Check Out Our Shop
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

New UT ski company: Bluehouse

www.bluehouseskis.com

A little short and skinny but...some people go for that so....
    "It is not the result that counts! It is not the result but the spirit! Not what - but how. Not what has been attained - but at what price.
    - A. Solzhenitsyn

187 and 134/103/122 is short and skinny? Seems pretty decent to me. A little turny, maybe.
    not counting days 2016-17

Bluehouse Ski Co. is well on its way to becoming a well respected industry participant along side other Utah companies like Black Diamond and Backcountry.com.

heh.

"well on its way" but hasn't produced a ski yet?

In related news, I'm getting my next pair of skis from these guys:
    http://www.myldsdirect.com/

anyone can start a ski company these days
    I’ve just decided to be a middle aged somewhat depressed somewhat anxious fucktard until the end.

Quote Originally Posted by alpinedad View Post
    187 and 134/103/122 is short and skinny? Seems pretty decent to me. A little turny, maybe.
    103 = midfat terrain...didn't you get the memo?
    "It is not the result that counts! It is not the result but the spirit! Not what - but how. Not what has been attained - but at what price.
    - A. Solzhenitsyn

They're putting up a 3 year warranty...they must feel they've got quality control down to a science... Anyway, it's good to see some more independent ski builders getting bold enough to sell their stuff...

I still can't figure out how Blue House Skis is "...well on its way to becoming a well respected industry participant along side other Utah companies.." before their skis hit the snow...but...let's see how they do...Bamboo cores seem to be in fashion these days...let's see how they hold up inside Blue House Skis....
    Mass-Produced Skiers Use Mass-Produced Skis
    Rip it up with something different.
    Support small and independent ski builders
    http://www.ExoticSkis.com

Quote Originally Posted by ExoticSkis View Post
    I still can't figure out how Blue House Skis is "...well on its way to becoming a well respected industry participant along side other Utah companies.." before their skis hit the snow...
    Well, moving out of the purely theoretical realm and into furture reality is a big step toward that goal. And yeah, a 3 year warrantly is pretty huge
    - A. Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by lemon boy View Post
    Well, moving out of the purely theoretical realm and into furture reality is a big step toward that goal. And yeah, a 3 year warrantly is pretty huge
    At a price point of $650 and $850 they're going to stay in the purely theoretical realm except, perhaps, at Snowbird and Deer Valley.

the DISTRICT

i've been riding the gotamas for the last couple years and no other ski has even tempted me. i must say, the DISTRICT looks like something to try out. if the bamboo cores are what they're supposed to be, i'll definitely be checking them out in a retail store asap. and yes, a three-year warranty adds a layer of comfort to any ski purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by ruined View Post
    i've been riding the gotamas for the last couple years and no other ski has even tempted me. i must say, the DISTRICT looks like something to try out. if the bamboo cores are what they're supposed to be, i'll definitely be checking them out in a retail store asap. and yes, a three-year warranty adds a layer of comfort to any ski purchase.
    What position do you have with the company? JONG.
    - A. Solzhenitsyn

If they can stand behind the three-year warranty, that doesn't seem out of line with pricing from other small production companies. They don't have the track record of some, of course, which affects confidence in both the product and the warranty.

I guess I better jump in here. We got our site up and running and announced it to a few friends and family. We didn't think it would get past that yet. We are planning an official launch early this fall but I guess word spreads fast when your small group of friends and family are all into the skiing scene.

As far as the
    "...well on its way to becoming a well respected industry participant along side other Utah companies.."
    We still have a long way to go and we know it. We're not trying to be more than we are. We do think we have an exceptional product and we stand behind it with our warranty.

We'll be posting more product shots and information as the summer progresses and we get closer to our launch.

We've been working on this for the past couple of years and are finally ready to get our skis out there.
    Let us know if you have any questions, comments or criticism. We need your input.
    Last edited by Bluehouse; 06-18-2007 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehouse View Post
    I guess I better jump in here. We got our site up and running and announced it to a few friends and family. We didn't think it would get past that yet. We are planning an official launch early this fall but I guess word spreads fast when your small group of friends and family are all into the skiing scene.

As far as the
    "...well on its way to becoming a well respected industry participant along side other Utah companies.."
    We still have a long way to go and we know it. We're not trying to be more than we are. We do think we have an exceptional product and we stand behind it with our warranty.

We'll be posting more product shots and information as the summer progresses and we get closer to our launch.

We've been working on this for the past couple of years and are finally ready to get our skis out there.
    Let us know if you have any questions, comments or criticism. We need your input.
    I gots mad innerweb search skillz yo!
    Last edited by lemon boy; 06-18-2007 at 03:04 PM.
    - A. Solzhenitsyn

you give me way too much credit. i've helped them with some of their copy work. my post is sincere.

Good luck. If you set up some demo days, you should let the assembled forced of Maggotry know so that we can kick the tires and argue about it incessantly.

Good luck. If you set up some demo days, you should let the assembled forced of Maggotry know so that we can kick the tires and argue about it incessantly.

We're going to line up as many demo days as possible. We're also planning on having a few pairs ready to go at all times if you ever see us on the hill (Usually Little Cottonwood)
    Last edited by Bluehouse; 06-18-2007 at 03:52 PM.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehouse View Post
    We're going to line up as many demo days as possible. We're also planning on having a few pairs ready to go at all times if you ever see us on the hill (Usually Little Cottonwood)
    Don't forget us in the other canyon please.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Cool. Other places with strong Maggot contingents that are likely to enjoy giving you feedback include, well, the usual suspects -- Colorado, Tahoe, the PNW, JH, Whistler and other locations in Canuckistan, etc. If you take a road trip, or decide to ship a couple of pairs for demos for a couple of weeks, I'm sure that there are Maggots in each location who'd be willing to caretake them. (There's a recent thread involving such a demo project with some of Moment's new skis.)

We will be in as many places as we can this year.
    We are starting small for our first official year with only 3 different sizes available but will get as many people as we can on them.

We have already started designing our skis for next season and will have a lot bigger selection. We are planning on more sizes of the current models as well as a fatter model (130ish waist) and a womens line.

Our skis are guided by the community so let us know what you want in a ski.

How are you handling construction/production?
    In house?
    Outsourced?
    domestic?
    thx.
    I’ve just decided to be a middle aged somewhat depressed somewhat anxious fucktard until the end.

We started out small and were going the garage production route but when we finally decided to get our skis to the masses we figured we didn't have the equipment to really insure the quality control that we and our future customers expected from our skis. We didn't have heated presses, CNC machines, etc. So we called up an old ski contact and arranged to use their equipment to produce our skis to our specifications. So we pressed some samples this past season and made sure they were to the standards we required. Our partnership with a major ski manufacturer has enabled us to produce top quality products that can be backed up by our warranty. They are designed in the Utah, pressed overseas then sent back to us to be finished in Utah. We have a Bluehouse employee at the factory overseeing production. Eventually we would like to move production to Salt Lake but we are at least a few years away from that.

"Overseas" meaning? Germany, France, Slovenia, China?

The production takes place in China

Cool. Other places with strong Maggot contingents that are likely to enjoy giving you feedback include, well, the usual suspects -- Colorado, Tahoe, the PNW, JH, Whistler and other locations in Canuckistan, etc.
    "187 and 134/103/122"

No thanks. Unless you like to turn a bunch. Not a good PNW crud/heavy pow ski.
    OOOOOOOHHHH, I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!

Any one see a likeness to kingswood skis, BlueHouse 187 134/103/122, KW midfat 185 130/104/118 and both with bamboo cores hmmm. Well good luck with that.

Quote Originally Posted by BakerBoy View Post
    "187 and 134/103/122"

No thanks. Unless you like to turn a bunch. Not a good PNW crud/heavy pow ski.
    hmmm, Too turny? Gots are "133-105-124" cant find the ski radius calculator but gots are supposed to be something like 28m (in 190) cant imagine the Bluehouse's to be under 21m, the FIS minimum for GSskis.
    I ski therefore I am.