Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Finding Cletus

Finding Cletus

Ahh, the start to another chapter. I love beginnings. Perhaps more than endings even, although I like those too when they involve snow, women, drugs, friends, food, wine, and high school students.

Ha, there´s a lead in. Actually, its all a tease, cause I´m just not feeling like writing it all down just now. But don´t worry, I will eventually. Meantime, a lifted skirt and nothing more.

I pulled in last night to Bariloche after a long stretch of traveling and much hassle with the car rental agency, to pouring rain. I smiled, thinking back to last year´s adventure. This thought lead me eventually to the same little hotel, which, amazing or not, had the same little old man manning the front. I checked in at $10 usd a night, and went promptly to the restaurant that we´d feasted at the last year. Again, incredible. 3 massive empanadas, a large salad, bread, a half bottle of wine, and a steak later, and I was totally full and only $12 lighter.

I really, really, really like this place.

I considered going out, but passed, knowing that there would be plenty of time for that later, and being pretty wiped from the travel. I slept like a dead man.

I awoke this morning groggy and muddled. The old man´s cafe con leche helped considerably, and after a quick snack , I bolted for the hill.

I hit it at opening, 9am. My quads started cramping at 1pm. An hour later, and I was cooked. In the meantime, I had charged as best I could with summer legs through the foot and half of thick, Tahoe style snow. Awesome for coverage, and just what I was used to from central Oregon. I hooked up with an ex Colorado dood who has lived here with his Argentine girl for the past three years. Cool guy. We also ran with a Tahoe guy named Gunnar for a bit. There were other gringos around, but not too many. The crowds were out in force, but mostly stayed to the main areas. The rest was all ours.

We talked about the area, the locals, the land, the culture, the touring, the climbing, and more. I wanted to hang, but by 2 I had to fold. Downloading on the six chair, I ended up with two Argentine local doods who evasively dodged riding with kids. Hmmm...I wonder why that was?

It was good.

Anyway, new hookups´ phone number in mind, I rolled ack down to town to shower up, and deal with lodgin issues and a few other details. While running around town, I found a few of the hundreds of high school ski club tour groups packing themselves into a phone booth. It was pretty funny.

Finally, the sun started to go down, and I went for peek at the lake. The clouds were still hovering to the west, and it supposed to be snowing again up high, another 6 to 8 inches tonight. But the lake and the view to the east was clearing, and gave a tantalizing glimpse of things to come.

I have found myself again.

A picture essay follows.

Extreme Closeup of Cletus The Rock
    http://tetongravity.com/usergallerie...;201%20004.jpg

Argentines That Can Turn Heads Even at 50 Years Old Are Cool
    https://www.tetongravity.com/usergall...%201%20002.jpg

Anticipation on the Road to Catedral
    https://www.tetongravity.com/usergall...%201%20003.jpg

Bling Bling in My Fiat
    https://www.tetongravity.com/usergall...%201%20005.jpg
    Last edited by Yossarian; 05-30-2007 at 03:39 PM.
    Thrutchworthy Production Services

Re: Finding Cletus

Originally posted by Yossarian

We also ran with a Tahoe guy named Gunnar for a bit.
    Gunnar Newquist? Gotta be him....how many Gunnar's are there in Tahoe? Good guy, rippin skier. Followed the NA IFSA tour around last year.

sweet report.....but next time, less mug shots of Grandpa and more of those 50 year old Aregentine muchachas
    Waste your time, read my crap, at:
    One Gear, Two Planks

sweet! Git sum, Cletus!

Re: Re: Finding Cletus

Originally posted by Tyrone Shoelaces

sweet report.....but next time, less mug shots of Grandpa and more of those 50 year old Aregentine muchachas

And the 17 year olds too...

"¿Me pareces de tú papa? Eres una chica mala, sí?"

Re: Re: Finding Cletus

Originally posted by Tyrone Shoelaces
    Gunnar Newquist? Gotta be him....how many Gunnar's are there in Tahoe? Good guy, rippin skier. Followed the NA IFSA tour around last year.

Gunnar skied just before me at Snowbird. Cool guy. He almost blew up on his second ir but made an amazing recovery hauling ass on one ski and probably got the largest reaction from the crowd that day.

Looks like fun cletus. Lots of fresh in that pic with the car.

Thumbs up

Super cool.

roger that on the 17 year olds...er...

spent the last hour using my passable spanish charming the socks off of two travel agency ladies to help get some seriously screwed up reservations made better. Think I just pulled off the single biggest audible even known. Wait till you see where we´re staying tonight, assuming the Rev can get in. It´s snowing like nutz here, the mountain was still closed when I left at 11am, after going up early to score the fresh. Tomorrow is going to be insane if there´s any visibility.

No sign of Cornhole, no emails, nada. But maybe that means he´s on a plane en route. Anyway, more to come, with pics, late tonight, I think. Or perhaps after tommorow skiing, we´ll see.

Off to pick up the Rev, assuming the flights are able to get in. Nearly died in the Fiat this morning on the way up to the mountain, good times, good times.

I´ll say hi to Gunnar if I see him in the next couple days.

cletus, out.

ha
    planes diverted, too much snow in bariloche
    at airport now, planes should be able to get in now, has cleared up after puking right when Rev and Corn were scheduled to arrive
    un chiste grande
    esta bien, I was able to get a lot of little things done, and I made friends with the Hertz ladies

Yos is taking his pimp game international and bi-lingual. Kicking it in third world country in the begining of Sept during dump, waiting to pick up ski friends from the internet. Life is good. Say hi to the Hertz ladies for me. Get those guys and go kill it tomorrow and for god sakes man, take some pics.

and I made friends with the Hertz ladies
    Just don't give them your Rock face and you'll be alright.

It´s snowing like nutz here, the mountain was still closed when I left at 11am, after going up early to score the fresh. Tomorrow is going to be insane if there´s any visibility.
    Bzzzt. Thank you for playing. Took a chance around 10 or 11 and went up the hill for a couple of gaper laps. They eventually opened up Condor II and the six pack started kicking around 1. I randomly met up with this kick ass tele skier from Durango named Thor. We found a killer stash and milked the shit out of it all day. Best part, it just kept getting deeper. First lap was shin to knee deep. On the last lap at 5, I was down in it to my waist. Fucking sick day. And the top wasn´t even open! Oh and I even jumped off of something without displaying my normal Xover style airborne steeze.

Got your note, I´ll see you suckas in the queue. Tomorrow´s gonna be nuts!!! Get some!!!!
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

Thanks for the updates - that sounds so friggin great - holy shit...
    "When restraint and courtesy are added to strength, the latter becomes irresistible."
    Mohandas Gandhi

Originally posted by Arty50
    Bzzzt. Thank you for playing. Took a chance around 10 or 11 and went up the hill for a couple of gaper laps. They eventually opened up Condor II and the six pack started kicking around 1. I randomly met up with this kick ass tele skier from Durango named Thor. We found a killer stash and milked the shit out of it all day. Best part, it just kept getting deeper. First lap was shin to knee deep. On the last lap at 5, I was down in it to my waist. Fucking sick day. And the top wasn´t even open! Oh and I even jumped off of something without displaying my normal Xover style airborne steeze.

Got your note, I´ll see you suckas in the queue. Tomorrow´s gonna be nuts!!! Get some!!!!
    Hey, I'm guessing Thor is a early 20's kid? Thor Lee, I think his dad's name was Lee, otherwise he might have taken his Mom's name. Dad is a great carpenter, Mike.

Kid is a ripper for sure if so, and a great guy to boot. One of my first jobs was babysitting him and his sis, when they were kids.
    Keep a roll of duct tape nearby, the kid breaks gear quicker than it can come out.
    Tell him Cooley said hello if you see him again.

Jealousy.
    Skiing, where my mind is even if my body isn't.

Nice! Glad its all coming together for yous guys.

One question though, when did BumZ get down there or is that his twin in the phone booth.
    steezarific!!

sweeeeet. wish i was still down that way..

Hey look, it's Burt Renolds younger brother.

https://www.tetongravity.com/usergall...%201%20004.jpg
    You are what you eat.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    There's no such thing as bad snow, just shitty skiers.

Wink

Originally posted by CaddyDaddy77
    Hey, I'm guessing Thor is a early 20's kid? Thor Lee, I think his dad's name was Lee
    Lee Lee. That's cute.

Thumbs up

You're giving me a big smile here, Cletus. Keep it up!

And choke on some powder for me.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Originally posted by hardrider
    One question though, when did BumZ get down there or is that his twin in the phone booth.
    what he said.

Thumbs up

you are the fackin' mang!

Yeah Yos,

Sweet thread! Get some for the gang back home!It was hot today,scoping your thread cooled me off!
    Calmer than you dude

Boy do I wish I could be in a manwich with the boys in the little shack!

Originally posted by LAN
    Boy do I wish I could be in a manwich with the boys in the little shack!
    Disturbed Nurse Post Preservation Service

Talking

Originally posted by meatdrink9
    Disturbed and Super Drugged Nurse Post Preservation Service
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy