Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Skis look great. Congrats on getting things up and running.
    My only peice of advice would be to tell us why your skis rock and leave the negative comments about other companies off of public forums. I will basically stop listening to reps who trash other companies. This is very unprofesional and I have not purchased/supported companies(reps) who use this tactic.
    Just my 2 cents.
    Again I am super pumped to see indie skis that look as sick as your products. Good luck and thanks for the passion!
    Oh and flame away for those who disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Melee View Post
    There are also other issues that come up do to full wrap edges on park skis specifically. Take a look at K2, its why they need rivets because their tips delam due to the full wrap K2's cant expand and contract as well thus resulting in a delam.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunder View Post
    Nope dude..... The edges only act as a wedge if you are not properly installing them on the ski... You have to take into account the height of the edge flange when you are preparing our laminate scheme. I.E. that mm or so needs some place to go.... preferably you take it out of the core. Take a thicker hardbound book. I.E, a physics book and slam it down on a hard surface, pay attention to how the top covers moves relative to the bottom. The edges really dont have anything to do about it. The problem lies in the amount of sheer force that your resin system can handle.
    This is compounded by the inconsistnacys of your wet out when pressing.
    Thanks for the point. I just want it to be known that the way we layup our edges on Moment Skis is the same way the rest of the industry lays in their edges. We do account for the edge in our sidewall thickness since that is what is above the edge, not the core.

As far as your textbook analogy goes we use top of the line epoxy.

Regardless of what brand of ski is used if you are a park skier and hit your edge spinning off a box/rail too fast your edge can and very likely will get hit inward towards the ski. It is not a perfect triangular wedge but it is forced in. This causes cracks in epoxy which lead to delams.
    My point was that by eliminating the edge from the tip and tail it allows for a much more durable and pliable surface to be hit, the base, fiberglass and tip/tail material.

Quote Originally Posted by jetski View Post
    Skis look great. Congrats on getting things up and running.
    My only peice of advice would be to tell us why your skis rock and leave the negative comments about other companies off of public forums. I will basically stop listening to reps who trash other companies. This is very unprofesional and I have not purchased/supported companies(reps) who use this tactic.
    Just my 2 cents.
    Again I am super pumped to see indie skis that look as sick as your products. Good luck and thanks for the passion!
    Oh and flame away for those who disagree.
    I am sorry and completely understand your point. My purpose of bringing up k2 was not to bash them, I think they are a great company and make great skis. I just wanted to talk ski design. I also gave praise to other companies in the sentences following:

If you look at an Armada ski they solve this problem by making a 4 piece edge.
    Bashing other companies is not and never will be our tactics. Sorry for making it look that way I just like using examples.

Thanks for the kind words.
    Last edited by Melee; 06-30-2007 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mc_roon View Post
    new graphics for the comis?

Yup, thats the graphic for 07/08.

What's the thought behind the very narrow slit in the Comi-Kazi's swallowtail? Or is the picture not to scale?
    not counting days 2016-17

Quote Originally Posted by alpinedad View Post
    What's the thought behind the very narrow slit in the Comi-Kazi's swallowtail? Or is the picture not to scale?
    The swallow tail is about 1" wide.

So only about 25mm of the 145mm width of the tail? I.e., there's still 120mm of surface area?

It seems to me that such a narrow space wouldn't let much snow through -- the same way that you get more float with your skis closer together than further apart. And, of course, any swallowtail compromises rigidity and possibly durability. But I'm a lawyer, not a ski designer. So I'm curious what the rationale is.
    not counting days 2016-17

Quote Originally Posted by alpinedad View Post
    So only about 25mm of the 145mm width of the tail? I.e., there's still 120mm of surface area?

It seems to me that such a narrow space wouldn't let much snow through -- the same way that you get more float with your skis closer together than further apart. And, of course, any swallowtail compromises rigidity and possibly durability. But I'm a lawyer, not a ski designer. So I'm curious what the rationale is.
    Our intention with the Comi-Kazi swallow tail is to maintain sidecut and running length, while allowing the ski to pivot better in the powder. Due to reduced stiffness and surface area it allows us to have a ski with a softer tail.

We have skied many many days on the Comi and know how it reacts. We are hoping by doing this to the Comi-Kazi we will get more float and still be able to maneuver it like the Comi.

Also, we have created a tail which should be extremely durable and we do not foresee it to be an issue.

Thanks for the interest and questions.

with the reno rocker, isn't there 1.5 cm of rocker in the tips and 1 cm of rocker in the tails?

sw4661 (11:19:09 PM): and llumwsihsafuha is a heavy laugh
    sw4661 (11:19:37 PM): laughing like ur mother when she inserted her spauk action figure up her ass
    sw4661 (11:19:40 PM): u never heard that one
    sw4661 (11:57:30 PM): i'll stab u
    www.myspace.com/burnyourashes1