Snowboarding Tech Talk Bitch!

Are there significant differences in binding brands/types? I know shit.

These would be for use with regular soft boots (Burton something or anothers), in powder and soft snow conditions, on a Burton Fish 150, by an aspiring intermediate lady rider. Inbounds pow days, and may also be bootpacking some, so weight is an issue.

Help?
    Thrutchworthy Production Services

Go with a binding that matches your boot. The molds and sizes for the bindings usually match up with the soles of the boots a little better. If you have brand A boot - go for brand A bindings. also, do not buy carbon fiber high backs, they cost a lot and are too stiff more most people, including pros.

If you get a deal on another brand of binding, get the smallest binding that will easily fit your boot. Usually you can find a leftover pair of burton custom binding for $100.

^what he said.

Visit a shop with her boots and see what the best match is........then look for the lighter versions from the same manufacturer if you're so inclined.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Of course. Just like ski shit.

1. Look for metal buckles on the binding straps, plastic will fail at some point, trust me.
    2. There are different sizes of binding, so make sure the boot size and binding are in range (like Freerides, S, M, L)
    3. For soft boots, 3 main style of bindings (not including old clickers that she don't want).
    a. Top cap bindings (Burton)
    b. Normal 2 strap bindings (say Salomon, I ride them). Look for a large, wide ankle pad as to disperse pressure.
    c. Those Flow bindings that look like they belong on a wakeboard. Never tried em.

I like these, just one example.

Hope that helps a bit.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Any real performance feedback on the Burton toe cap strap design?

Arrow

Cap straps aren't any worse, maybe slightly more comfortable. I rode them for 2 seasons, but now have convertable toe straps which can be used as either. Going back to back on them I realized I like them on top better.
    I would steer clear of Burton bindings. Higher price, lower quality ladders and ratchets. I had durability issues with mine, broke 3 base plates along with numerous other parts. Their warranty department was ok though.

I like the toe caps because there is no pressure on the top of your foot like you would get from the traditional strap. You dont have to crank down on it as hard to feel like your foot is secrue in the bindings.
    As far as burton bindings go, I ride the cartels and i am definetly satisfied. The latches sometimes have troubles, but its mainly in powder when snow gets clogged in there...but never took more than a minute or so to fix.
    A few of my friends are riding new Rome 390's. They have to convertible tow or cap strap and they love the bindings. Good response and hold up really well. And Solomon is a good brand of bindings too, havent ridden them, but I have spoke with the rep and checked them out thoroughly.
    www.flipseven.com .....figure it out

Spent some time in the shop today chatting up a lady rider...

Ended up pointing us at some women's Ride VXNs. Alumn base, convertable toe strap/cap, nice design, fairly wide and somewhat shaped ankle strap, padding, still light, and a good price point.

Any negative reviews on this one?

on the pointy end, calling the line, swearing my fucking ass off
    Yoss, they're basically the ladies version of the Ride SPi's which are middle/upper range bindings.

Nice bindings.
    The only thing worse than the feeling that you are going to die is the realization that you probably won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    3. For soft boots, 3 main style of bindings (not including old clickers that she don't want).
    Clickers rule for big mountain. Click on the lift and go; click and skate. They are definately not cool (never have been) but dominated big mountain snowboarding competitions for years. A rider at Kirkwood dominated the extremes for two years on Clickers;

you have chosen wisely
    I don't hunt because the word hunting infers the probability of failure. JOhNGchrist goes killing.