Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Lightbulb Paging Utah Chute Skiers!

I am looking for people to ski snowbird's pipeline chute. I know I am new here, but I have read these forums for awhile now and would like to create a TR for a twin peaks hike. I know it is not exactly the craziest hike, but I think it would be fun if anyone wants in please let me know via p/m or e-mail or whatever :-).

Also, if anyone wants +1 for skiing in Utah, give me a shout. I just moved here and would love to find some people to ride with...

Jake

Quote Originally Posted by JakeCast View Post
    I am looking for people to ski snowbird's pipeline chute. I know I am new here, but I have read these forums for awhile now and would like to create a TR for a twin peaks hike. I know it is not exactly the craziest hike, but I think it would be fun if anyone wants in please let me know via p/m or e-mail or whatever :-).

Also, if anyone wants +1 for skiing in Utah, give me a shout. I just moved here and would love to find some people to ride with...

Jake
    p/m obernhardfranz...he knows all the gnarliest routes JONG

Sounds like a party to me, I'm game.

Ram it, Ram it, Ram it
    Ram it up your poop CHUTE

don't fool yourself girl, its winking at you
    . . .

Send BushwackerPA a PM. He works at the bird and just did the hike a few days ago. Posted a TR @ epic.
    This is the worst pain EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Send BushwackerPA a PM. He works at the bird and just did the hike a few days ago. Posted a TR @ epic.
    and here http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=82438

but I aint hiking with you till I ski with you and see what your all about.

off this sunday and monday. and FYI the hike up is and especially the down climb into pipeline are short but not particularly easy right now. give me a PM and we will ski together on sunday and go from there.

Wink

Yeah, you don't want to commit to something as remote and eXXXtreme as Pipeline without gelling with your ski partner for a few weeks.

that's pretty good, phunk.
    "When restraint and courtesy are added to strength, the latter becomes irresistible."
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by BushwackerinPA View Post
    and here http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=82438

but I aint hiking with you till I ski with you and see what your all about.

off this sunday and monday. and FYI the hike up is and especially the down climb into pipeline are short but not particularly easy right now. give me a PM and we will ski together on sunday and go from there.
    bushwackerinPA, can I go with ya when you do pipeline? I promise I will be extra nice and not cause any problems. I've been a very good boy this year. I haven't run into any skiers on my snowboard or anything.

Ok, seriously it is a line I have always wanted to do, but it has always been closed. Hit me up when you figure out when you are running it. My concern is the top. It looked pretty gnarly every time I have been up there this year..as in a rope might not have been a bad idea gnarly.

Edit: If you want to hit up some ski-mountaineering type stuff, I have been pretty curious about the line to the left of pipeline(that you can see from the lift) that cliffs out. I have plenty of rope to do the rappel at the end and would love to try that line down as well.
    Last edited by shmoesmith; 04-12-2007 at 01:41 PM.
    "JONG!!!!!" is the sound a lift tower makes when a gaper runs into it.
    -Observed at Brighton, UT

Days on snow 2007/2008 season
    Backcountry: 11
    Lift served: 11

OK, these are the 2 lines I want to try that are mentioned in the above post with a rappel at the bottom "why?" you might ask....because you can

How high are those cliffs?

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    How high are those cliffs?
    they are pretty big. Not sure on an exact height, but I have a 300' static 11mm line that I use for caving that I am sure would cover it.

Quote Originally Posted by shmoesmith View Post
    they are pretty big. Not sure on an exact height, but I have a 300' static 11mm line that I use for caving that I am sure would cover it.
    Just wondering if it could be done with out a rope. If less than 200ft then some one with much larger balls than me could probably send it on a really good day. And if its much larger someone (again with much larger balls than me) could mcconkey it. Just useless speculation

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    Just wondering if it could be done with out a rope. If less than 200ft then some one with much larger balls than me could probably send it on a really good day. And if its much larger someone (again with much larger balls than me) could mcconkey it. Just useless speculation
    Billy Poole (i think) got banned from the bird for hitting that line either last year or the year before. The cliff was not quite so big at the time.
    "If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough."

OK, these are the 2 lines I want to try that are mentioned in the above post with a rappel at the bottom "why?" you might ask....because you can
    Cool line, but I don't think SB patrol would go for it. Suppose you could always hide the rope/harnesses in your pack and deal with the consequences later.

bushwackerinPA, can I go with ya when you do pipeline? I promise I will be extra nice and not cause any problems. I've been a very good boy this year. I haven't run into any skiers on my snowboard or anything.

Ok, seriously it is a line I have always wanted to do, but it has always been closed. Hit me up when you figure out when you are running it. My concern is the top. It looked pretty gnarly every time I have been up there this year..as in a rope might not have been a bad idea gnarly.

Edit: If you want to hit up some ski-mountaineering type stuff, I have been pretty curious about the line to the left of pipeline(that you can see from the lift) that cliffs out. I have plenty of rope to do the rappel at the end and would love to try that line down as well.
    yeah I would love for you to join me but FYI technical although outbounds you are not allowed to do the face you speak of when using snowbird lifts to get u[ there, I will check back with patrol but alot of the twins is not allowed to be skied on the front side.

phunk its easy for anyone with a brain to get up there but the down climb in is pretty scary right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    Cool line, but I don't think SB patrol would go for it. Suppose you could always hide the rope/harnesses in your pack and deal with the consequences later.
    I dont have that option I work there. Soudns coll and if allowed I am only asking why not right now...

Wink

phunk its easy for anyone with a brain to get up there but the down climb in is pretty scary right now.
    what does this have to do with skiing? sounds like you should go climbing with him on sunday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen mental illness so faithfully rendered in html.

sledneckripper Guest
    Pipeline? HA.

Stupid Jong.

Head up to Cardiff and I'll show you some sickter hippy bashing terrain up there bro.

yeah I would love for you to join me but FYI technical although outbounds you are not allowed to do the face you speak of when using snowbird lifts to get u[ there, I will check back with patrol but alot of the twins is not allowed to be skied on the front side.

I was thinking after the bird officially closes and you can get your $15 tram ride up...if you have ski gear with you, they make you sign a waiver stating that you know there is no patrol up there yada yada yada and you are skiing/riding at your own risk, but they still let you ski there. I utilized this option last June

Anyone that wants in on this spectacular adventure, p/m me!

Jake

I was thinking after the bird officially closes and you can get your $15 tram ride up...if you have ski gear with you, they make you sign a waiver stating that you know there is no patrol up there yada yada yada and you are skiing/riding at your own risk, but they still let you ski there. I utilized this option last June
    I was looking at your line today. It's pretty boney already. I'd think that by the time Bird closes it'll be more rapelling than skiing.

What about Pinball Alley, then rapping down the cliff zone into lower Country Lane? Not as big of a rapell, but steeper skiing.

Not a bad idea, although I though that pinball alley melted out fast.

Pipeline's gnar right now.

My cousin was out that way last week. He didn't do pipeline, but he did the descent from West Twin, scoped it from nearby, and said that the hike down in was a bitch.
    Coverage is so-so, at best. So watch out!

Bring rope, and have fun.
    Last edited by coldrain85; 04-13-2007 at 06:16 PM.

Are there rap rings bolted there? Are they well-placed, or is it sketch just getting into rappel?

I presume good stuff there, but don't know anything about this terrain, so asking.

Thanks in advance.