Thread: SKIWAYS

SKIWAYS

My idea: snowy ways connect cities and people with motor propelled skis can use them for transit - i can ski but not drive . while driving in school i started to make swinging moves to slow down - a habit from skiing !
    so if you learned one maybe you can´t learn the other
    most austrians can ski - so why not start SKIWAYS

Or perhaps SKIGAYS
    Just stick it in, and shoot your butty across town.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

OBF rules.

OBF, that would be an awesome idea!!
    The pacifists always lose, because the anti-pacifists kill them.

Thumbs up

Brilliant!!

Sprite
    "I call it reveling in natures finest element. Water in its pristine form. Straight from the heavens. We bathe in it, rejoicing in the fullest." --BZ

Quote Originally Posted by 0BernhardFranz View Post
    people with motor propelled skis can use them for transit
    I don't quite get it... please elaborate on the motorized propulsion of our skis. Goddammit Franz you just may be on to something here

This is an absolutely killer idea, except for the motor-propelled skis. I'd use jets or huge magnets.

OBF - have you ever considered running for public office?

I don't quite get it... please elaborate on the motorized propulsion of our skis. Goddammit Franz you just may be on to something here
    I believe such a thing already exists, I think they call them "snowmobiles," don't quote me on this though.

Jets would be a possibility.I thought you have like a sort of wheel in the back of the ski or front that sort of spinns with minishovels that dig on the snow like the wheel on a mississipi steamer but more robust say 15 cm in diameter and 20 thick - I am not sure about it.
    Maybe we need a sort of thing at the back of the ski that flattens the ground after the skier goes over it so you can use commen Skiways.
    I thought a solar panel backpack solar panel suit maybe little solar panel roof but most of all to use the surfaces of the ski with solar panels or use a small combustion motor or batteries or a combination.Could also have a sled option for small cargo maybe small casket on back of skis attacheble.
    But skisleds would be welcome on such roads.

Thank you very much for welcoming my idea.

You should PM Beaver.
    I believe he found some rocket-powered skis from a certain coyote he killed...

Great idea Bernhard! The way the Segway was supposed to revolutionize the way cities were planned, but this idea could actually do that!

I'd like to see it, but how do you propose to deal with the unfortunate increases in temperatures, limiting the season for skiways? Synthetic snow?

Wow. I am insanely impressed.
    Quote Originally Posted by TWINS View Post
    I love it when shitweasels get there panties all in a bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by smitchell333 View Post
    I'd like to see it, but how do you propose to deal with the unfortunate increases in temperatures, limiting the season for skiways? Synthetic snow?
    Actually, the Earth's magnetic poles are going to shift quite severely late in 2012, so warm temperatures are the least of our worries.

I still think using some sort of magnetic propulsion would be the best method of Skiway locomotion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    I still think using some sort of magnetic propulsion would be the best method of Skiway locomotion.
    that's one of the coolest things I've thought about in a long time... imagine being able to go touring with magnets to use magnetic pull to bring you to the summit!!!