Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Legend Pros vs. BroModel

Opinions?

Looking for something with a mild twintip (or larger but i dont want a ski that skis like my scratch bcs). So that helps out the LP and the wizard (impossible to find) xploder. How does the bromodel ski compared to the xploder specifically?

Note: I've only skied the Xploder of these three... just reading about the LP and comparisons to others skis I have liked has made me very interested in it.

Side note: Where can I demo LPs (186) and BroModels this next season?
    Last edited by seldon; 07-31-2004 at 02:12 AM.

Call dynastar direct and ask them where the nearset shop that'll have demos is--1-800-992-3962

Edit--they still feel forward when centered so when you demo slide em back one or two settings.
    Last edited by AltaPowderDaze; 07-21-2004 at 01:55 PM.

I actually like the forward feeling after skiing on me scratch BCs - I like the kick in the tail feeling [/EPICSKI].

Thanks for the number!

are xploders and bro twintips?

expolsiv's have a little turn up at the tail, but not true twin. don't know about the bros, but am considering picking up a pair if the reviews come back good.

As for the dynastar #---I wrote it down in about six places so i wouldn't lose it. those shop guys wont usually give it out and you can't find it on the web anywhere. not even their site... go figure. guess after they sell you skis they don't want to hear from you.

when landing on the lp's center mounted i felt forward and likewise had to adjust. consider the stormriders too.

Originally posted by AltaPowderDaze
    expolsiv's have a little turn up at the tail, but not true twin.
    not all of them. Some have not. Look at the post by DJsapp here:

http://tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1690

the bromodel has a slightly flared twin, say like, a G4 or something, whereas the exploder last year was flat.

seldon -- you can probably demo the bromodel at KW this year if you can wait that long. It's stiffness will be very comparable to the xploder and lp

Originally posted by Tyrone Shoelaces
    the bromodel has a slightly flared twin, say like, a G4 or something, whereas the exploder last year was flat.
    BTW, Tyrone...... HAPPY BIRTHDAY

heh...thanks mang.

Shoe,
    I'm waiting till the season to pick up a pair of whatever I go for. Happy birfday mang!

Verbier619219291291-

I mentioned the "wizard (impossible to find) xploder" specifically because it has a twin. I already knew that the current and the CMH xploders don't have twins .

Originally posted by seldon

Verbier619219291291-
    I mentioned the "wizard (impossible to find) xploder" specifically because it has a twin. I already knew that the current and the CMH xploders don't have twins .
    HA! you're right! beg your pardon!
    BTW, never tried the wizards, but for any given reason they had a terrible press here in EU. Some wrote they were the only dull version of the xploders....

how d'you know 619219291291 is the mobile of my secret femme??

She's your secret femme too?

That cheating bitch.

^^

I've narrowed it down to Legend Pro vs. Bromodel. I'm currently on 176 Scratch BCs which are too pansy-short for me... not enough stability and not enough float really given that I'm 155-165 and 5'10". So I'm not really sure if a 188 would completely overpower me in the BroModel?

Or would the 186 LP also completely ownerize my nether regions?

It's frikin frustrating that I'm not gunna be able to try either of these skis before I spring - especially if I want to get in on the $450 maggotized price for the bromodel. GRRRR.....

The BroModels will prolly be more user friendly than the LP's, even though they are longer. If it's a one ski quiver they will float better too, not to mention being a lot cheaper than the LP's. If I had that kinda choice I'd go with the BroModels.

Hope that helps,
    Ben

Originally posted by glademaster
    The BroModels will prolly be more user friendly than the LP's, even though they are longer.
    Why?

Originally posted by phUnk
    Why?
    Because
    My Montana has an East Infection

Thanks phUnk. You're my heeeeero.

edit for another question:

Which of the two will be more generally versatile? These will be my one ski quiver so they have to do well on hardpack, pow, ice, crud, bumps (yes, bumps), etc. Pow and crud is a given for these two, but how do they hold up in the rest comparatively?
    Last edited by seldon; 07-30-2004 at 02:01 PM.

damn i was selling a pair of legends in april, why did the hipe wasn't there then seldon. get in contact with the shop in september last time i checked there were 2 pairs left. not that cheap though. drop an e-mail at the boss. at www.daniellachanceskiservice.com

the legends pro are probably the nicest feeling ski i rode in a while. same feeling as old p30rc but fat and delaminating.
    shut up and ski

I don't think they're gonna demo the lps any more. the rep told me that they couple pairs with core shots and they weren't gonna demo then any more. but that may have just been for last season.

bizzump for more opinionumps?

Originally posted by verbier61
    are xploders and bro twintips?
    Bro tails turn up a bit more than exploders.

Originally posted by phUnk
    Why?
    Because we stole the best of their steeze, along with a few tidbits from other legendary skis.

Talking

Originally posted by splat
    Because we stole the best of their steeze, along with a few tidbits from other legendary skis.
    Oh my...
    OOOOOOOHHHH, I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!

BakerBoy was almost in on the heist.

(BB - that actually worked out real nice, with a little tweak)

And if you were calling me for spewing vague BS, I'll throw out another example or two-

Spats drilled me to extend the sidecut beyond the end of the effective edge, into the tip curvature, similar to the Beast's tip, but not as pliable. I like what it does.

Right from the start, we kinda thought we'd split the difference between the W105 and the LP. And it's almost exactly where we
    ended up, in terms of dimensions.

We liked the Exploders rounded tail, but we're doing it with a one-seam edge all the way around the ski. Might adjust that to a pintail metal alloy tail insert, ala the 4X4 Big.

Oh, yeah, Buster suggested softening up a sweet spot in the tip of the stiffies, to hook up the sidecut....it worked.

The NKO's 6000 base.......

Now I know why Nobis called his the Inspired.

That's why this ski is Maggot Inspired

hey splat,
    Did you play with the mounting point on the bro's at all? I like to ski most short skis back by about 1cm. I was just wondering if you had any input as to the performance of the ski when mounted back. I don't mind losing a little turn radius out of the ski, but want to make sure I don't lose too much float in the tail.