How long is a 179cm K2 Hellbent??

Answer:

Tip to tail in a straight line = 183cm
    Base length = 187cm

Really interesting putting them back to back against the 179cm Seth - 4 or 5 cm difference.

I am REALLY tempted to get a set but am split on whether to get the 179 (187) or 189 (197?)

Has anyone here skied the 189?

How does the flex on the hellbents compare to the previously very noodly models it is replacing (AK, Seth, etc.)... is there a significant increase in stiffness?
    "Freeride is just an attitude, to go out in the mountains with no rules and do whatever feels sweet to you at the time." -Chris Davenport

Quote Originally Posted by dre66 View Post
    How does the flex on the hellbents compare to the previously very noodly models it is replacing (AK, Seth, etc.)... is there a significant increase in stiffness?
    it isn't replacing the seth, but I believe it is replacing the maden....and, it is softer than an 89 year old woman's ass...in a sauna...after eating 48lbs of pure lard...

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    it isn't replacing the seth, but I believe it is replacing the maden....and, it is softer than an 89 year old woman's ass...in a sauna...after eating 48lbs of pure lard...
    So that's why hop loves them so much...
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

If you flex the ski from tip to tail it is SOFT. But if you flex 20cm in from the tip and tail (the effective contact length) it is quite a bit firmer. After reading all the reports here it was definitely stiffer than I was expecting.

Quote Originally Posted by skea 457 View Post
    Answer:

Tip to tail in a straight line = 183cm
    Base length = 187cm

Really interesting putting them back to back against the 179cm Seth - 4 or 5 cm difference.

I am REALLY tempted to get a set but am split on whether to get the 179 (187) or 189 (197?)

Has anyone here skied the 189?
    It seems that they're measuring rockered skis as they ski instead of the traditional way. Its a good thought, but sorta subjective. Maybe it will help make manufacturers start making rockered skis that actually ski like something 190+. That'd be sweet.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

for some reason K2s always size longer than all the other brands. I didn't notice that till this year, though, but I have have just not noticed. what's the deal with that? where are they measuring from?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Arty50 View Post
    So that's why hop loves them so much...
    Why, because he loves 89 year old woman's asses...in saunas...after eating 48lbs of pure lard? That's one weird fetish, but oh well, sure.

FYI, I've heard rumors that a "Made'n like ski" is in the works at K2. After they pulled it they got a lot of people asking for it. They didn't realize the cult following the ski had acquired and are planning on bringing something very similar back.

K2 measures the running length of the edge that actually touches the snow, so there 179 will measure 183 or 184 compared with any other company. as a retailer its sort of weird, maybe its the right way to measure but nobody else does it so it is weird when comparing ski lengths for a customer.

Quote Originally Posted by meatdrink9 View Post
    FYI, I've heard rumors that a "Made'n like ski" is in the works at K2. After they pulled it they got a lot of people asking for it. They didn't realize the cult following the ski had acquired and are planning on bringing something very similar back.
    Could be the slightly rockered Maiden that seth used last year. His ski next year is rumored to be rockered.
    ROBOTS ARE EATING MY FACE.