North of South, South of North, West of East

EC Mags, need a weekend getaway? (Paging Iceman)

I just received this from a relatively reputable source: $40 RT air from Independence Air, espcially looks like they want a piece of the action from y'all in the DC area.

"From: Rick Delisi [mailto:Rick.Delisi@flyi.com]
    Sent: Friday, June 11, 2004 10:59 AM
    Subject: Special Offer to Friends of Independence Air Team Members

Greetings to Everyone I've Ever Met In My Entire Life:

As you can probably imagine, all of us at INDEPENDENCE AIR are pretty excited about our new service at Washington Dulles. We're ready to start flying in less than a week--June 16th. As part of the inaugural celebration, everyone on the Independence Air team is allowed to invite all our personal friends and family to fly to any of our first nine launch destinations for just $40 roundtrip (plus whatever taxes the government feels compelled to add) but ONLY during our first two weeks of service from June 16-30.

Forty bucks roundtrip! That ain't bad!

Here's how it works:
    --From 6/16-30 you can fly to/from Washington Dulles, Atlanta, Newark, Boston, Raleigh or Chicago
    --From 6/23-30 you can fly to/from any of the above cities PLUS White Plains (NY), Columbia (SC), Portland (ME) or Norfolk

If any of this sounds good, here's what you do:

--Call our toll-free reservation number 1-800-FLY-FLYi (800-359-3594)

--Tell the reservations folks you want the "Friends & Family Promotion"

--Tell 'em you know me: Rick DeLisi

--Tell 'em my employee number: 13229

--Select from the available flight(s) between 6/16-30 (not every single flight is available, but you’ll have a good selection to choose from)

--Make a reservation (this is NOT stand-by or anything like that, this is a CONFIRMED reservation)

--You can fly as often as you like to as many places as you like, with as many people as you want to include

Why are we doing all this? Because starting on June 16th, we're finally gonna start writing our own rules about how air travel ought to work. We're sick and tired of the way the airlines have treated people in the past and we're determined to be the airline that finally gets it right. Flying should be fast, easy and fun. Fares ought to be fair, and you should be treated like a welcomed guest. So we want to welcome our own friends as our first guests!

PLEASE FEEL FREE to pass this email along to your circle of family and friends. You can FWD:FWD:FWD this to anyone and everyone. Go ahead!

If you have any questions about all this, give me a call at the office or send an email to rick.delisi@FLYi.com

If you want more information about what Independence Air is all about, please visit our website at www.FLYi.com

I hope you get a chance to take advantage of this two-weeks-only offer. Even if you weren't planning on flying anywhere in the next couple of weeks, what the heck, for $40 roundtrip, you might as well just pick a destination and GO. Have fun!

Rick DeLisi
    Director of Corporate Communications
    (703) 650-6019 "
    Last edited by teledave; 06-12-2004 at 01:42 PM.
    I should probably change my username to IReallyDon'tTeleMuchAnymoreDave.

40 bucks round trip to boston is cheaper than gas flying there. Any DC mags up for a soxs game?

Hmmmm, was planning on going to Boston in two weeks for the Phils vs BoSox. This may be a good alternative to driving there. Thanks for the hookup!

B)

North of South, South of North, West of East
    Also, they are looking for input on where to expand West Coast service to, so go here (flyi-destinations) and tell them where you want West Coast service expanded to. My votes went to Denver, SLC, Reno, and Vancouver, but feel free to suggest anything you want. I would probably behoove all of us as maggots to respond with like destinations since I am sure that they are tallying votes to decide where to go next.

What I'm saying is that even if you are not at all interested in Independence Air, a few thousand maggots votes could make a difference in where they fly to making cheap airfare available to those of us that have to fly around a bit.
    I should probably change my username to IReallyDon'tTeleMuchAnymoreDave.

I shot them an email with those destinations plus a few more:
    Vancouver
    San Fran
    LA

B)

bump for cheap flights ^^^^