Seven Springs....little ripper TR 12/20/08

Took my son Loghan (3.5) skiing for the first time ever on Saturday. He ripped it up. By the end of the second session he was skiing on his own.

Getting geared up:

You want me to do what with those?

Checking out the competition:

OK, I got one on.

Ready to go.

First Time

Chicks dig me

All alone

Kicking back apres ski

Courage + believe = life. Life is not about how many breaths you take. It's what you do with those breaths

FKNA! Nice job! How'd he like the first lesson? Was it a 1/2 day?
    washu feeze drive me to firenze?

He loved it. They have a great program at the Seven Springs. You drop them off at 8:30 they feed them break fast and then take them out from 10 - 11:30 od r so. Back in for lunch and play time and back out from 1 - 2:30 or so and then back in for a movie and a snack. You have to pick them up by 4:00. He is already asking when we are going back.
    Courage + believe = life. Life is not about how many breaths you take. It's what you do with those breaths

Sweet, good little kid stoke. Smiles are good. Our daughter just started too, but we haven't hit up one of the programs yet.

Congrats! looks like he had a great time! I sure hope when I have little ones they take to skiing like your little guy did.

Sweet kid stoke! Looks like your little guy rocked. Our little dude goes for his first lesson this weekend. He's super excited - his Dad is a bit nervous about the whole.

Cute kid and no wonder the girls are all over him.

try Steamboat some time. Another high-quality program for kids all ages.
    when not on the snow what else do i do...

http://www.jatho-craftsman.blogspot.com/

I learned at 7 springs and many years later my parents are still wondering if I will ever grow out of this skiing thing. make sure you are comfortable with that little tyke blowing off most responsibility for the better part of his adult life in pursuit of pow....wait you are posting on TGR....nevermind...proceed as planned.

Nice kid and seven springs stoke. I have some incredible memories at that place. We used to take the Wayne Wong ski bus every saturday morning . . . was my first taste of freedom. Little vert but a lot of lifts.

Thanks for sharing.
    "Don't tease me about my hobbies, I don't tease you about being an asshole"

behind a camera, making other people look good
    Quote Originally Posted by Neezer View Post
    Congrats! looks like he had a great time! I sure hope when I have little ones they take to skiing like your little guy did.
    seconded!

Same age I started, cool to see pics because I definitely don't remember it. Sounds similar to the kid's program they had at Alpine Meadows. I can't thank my Dad enough for tossing me on a set of sticks at that age. He is lucky to have you as a father.
    ((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

Between a rock and a soft place. Aberdare and The Brecon Beacons, Wales
    Fabulous. Just fabulous.

I started at that age, skied until 10. I started snowboarding at 12 and did that until I was 17 but something was always missing. When I was 20 I started skiing again and it made me feel like I was home again. Beware, he's already an addict.
    Forced days in bed this winter: 48
    Forced days on crutches/walker: 37
    I'M WALKING AGAIN!!!
    Days on snow: Are you kidding?

Very Cool. My twins ( 14 years old ) and I were at Seven Springs last weekend. We made our first trip there 10 years ago and now we travel the midwest and east coast living in hotels competing in local competitions. Boys took 1rst and 2nd at Line Rail Jam at Seven Springs.

Wait till little one gets to be about 9 and rips past you and you get this un-easy feeling that you will be playing catch-up from now on. Would not have missed any day skiing with kids for anything and yes they are addicted as much as Mom and Dad.

Nice! We just got skis for my 3 y.o. this past weekend. I'm going to try to get him out for the first time at a local hill next week. I'm super excited for it and at the same time quite nervous about him liking it. I don't want to start off on the wrong foot.
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiEvil View Post
    He loved it. They have a great program at the Seven Springs. You drop them off at 8:30 they feed them break fast and then take them out from 10 - 11:30 od r so. Back in for lunch and play time and back out from 1 - 2:30 or so and then back in for a movie and a snack. You have to pick them up by 4:00. He is already asking when we are going back.
    Nice! Snowbird has basically the same program, called Kinderbird, that both of my groms went through They're now 5 & 8 and it's hard to believe it'll be my daughter's 6th season on skis!

Quote Originally Posted by Lostinthetrees View Post
    Cute kid and no wonder the girls are all over him.

try Steamboat some time. Another high-quality program for kids all ages.
    Good to know about the 'Boat - I just looked at flights from DC to Hayden and they're going for under $200!
    Quote Originally Posted by spanky View Post
    Nice! We just got skis for my 3 y.o. this past weekend. I'm going to try to get him out for the first time at a local hill next week. I'm super excited for it and at the same time quite nervous about him liking it. I don't want to start off on the wrong foot.
    We still have the "Wormy" from our kids (the rubber band w/screws that holds the tips together) - I'll mail it to you if you want it.