Last Week's deadly Skiing Accident (Link to Report)

Today I happened to talk to a very good bud of mine who lives in the Milwaukee area (a badass skier, btw). Upon asking me whether I heard about the teenage racer's accident last week in the US I replied all I am aware of is what has been posted in this forum an on a racer's board over here. He gave me a link which I thought I post it here for those who might be interested in more details.

click here..

According to the report, a lacking suction device and a following cardiac arrest might have significantly contributed to the fatal outcome. Really sad.

WTF? What kind of medical helicopter wouldn't have a suction device? They at least should've had a handheld in one of their bags. Airway, airway, airway.

Unhappy

There was a thread about this eariler, but nothing that went into as much detail as that article did. Thanks for posting it. It's really sad what happened....

I do not know where the writer of this article received their information. i was on the mountain when the accident occured . I know the patrolers who responded well. I can tell you this, there is and was suction here at the mountain (we have a full medical clinc) and I can also state that Life Flight has full advanced life support including suction. This is a very unfortunate accident. The article though well written draws heavily on emotion. Maybe that is what sells hometown press. All press releases were from US Skiing. The tradgedy is trying to assign blame when there is none. This was an accident. They happen.
    The snow doesn't give a soft white damn whom it touches.
    ~ e.e. cummings

Unhappy

so tragic.
    Craig Kelly is my co-pilot.

Buy Your Lift Tickets in Advance and Save

Originally posted by bdog
    I do not know where the writer of this article received their information. i was on the mountain when the accident occured . I know the patrolers who responded well. I can tell you this, there is and was suction here at the mountain (we have a full medical clinc) and I can also state that Life Flight has full advanced life support including suction. This is a very unfortunate accident. The article though well written draws heavily on emotion. Maybe that is what sells hometown press. All press releases were from US Skiing. The tradgedy is trying to assign blame when there is none. This was an accident. They happen.
    This makes alot more sense.

Originally posted by flykdog
    This makes alot more sense.
    Agreed!