Thread: Lumbar Issues?

Lumbar Issues?

Anybody else got a bad back in the L4/L5 area?
    Does it give you hip issues?

yeah, yeah...

Who woulda guessed?

Yeah, the hip flexors are affected by the nerves in that area. I have a girlfriend who is an orthobionomist that can cure it, but unless I keep my core strong, it keeps coming back. FnS - suckin in the gut, rolling the pelvis up and flattening my spine in that area seems to be helping considerably. My L5 is almost half an inch toward my belly button. It's exactly as you describe, but mine has lasted for months, if not years. I just had prolotherapy injections into the area to see if that will help. That was yesterday. I'll let you know how it worked. This is similar to my thoracic verts affecting my stomach via the nerves that go there.
    Skuff - I know that book well. It' been around over 25 years. I have been lazy by allowing myself to be consumed with business and not doing my body maintenance and now I am paying for it.
    Some things just can't end, Irul. But during those times when it actually slows me down, I've perfected my Gspot technique to keep the girls happy.

fairly large, but all the injuries don't make for a smooth curve

After prolly a million-plus in hospitalization, drs, mri's, etc., ect., I realize there is no such thing as rehab, only me-hab. It is my responsibilty to heal myself through the food I eat, excercise, and the alternative methods of healing I have found that work. S0, I'm right in tune with what you speak, Vin.

Quote Originally Posted by lemon boy
    splat this may be overly obvious but do you have good (custom) footbeds in your everyday shoes?
    No, I don't, LB. Thanks for reminding me, cause I have wickedly fucked up feet that I spend all my money on to get ski boots to fit.

Did you get cortisone shot in there, skibumtress?

Just a recap on the prolo therapy I had done on both my thoracic and lumbar - I don't know how much good it did me. I went skiing at Mammy on the 4th and was a bit wrecked when I got there and worse when I got home. Both areas were killing me, but I had basically just got up from three weeks in bed with an intestinal infection and skied. Prolly not the best move on my part.
    Been hitting the gym and got the lumbar back in shape, but I have that 'knife stuck in my back feeling' by the thoracics I've broken. It goes away for about 30 minutes after my workouts, then comes back. Just trying to isolate what's causing it. Prolly sitting at the computer....