Page 11 of 252 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sierra Cement View Post
    now warm back up for another month.
    No kidding. Is it wrong, as a skier, for me to be wishing so hard for a late winter?

damn boys... now that's how you spend an October..

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    No kidding. Is it wrong, as a skier, for me to be wishing so hard for a late winter?
    Yes, it's wrong. But at least it's just one of many wrong things.

You guys are all super nerds

Ahhhhhh just so nice to make some turns at Rose the last few days. Don't get me wrong, I love summer patch skiing, but nothing beats fresh smooth new snow!

Quote Originally Posted by guermo View Post
    Ahhhhhh just so nice to make some turns at Rose the last few days. Don't get me wrong, I love summer patch skiing, but nothing beats fresh smooth new snow!
    Nice Guermo! That reminds me of some the pics you've taken on Rose for the last four or five years!
    Last edited by Creeker; 10-07-2010 at 12:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Creeker View Post
    Nice Guermo! That reminds me of some pics you've taken on Rose for the last four or five years!
    minus the whole picking rocks out of the base of his board afterwards!

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post

That is all.

i lied, that was not all

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    minus the whole picking rocks out of the base of his board afterwards!
    Actually didn't hit any rocks... the first nights snow froze underneath the next nights snow, quite a nice surface. Kinda surprised someone like you would criticize, you seem like you are pretty into all year earn your turns.

Damn, pdork, that looks down right mid winterish (up top at least). The bottom rock and grass slides had me just as entertained! Think the top will stick around for a while?

Also, there is a short article on sacbee.com today about the trail being closed to the top of Lassen because of 4 foot drifts already! Any eyewitnesses to that?
    "Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will..."

Uh, maybe I'm wrong, but I interpreted Schralph's comment to mean that unlike the past few years, you didn't have to pick rocks out of the base of the board this year.
    not counting days 2016-17

Pure righteousness PowDork!

I guess this means that me 'n Vets skied on the last official day of the 2009/2010 season, eh? ([ame="http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201680"]TR: Dunderberg Five-Oh, 10/3/10 - Teton Gravity Research Forums[/ame])
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

i lied, that was not all
    NICE! I liked the video through the trees and over the rocks. Looks like it was 100 times better then the skiing I did this season....which is none.
    Fighting foot fungus one public bath house at a time!

My site

Quote Originally Posted by The Dad View Post
    Uh, maybe I'm wrong, but I interpreted Schralph's comment to mean that unlike the past few years, you didn't have to pick rocks out of the base of the board this year.
    Yeah I think you are right. Sorry schralph I was in a bad mood when I wrote that, found out this morning that my local backcountry ski hut was torn down over the summer. It was 95 years old and one of my favorite places in the world!

No worries, I was talking about stuff like this since every late Sep or early Oct you are the first one to post pics of riding on Rose:

2007 - [ame="http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95426"]TR - Day one Tahoe - Teton Gravity Research Forums[/ame]

definitely not a criticism since I've posted pics like this before!

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Ha ha, yeah both of those photos - yours and mine crack me up!
    Sorry to misinterpret your post, cheers.

i lied, that was not all
    Looks like some fun was had. My skis are very happy they are still hanging up in the garage. I would have been foolish enough to follow you to the bottom.

Looks like some good stuff. And the MJO continues to strengthen. Another week of warmth, then, perhaps, I'll be ready for an autumn suffer fest.

That is pretty awesome, Im so ready for winter, thanks for making me salivate.
    Hello darkness my old friend

Wonder if anyone made the run up Freel this a.m. I thought about it, but the super warm temps and noticeable evidence of high rain detered me to my backup plan as I crested Luther Pass this morning. Yesterday, Powdork and I wondered if we could get up the Hawkins Peak access road like we did the backside of Freel. Not wanting to ski shit snow where we had scored oh so brilliantly the day before, and knowing I could get over 9k and hopefully up to 10k, I went for it only to find a closed gate. Stubborn as I am I continued up the road booting then skining for a while and found some really interesting plaster type snow like my buddy said he's skied at rose the past few days. Still worthy and so sick to have the option of going for a skin and making some turns, but the tops of everything were socked in and viso was next to nothing-hence the shit pic I took to share. Our brief window may be done and it looks like summer again this weekend. So nice to get this little gift and go right back to warmth before the real season lays in....and more people bitch about the snow

TR and some more pics up on Unoffical Squaw about yesterday, which was much more akin to a midwinter ski that what was found Tuesday and today...and nice one on the vid pdork!

Freel kills it early season. The ground is perfectly smooth decomposed granite that requires 4" of snow. An 18" cover is damn near bottomless. You should be able to drive to the toe of the mountain down the fire road. I did it once and it was well worth it, the trees have a great pitch and nice chutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhelihiker View Post
    Freel kills it early season. The ground is perfectly smooth decomposed granite that requires 4" of snow. An 18" cover is damn near bottomless. You should be able to drive to the toe of the mountain down the fire road. I did it once and it was well worth it, the trees have a great pitch and nice chutes.
    that's what we did wednesday. it was the perfect set up since the snow level as just a tad above the roads highest point. does the gate close on the 15th?

i lied, that was not all
    So it's awesome first runs of the season and all, but I have to wonder if all the televisions in your house are mounted vertically.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerome View Post
    So it's awesome first runs of the season and all, but I have to wonder if all the televisions in your house are mounted vertically.
    nah, i just prefer that angle. to me it's more like what you see (or are focusing on) when you're skiing.

nah, i just prefer that angle. to me it's more like what you see (or are focusing on) when you're skiing.
    Sure. I think it would be fun to put together a vertical video. Tilt a video camera and video friends skiing fall lines. The video would have to be watched on a laptop on it's side or from the couch.

that's what we did wednesday. it was the perfect set up since the snow level as just a tad above the roads highest point. does the gate close on the 15th?

Im not sure how the gate works, We drove (got stuck every 100 yrds) out the road in March in my buddies pick up. Yet every time I sled out there I remember having to go up and around the gate.