Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mammoth Nov 8-9

Thumbs up Mammoth Nov 8-9

Saturday- first turns in 5 months

Partly cloudy/Partly sunny in the AM. Crew = Me, Tuffy, Barnballs and Ms Barnballs. Open chairs were 1, 2 and 3

A few Speed runs/ gaper slalom on Stump Alley trying to find our legs and get our shit together. We found Haus, Bullet, Joey Bag O Donuts, Telenater, Sponsored by Duct Tape, Carnivore, Sheebz and a bunch of other people from the Mammoth forum. At one point there were 15-20 Maggots/Minions/MammyForum in the crew lapping up Chair 3 to Broadway or Stump. Lots of rocks off the groomers.

Weather closed in around midday and the trails got icy at parts...this along with whiteout conditions and hidden bumps made for some entertaining wipeouts. Big crew dispersed. Some kept skiing, some grabbed free champagne and hot dogs, and others called it.

By this time the crowds had gone. Me and Haus lapped up uncrowded top-to-bottom runs on 3 and 1 with a little bit of fresh each time.

28 degrees, snowing heavily, and you can't see shit but it was all good shit considering it was the first weekend of the season and it was early November. Quads burned, legs were sore but we couldn't stop. After several runs on the same lap we can ski it by braille and memory alone.

Around 3:30 we met up with the lunchtime crowd, and the last half hour was spent bombing the same runs. Unfortunately 4:00 came 'round just when the conditions were best.

Sunday

http://www.biglines.com/photos/blpic15039.jpg

Woke up to see 6-8 inches of light dry fluff blanketing the streets.
    Up to Chair 2 around 8am, got in line for the fresh. The highlight of the morning was seeing a Mammoth Forum snowboarder who shall rename nameless, *cough* Shiftyrider *cough*, try to fanangle his way to first chair, got into a yelling match, lost his temper, got shoved into the ground and came within inches of getting the shit kicked out of him by the entire front of the line.

The 6-8 inches of fresh translated to heavy windpacked stuff on the mountain- Thick enough to cover the rocks, but thin enough to get some scrapes.

This over the light dry stuff from yesterday afternoon = avie conditions. 3 remained shut, as did the reacharound off the back of 1 (Fascination/World cup). The entire day was spent bombing Stump and Main, hitting whatever little hits could be found and poaching Patrolman's. Skied with Tuffy, Mr & Ms Ballbarns, Haus, Joey Bag O Donuts, Bullet, Telenater, Big TIm, some non-maggot Kirkweed buds and a bunch of others until the legs gave out at 2:30.

Today I feel like my quads and lower back were pummeled with a sledgehammer, shins banged harder than Jenna Jameson, and general all round soreness...but baby does it hurt so good.

Sometimes skiing don't feel like it should...but it hurts so good.
    Last edited by Superstar Punani; 11-10-2003 at 12:12 PM.

Re: Mammoth Nov 8-9

Originally posted by Punani

Sometimes skiing don't feel like it should...but it hurts so good.
    Better than boobies?
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Thumbs up

Nice! Glad to see other areas of the country get to participate in the Gaper Slalom... I'm thinking it should be a new Olympic event.

Just got a call from a former boss who just moved to San Diego.. inquring about potential "help" (1 year + timeframe). How far is Mammoth from SD??

I think it's somewhere around 300 miles. Not close enough!

Edit: make that 400 miles.
    Last edited by The AD; 11-10-2003 at 12:26 PM.

Bout 6 hours. As I recall, Haus lives down there.

Nice trip report Pu! I had to miss this damnit!
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

Originally posted by The AD
    Not close enough! Edit: make that 400 miles.
    Gracias!

Originally posted by road trip
    How far is Mammoth from SD??
    Yep about 5 1/2 to 6 hours and 370 to 400 miles depending on location.

Fuk, I can't walk, my legs don't work. It was a great first couple a days back, good crew, fun snow, good times. Just give Punani unlimited free hot dogs to light his inner furnace and he'll rip the shit out of anything nonstop until the lifties say no more.
    Last edited by Haus; 11-10-2003 at 12:54 PM.
    I like cows. Cow are cool.

Sunday

The highlight of the morning was seeing a Mammoth Forum snowboarder who shall rename nameless, *cough* Shiftyrider *cough*, try to fanangle his way to first chair, got into a yelling match, lost his temper, got shoved into the ground and came within inches of getting the shit kicked out of him by the entire front of the line.
    Yep, being in the 3rd group back made for an interesting morning, and a good laugh. They should have pounded that jerk off into the ground. Anyhow, it was great meeting up with everyone, and it was classic watching the group just tear down the mtn playing gaper slalom
    Whoa, what you gotta say?? Whoa, girls turn 18 every day!!!
    --Vandals

punani made a reference to drugs.

i try not to post there as they're a bunch of assholes, but couldn't hold back today.
    fine

What a lame, highly-moderated forum that is. Bullet, did they really punch your ticket? edit: I see that that was hypothetical now.

Thumbs down Re: Re: Re: Mammoth Nov 8-9

Originally posted by Bullet

Hey Punani - Lynard just posted this:
    "The reason Superstar Punani isn't here talking about it is because he has already gotten reprimanded for his actions on the forum. "

What'd ya do to piss him off? You didn't JONG the moderator, did you?
    Tell Goebbels over there to pucker up and kiss my ass
    I used up my 3 strikes on Friday

I replied to your Friday post "Any hits on the mountain" with
    "Oh...I thought you were talking about THOSE hits...speaking of which is the Ganjola open?". This was deleted twice (Strike 1 and 2)

Then Mountain Bored said only JONGs love early season. I replied saying that I was like a heterosexual sailor out to sea for 5 months...when I get back to port I'd bang anything with two tits, a hole and a heartbeat. (Strike 3)

Since Goebbels emailed me a warning in my hotmail it went to the junk mail folder.

First I was thinking "Will someone please pull the Mammoth-sized bug from out of his ass and chill out on the moderation", but Fuck it. It's his ball and he wants to go home. He can keep his anally moderated forum. You guys know where to find me

Angry

I'd rather get banned on my feet, than post on my knees.

Hey LyNERD SkiNERD, aka Mammoth Forum Gestapo. If you're lurking over here....

http://www.oneposter.co.uk/UserData/...oster_3307.jpg

I too got an email from wooly. My orginal post not only named names, but it also closed with the following line:

"What do you expect from a snowboarder"

The email from Wooly was:

"Of course what else would you expect from a snowboarder?"

I found that offensive, and I don't even snowboard.
    I don't really think they should use the board as an enforcement tool, but it is pretty lame that they're protecting ShiftyRider. He's not a mountain employee is he?

edit - hmmmmmmm, I've never managed to get banned from a forum, maybe I should give it a shot.

double secret edit - The Mammoth Forums are down. I guess I won't be trying to get banned.

THE FORUMS ARE CURRENTLY OFF LINE

Lightbulb

Originally posted by bad_roo
    THE FORUMS ARE CURRENTLY OFF LINE
    I guess they're having a Putsch down at the Beer Hall.

You're killing me Bad Roo

(And back to the Sunday incident- I was the one at the back of the line yelling "FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!")

BadRoos post is already gone.

Thumbs down

Mammoth forum=weak. The truth sometimes hurts and apparently Mr. Forum Boss can't handle it. Or is it sometimes the truth makes too much sense. Deleting posts and banning people will not solve the issue at hand. Just like the coorporate world...we're not going to attack the problem to make things better, we're just going to sweep the 'dust' under the desk and hope that people forget about it. LAME!!!!!!
    I like cows. Cow are cool.

Wow, I post just to single out some jackass from sunday, and all hell let's loose. well, let's get back to topic, did you see todays photo of 3. SWEEET!!!!!

http://www.mammothmountain.com/galle...031110_013.jpg
    Whoa, what you gotta say?? Whoa, girls turn 18 every day!!!
    --Vandals

my posts were yanked, i was banned without warning and got an email titled "i don't have time for this" from the leonard skynard guy. what a twat.
    fine

another:

Today you people are no longer maggots. Today you are Minions. You're part of a brotherhood.
    fine

Private Tuffy, you are a disgusting fatbody. Get the fuck off of my hill!
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

So who was anyone wearing a yellow and black jacket?

Up to Chair 2 around 8am, got in line for the fresh. The highlight of the morning was seeing a Mammoth Forum snowboarder who shall rename nameless, *cough* Shiftyrider *cough*, try to fanangle his way to first chair, got into a yelling match, lost his temper, got shoved into the ground and came within inches of getting the shit kicked out of him by the entire front of the line.

Damn, I missed half the fun! Did anyone attempt to remind said snowboarder THAT HE WAS WAITING IN LINE FOR CHAIR F***IN' 2? Did he understand that it was not 22, but rather CHAIR F***IN' 2? I hope this guy tries to squeeze up on me in mid February after a 20" dump when I'm waiting for them to load CHAIR F***IN' 4. Or maybe after it blows 100 mph all night we'll find him ducking the rope to get "first tracks" on Broadway. Watch out for that powder hound!

Talking

Sounds like the skiing was fun, but the board battle later, even better. You guys are crazy!

Originally posted by GT40
    Sounds like the skiing was fun, but the board battle later, even better. You guys are crazy!
    Pretty sure you got it nailed, GT.