Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

BroModel Advance Purchase Info/Topsheet Announcement

It’s time. PM Gear is proud to announce a totally maggot price for advance purchase of the BroModel, our new kickass powder ski that slays every condition the mountains can serve up. The ski discussed amongst Maggots for years, designed, built, and field-tested by Maggots, creams powder and every other snow variable on the mountains. A 188 length with a shallow sidecut for steeps (125-99-114), the BroModels possess the maneuverability and edging of a shaped ski, arc long turns like a GS ski, and maintain the stability of a downhill ski. All in one pair of boards.

It is stiff, yet provides the versatility and turning of a much softer ski due to a unique tip construction stable enough to mach without deflection, but soft enough to engage flex throughout the entire ski. Damp and stable for high speed railing, a thicker core underfoot and two layers of vibration dampening rubber in the ski make it feel thinner and longer, but it's not. With enough square inches underfoot to float the deepest lightest powder on the planet, the BroModel has burly Rockwell 48 edges and will have a thicker black sintered base than almost every ski on the market. And at half the price of it's nearest competitor, there will be no comparison in either price or performance.

For the next 20 days, Maggots can purchase the ski for $450, plus shipping. BroModels will be shipped late September/October before the season begins. Prices after this period will be $535, sorry, no exceptions can be made after that date (8/20/04), as the ski will likely be sold out in short order due to the limited production.

The topsheet design the BroModel will bear is MD9’s blue topsheet (displayed below) with the plane on the tip. The worldwide brotherhood responsible for the origin of this ski is communicated in the world pattern on the skis. It is an instrument of peace, brotherhood, and flying through the mountains on snow for the love of all life and the pursuit of ecstasy. And a tribute to the brotherhood of skiers here.

BroModels will carry a one-year warranty, listed below in really small print.

Anyone on this board who wants to secure a pair of Bromodels can Paypal $450 plus $20 for shipping to sales@pmgearusa.com. Please give us your full name and physical address, any comments, cookies, cake, sexual gratifications and the like in the comment box at the bottom of the Paypal payment page. Alaskan, Canadian, and European customers please contact us at info@pmgearusa.com for detailed shipping costs.

WARRANTY
    PM Gear warrants all products sold to be free of defects in material or workmanship for a period of one year from the date of purchase. If a product is found defective by PM Gear, in its sole discretion, PM Gear’s responsibility shall be limited to repair or replacement of the defective product. PM Gear will not be responsible for any costs, losses or damages incurred as a result of loss or use of product.

This warranty is subject to the following limitations in addition to any imposed by virtue of applicable law.
    1. The warranty applies only to PM Gear products purchased from said company and is valid for the original purchaser from said company only.
    2. All products returned to PM Gear for warranty inspection must receive prior return authorization given over the phone. Ship products freight prepaid and insured. PM Gear assumes no responsibility for products during shipment from the customer to our Warranty Department. Shipping charges are not refundable.
    3. Excluded from coverage under this warranty are the following:
    a. Damage caused by misuse, abuse or neglect.
    b. Damage caused by failure, improper mounting or adjustment of the bindings
    c. Normal wear and tear.
    d. Damage caused by anything other than defects in material or workmanship.
    e. Damage caused by use of solvents, adhesives or LOC-TITE®.
    f. Damage caused by use on improper hardware for mounting bindings.

4. All coverage under this warranty is void if any modification, change or alteration has been made to the product that is not specifically authorized in writing by PM Gear.
    5. Repaired or replaced products are covered for the remainder of the original warranty only.
    6. All warranty claims must be accompanied by the original purchase receipt from customer of said company. Invoice or charge receipt must clearly identify the dealer.
    7. PM Gear products are not covered by any verbal warranties. ROCK DAMAGE AND ANY OTHER IMPACT RELATED DAMAGE IS NOT COVERED UNDER THIS WARRANTY. ALL WARRANTIES IMPLIED BY STATE LAW, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE HEREBY LIMITED TO THE DURATION OF THE WRITTEN WARRANTY. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. WITH THE EXCEPTION OF ANY WARRANTIES IMPLIED BY STATE LAW AS HEREBY LIMITED, THE FOREGOING EXPRESS LIMITED WARRANTY IS EXCLUSIVE AND IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, GUARANTEES, AGREEMENTS AND SIMILAR OBLIGATIONS OF MANUFACTURER OR SELLER. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE. SKIING IS AN INHERENTLY DANGEROUS SPORT. PURCHASORS ASSUME ALL LIABILITY AND ACKNOWLEDGE THE RISK OF PARTICIPATING IN SKIING ON PM GEAR PRODUCTS AND EXEMPT PM GEAR FROM ANY LIABILITY UPON PURCHASE OF PM GEAR PRODUCTS.

Ski Guidelines

Covered
    · Structural cracks on fiberglass top sheet, base, core, edge, sidewall and inserts.
    · Lamination failure of top sheet, base, sidewall, edge, tip and tail protectors.
    · Core expansion.
    Not Covered
    · Any problem resulting from misuse, abuse, impact or neglect.
    · Cosmetic issues including discolored graphics, top sheet dents or chips, edge oxidation.
    · Base dimples in binding insert area.
    · Ski damage resulting from improper mounting of bindings, the use of incorrect mounting hardware.
    · Damage caused by any ski modifications, including altering or defacing the serial number.
    · Scratches resulting from billy-goating, including stoving in of edges from hitting rocks, core shots, or jumps in excess of 200 feet.

Please keep in mind that PM Gear is a Maggot-owned company and, although we have to state these crude rules in our warranty, we are still Maggots with the same attitude of brotherly devotion you will only find amongst fellow Maggots.

The Topsheet:

Sorry, Beav. No FKNA this go-around. Schuss - name your number, between 1-50.

Sorry to hear that, Yo, but seeing as how we build each pair by hand without the schwank setting of an automated mega-factory to crank out thousands of pairs, our costs run a bit higher than the corporate big-guys.

Cool, Yo. Just to answer a couple questions poised so far....

If things go well on this first 50 pair, we might be able to do a second run of 50 more. If we do, we might be able to vary the size next year. Spicoli - 69 got taken within 30 seconds of posting. But we could probably do two 69's in the first run.
    What the hell. We're maggots, not industrialists.

Lego - yes.

Originally posted by gonzo
    In. Can I get #3?

Hi Splat.
    Yo Gonz! Done.

Just checked Paypal and it's official, Gonz.

You just bought the first pair of BroModels.

Congatulations!!!!!!!

No Ka Oi's - 84 underfoot
    BroModels - 99 underfoot

Bigger platform, carve easier, float waaay better, easier to handle due to the length. They don't demand the total race form NKOs demand, though the Bros love it when you put that form into them. They won't springboard in a tight chute due to excessive sidecut leaving you on your tips and tails.

More user friendly.

You know I love my NKOs, but I'd ski the Bro's before I'll even think of taking the NKOs out again. I thought alot about the NKOs while testing the Bros. The carving ability, the stiffness. We have put all that, plus a whole lot more into the Bros. Did I mention DAMP?

As for your Spatulas, they're GREAT, but not every single day of the year.

NKO carve a more specific radius. And yes they rail. But we somehow hit the magic nail on the head and created a ski that will rail any radius you ask it to. It has exceeded our expectations immensely.

Originally posted by iceman
    splat, you had me from the word "bro"
    And that is why I love you, my brutha from another mutha.

You got 'em.

edit: AltaPowderDaze - #11 for is reserved for you.

Oh, Shit - things is happening fast.....sorry, APD.

Gotta give THE MANG first choice on that number.
    .................................................. ............................Second Choice?
    Thanx, Yo!

I do believe 25 is open, Crash.
    But you got me thinkin about a FKNA on the sidewalls.....................

Make sure to review the numbers requested in this thread and make a note of your number request on the Paypal page, please.

edit: Oh, Arty, you already know what's gonna happen when I let you borrow mine.

Originally posted by PulverSchwein
    They are the stiff ones, eh splat? The large ones, the heavy ones, which hurt!

How stiff are they compared to a G4? I'm planning on picking up a set of super fat sticks for this winter for sure. You guys pulled something really cool off here and I'd love to support the BroModel but it's got to be the right one for me.

I'm 6' and 190lbs, no superstar but very solid. I split my ski days either maching WB bowls and steeps or else romping through tight pow trees. I want something stable at speed but fairly quick underfoot. The BroModels dimensions are right where I want them to be ~100mm underfoot)

So my G4s kick ass for the fast hard skiing but they are a little slow underfoot and just tougher to turn fast in the trees than other skis I've tried and have interest in. What's the word? Is the Bro gonna dance for me or am I going to have to throw them around even harder than the G4?
    Throw around?????? No freakin way. Stiff enough??? Yes it is.

Originally posted by PowderPig
    First post here, although I've been following the discussions for some time now...
    To celebrate this I'm going to get a new pair of skis!
    Splat, please reserve BroModel #42 for me. Sending money asap.
    FKNA! Welcome aboard!

Got it, Buck. You're in. I'll see about that reciept.

We'll put it either on the sidewall or on top under the boot.

For you guys with Aussie or Euro or Canadian addresses with shipping cost questions -

We need your address and postal codes to calculate the costs.

thanx.

Verbier 61 - got your email. No problem. I'll get back to you.

Yo, Guys!!!!! Just swamped here at PMG World HQ with PM's and emails. Sorry if we haven't gotten back to you with complete details on shipping costs yet, but I'm all over it after a couple phone calls to Germany, Italy, and Australia.

Simon- what's your phone #?

We just determined our package size and weight (OH YEAH, BABY!) and will get the quotes to all the far off addies today.

splat

ice - we're at about 20 right now with many orders not yet in.

comish - we're starting next week. could theoretically have some for you and a couple of the guys heading across the pond by end of month. We're hauling ass to get four pair to take to Argentina for publicity and magazine shots and can hopefully have a few extra pair for guys like you who can save a bundle on shipping. I'll know for sure by next Wednesday.

basom - Aw, c'mon, my cliff-hanging partner going without?
    I won't stand for it!

truth - you're in.

mtnlion - pm sent

Verbier61 - calling you soon.

Originally posted by Rusty Nails
    paypal sent. Let me know ya got it. I'll take 007.

FKNA (can't believe that is not on the ski somewhere...)

Rusty
    Got it, Rusty. And I agree on the FKNA gotta go on the ski, so in the serial #'s is a good place.

Go it, Lumpy!

Yep. Looks like Paypal is doing fine. I don't want to post everyone's real names up here, cause that's how the payments come in through Paypal. I'll try to catch up and do a short confirmation to everyone by day's end.

-splat

We're not ready to do die-cuts yet. They are problematic and expensive as hell. We're looking at screenprinting on clear bases for the future, though. Even Burton has quit diecutting their boards, from what I've heard, and are going to printed bases.

edit:
    Update on overseas shipping: can do seven day deliveries through DHL to Europe and Australia for $80. I still have to check with the US Postal Service for slow-boat rates. If $80 is good for any of you guys, yu can just add that in for your shipping rates, but I'm still checking for longer timeframes to get cheaper rates.

Originally posted by splat
    Got it, Lumpy!