours on the busiest highway in the state? It's a foregone conclusion that the outcome could only be one of two things: the woman jumps (in which case the police divers are waiting for her) or she doesn't. The police should be able to conclude a crisis like that in minutes, not hours.... "Ma'am, either you jump or I'm going to grab you and put you in a patrol car." That's it. It's that simple. In the meantime, thousands of people were severely inconvenienced, many people missed flight connections and millions of dollars were lost by business owners.... It's no wonder road rage is on the rise.

— Mark Nyberg

To the young lady: I don't know what brought you to this, perhaps it's clinical depression. Maybe something tragic in your life happened. Whatever the case, stick it out. You've got options. It's worth it. It gets better. Be strong. We care. Things and people do change. Look at it this way: You've survived another day, and you are free to kick ass on the people who were telling you to jump.

— Jeff Malek
    glad to know i'm not alone...

There was a pretty interesting article in the New Yorker about Golden Gate and its history of suicides. Apparently it would be quite easy to prevent many of them with the installation of an additional rail, but the powers-that-be are more concerned with aesthetics.

Article Here.

It's pretty long, so you should probably print it out.

It mentions that, in a poll of San Franciscans, a Golden Gate suicide is lfound ikely to be thought of as "less tacky" than a Bay Bridge suicide.

Blurred Elevens Guest
    Originally posted by Samwich
    NO, you want to know what was FUCKED UP about that shit? The REALLY FUCKED UP SHIT was that people on the bridge when that woman was contemplating ending her life became impatient because their commute was taking a little longer than usual, so they started screaming at her to jump, using very profane language.

Dude, I've been through more shit than most. When people start crying for attention without regard for the lives/inconvenience of others, I say FUCK OFF, JUMP! It's living your life with all disregard for others that probably brought you to suicide. Suicide is the PUSSY way out, and I have no respect for pussies.

Case in example: Guy I knew got in an argument with his girlfriend, stuck a gun in his mouth in front of her and blew his brains out. Am I supposed to feel sorry for him too? Fuck him.

Blurred Elevens Guest
    Originally posted by Alex P. Keaton
    There was a pretty interesting article in the New Yorker about Golden Gate and its history of suicides. Apparently it would be quite easy to prevent many of them with the installation of an additional rail, but the powers-that-be are more concerned with aesthetics.

Article Here.

It's pretty long, so you should probably print it out.

It mentions that, in a poll of San Franciscans, a Golden Gate suicide is lfound ikely to be thought of as "less tacky" than a Bay Bridge suicide.
    Your argument is retarded. Start putting rails on everything higher than 50 feet....

Read the article, realize that it's not my argument...Thanks for your time.

Originally posted by Blurred Elevens
    Start putting rails on everything higher than 50 feet
    Great idea. I'd like to see some railslides to fifty foot hucks in future ski movies.
    "There is a hell of a huge difference between skiing as a sport- or even as a lifestyle- and skiing as an industry"
    Hunter S. Thompson, 1970 (RIP)

Blurred Elevens Guest
    Originally posted by Alex P. Keaton
    Read the article, realize that it's not my argument...Thanks for your time.
    You speak in spite of "the powers that be" that could use my money to put up barriers to save people who are going to commit suicide, who I don't care about anyhow.

Thanks for your time, duphus

Wink

Originally posted by Blurred Eleven-ezer Scrooge
    If they had rather die... they had better do it and decrease the surplus population! Bah Humbug!
    ...tricks deserve applause, style deserves respect