Binding techs: setting forward pressure on Rossi Axial 2's?

I see how you can lift up the metal tab to slide the heel piece fore-aft to set the forward pressure, but what is the proper indicator position when you've got it right?

I'm assuming the boot should barely clear the heel piece when stepping in. When the boot is in the binding, the rear edge of the yellow band is currently at the rear edge of the indicator window. Is that right?

Thanks.
    Last edited by 1000-oaks; 02-28-2007 at 09:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    When the boot is in the binding, should the rear edge of the yellow band be centered in the window?
    Yea, pretty much. there are two raised plastic bars on the window. the yellow band just needs to be in between the two

Right now I've got the heel as forward as it can go and still accept the boot, which puts the rear edge of the yellow band at the rear edge of the window.

That's really as much forward pressure as is possible, since moving the heel forward prevents the boot from entering the binding. Don't see how I could get the rear edge of the band any further forward in the window.

Quote Originally Posted by enzo3366 View Post
    Yea, pretty much. there are two raised plastic bars on the window. the yellow band just needs to be in between the two
    The middle of the yellow band or the rear edge of it needs to be between the raised bars? I see a little mark forward on the band, it's basically lined up with the forward raised bar by the window.

Squatch Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    Right now I've got the heel as forward as it can go and still accept the boot, which puts the rear edge of the yellow band at the rear edge of the window.

That's really as much forward pressure as is possible, since moving the heel forward prevents the boot from entering the binding. Don't see how I could get the rear edge of the band any further forward in the window.
    i assume rear = rear of the ski, then yeah, your forward pressure is too high. back it off and the bar should move to the middle of the range.

Great, the indicator band doesn't move at all. It's in the same position whether I have the heel so forward the boot can barely fit or so back that the boot doesn't self-center in the heel piece. Doesn't change.

A fitting end to today, when I got my new skis and found the binding holes drilled 1/4" off-center (to the left side of each ski)...sigh. So much for going skiing tomorrow.
    Last edited by 1000-oaks; 02-28-2007 at 09:59 PM.