Solo bid - Beaver Meadow > Main street > West Wheelock Rd > Rte 120

cue national geographic theme music -

I'd been scoping this line for the last six months.
    (egged on by that cliff diver out near Targhee I became determined to achieve what seemed within my grasp)
    By Car, by truck, by mtn. bike and by tandem. This morning at 4AM it was time.....In no particular order - lace up the inner boots on the trusty old green T2's....snug that knit by mother in law wool hat over my noggin, strap on a headlamp & out into the darkness I went. flump flump down into the fresh 5 or so inches go the 210 or so long wax less skinny skis. click SNAP Hmm one of the circa 1975 plastic 75mm telenorm binders breaks and the bale hangs limp - into the garage - rummage rummage SCORE pair of trusty aluminum chouinard binders installed in under 7 minutes....back to the driveway.....swish swish swish x10,000......down the driveway down beaver meadow right on main - Dan & Whits flashes by in a blur.....Making good headway when I spot an obstacle that had eluded my careful planning and scouting trips......no time to bail...clomp clomp clomp across the barren asphalt I go...Who'd of thunk the rte 91 overpasses looming overhead would offer such resistance to my route....shhhhssssssss.....accross the Connecticut river and up into town...skirting a looming plow's path I set course cross main and past the still dark storefronts.....legs burning I picture in my minds eye the breakfast sandwich that sings its siren song at routes end. I trudge up the last few pitches and arrive at work 5 miles in alittle over an hour - not too bad for a fat old out of shape guy. Best Winter morning commute ever...and the snow just keeps coming

nice!! its dumping like crazy out my window.

i just hope you aren't my prof who's holding class today even though the pres declared a snowday...

Bastid prof! Not me. I glided right through Hanover and on up the hill towards Lebanon......

Pics! We want pics! I like the pre-dawn swap of the circa 1975 plastic bindings for the new tough 1985 Chouinard 3-pins. That's what happens when you drive that epic gear with those modern beefy T-2's! Bamboo poles still doing the trick?

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    Pics! We want pics! I like the pre-dawn swap of the circa 1975 plastic bindings for the new tough 1985 Chouinard 3-pins. That's what happens when you drive that epic gear with those modern beefy T-2's! Bamboo poles still doing the trick?
    LOL wish I'd had bamboo poles.....I'm too cheap to buy adjustable poles so I bought extra long alpine poles at a ski swap.....h-e-a-v-y - obviously the pics will have to wait unitl I finish the roll and get them developed

Snowday? Awesome. Even though we had some big storms roll through, I never once bore witness to the beauty of an official snowday in my four years there. Not that it mattered, but it would have been nice to have at least one sanctioned reason to miss class to go skiing.