Thread: Odermatt

Odermatt

With all the (well-deserved) attention Shiffrin's been getting this season it seems like maybe Marco Odermatt is getting overlooked a bit. He's had one Helluva year!

20 seconds in he bobbles but then makes an amazing recovery to go on and win his twelfth straight GS a few weeks back. (He did get a bit of help from the last two racers, but still, he came through, they didn't.)

He skied out in the last GS a week ago, otherwise with a win he would've had a perfect record for the season! Still, he finished the year with 4 globes!

The past is a foreign country; they do things differently there.

i was hoping, this is about a resort i haven't heard off!

Yeah, he's incredible. The season he put together this year is just bonkers. I read he's the 4th male skier to win 4 classifications in a year and the first since Herman Maier back in '01. Didn't come in 1st in only 1 of 13 GS races this year (Stenmark had a perfect season back in the day, but only 10 races.)

A couple years ago I was looking for a poster of him to put on my son's wall, but sadly hard to find ski posters anymore.

We were watching from the side of the course on Aspen, saw that mistake and the scramble on the road and said, wow, that was a great streak, too bad it ended... skied down into town. Overheard a few people coming down from the stands talking about the 'comeback' on the bottom... we were blown away

Odermatt is just killing it right now.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

This dude agrees with you. ;-)

The past is a foreign country; they do things differently there.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    We were watching from the side of the course on Aspen, saw that mistake and the scramble on the road and said, wow, that was a great streak, too bad it ended... skied down into town. Overheard a few people coming down from the stands talking about the 'comeback' on the bottom... we were blown away

Odermatt is just killing it right now.
    Same same. We were right on the finish line and the swing in emotions amongst the crowd was real. Dude is champion and made .50 sec disappear out of nowhere on the bottom of the course

An amazing string of 26 straight GS podiums snapped with that DNF at the finals. And his DH is just coming into form too.
    Move upside and let the man go through...