God I Hate People Sometimes.....

I went skiing after work last night and I skied 5 or 6 runs while I was waiting for my buddy. When he showed up I went in the lodge to talk to him, I put my skis out front right where I could see them. I was talking to him and a couple of my others buddies for a few minutes and I kept looking out front at my skis and they were still there. Then he had to go downstairs to rent a board. We were down there five to ten minutes at the most. Then I walk outside to get my skis and they're fucking gone. A pair of v pros that I had for about two fucking weeks. They fucking rip too. I hope whoever stole them falls and breaks their leg while skiing on them. You know what else sucks too, my buddy got a pair of atomics stole the night before when we were in the bar. God damn people are dicks sometimes

posts like this make me cry

Amen

problem is, they're not just stealing the skis, they're stealing all the memories that go with them.

Some people should rot. Have faith they will.
    ...And the greatest ice must crumble when it's flower's time to grow.

Hell yeah, I've had great memories with those skis, even though they were short. I stomped my first 360 on those skis.

I gotta say that the 3st three posters on this thread all have awesome artvars

regarding the stolen skis:

Find that Fucking Fraud and use some fishing line a bike and a garage door to get em back, i think phUnk can help you out with that
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

That really sucks, but I do have to ask, if your friend had just had a pair stolen (at the same place), why didn't you take some precautions?
    I know it's pointless now, but if I knew theft were a big problem at a place I'd never make my skis easily accessible (especially not if they were worth stealing).
    [quote][//quote]

I did make it a point to make sure that they wouldnt get stolen, but I let them out of my sight for five minutes and the fucker snatched them up.

problem is, they're not just stealing the skis, they're stealing all the memories that go with them.
    I think we get it mush

Ya, it definitely seems to me that skis get stolen a lot more on the east coast. Dont exactly know why that is. Maybe cause people are greedy cocksuckers? who knows though.

thanks bis

wasn't sure if people cared.

am assured now they do
    ...remind me to ask you to "pat my back" next time i'm blue.

wow mush I see you are very good at deleting reply's

rule of thumb - avoid base lodges like the plague. It's a lot harder to steal a pair of skis if you have to ski down from the mid-mountain or upper-mountain, skis in your arms, than it is to just walk up, grab, and walk off to your car. Or, if you have to be at the base, check the skis, or take them inside with you. If the resort employees don't like it, tell them to suck it until they do something about ski theft.

checking skis should be free. if I'm paying 40-50 bucks to ski at a resort, I think it's only fair to ask to be able to eat lunch without having your skis stolen.

Sounds like it might be a bar regular maybe. Hand to be inside to see you go downstairs. Get 4 friends together and set the guy up with a bait pair of skis. Use your buddies to watch the skies. Then get the guy. Then burn petex into his nutsack.

Sorry for the loss man.

I live in New York dude, the only lodge is the base lodge. You are right though, I definitely should have brought them in with me.

Hey thats a great idea, thanks man.

Originally posted by Jetter
    checking skis should be free. if I'm paying 40-50 bucks to ski at a resort, I think it's only fair to ask to be able to eat lunch without having your skis stolen.

True dat.

Which area were you skiing--song? greek peak?

Song, I'm actually an employee there so if anyone ever shows up with those skis Ill know,plus i alerted all my fellow lifties to watch out for them.

Smile

Originally posted by bisnibble
    wow mush I see you are very good at deleting reply's

first step in the art of communication...and then life

MASTER YOUR MEDIUM

Originally posted by pow__da man
    I live in New York dude, the only lodge is the base lodge. You are right though, I definitely should have brought them in with me.
    Don't you love it when resorts won't let you bring your skis inside, than have the chutzpah to say that they aren't responsible for stolen skis???
    "There is a hell of a huge difference between skiing as a sport- or even as a lifestyle- and skiing as an industry"
    Hunter S. Thompson, 1970 (RIP)

Catch the guy using TJ's method (good call dude), and then give him a severe beating for everyone everywhere who has ever had a pair of skis stolen. After that, give him another punch to the face for phUnk's bike.

Seriously, you should figure out which would be worse for him, police intervention or a beating. You could only prove that he stole one pair of skis, and attempted to steal another. He would get off easy.

Maybe you should brand him. Forearm or chest or something: SKI THIEF

That sucks but it's getting to be a way of life.Here in eastern Pa.,my local hill (Blue Mountain) is reporting something like $18,000 in gear stolen since the beginning of the season.That shit is flying outa there and no one sees anything. I have been skiing for a LONG TIME. There was a time I never thought twice about leaving skis anywhere unlocked. Now I even lock my rock skis.

Building a fighting force of extra-ordinary magnitude
    I almost had a heart attack then got into a fight with a guy this past weekend at MRG...which is odd since it's such a mellow, family-oriented place...anyways, leaned my year old Volkl G3 184's against the ticket office building and went inside...waited in line for a few mins and then came back out. My gay green kerma poles were still there, but no skis. Now I'm freaking out. I know my mom wouldn't have carried them up there, and it's close to the parking lot so I go into panic mode and think that they had been stolen. I ran up to the lodge and searched around. I found my skis and moved them to another rack where I could see them from inside then went in to put my boots on. Came out and this guy is trying to put them on but can't figure out why his boot is too small for the binding setting.
    Vinz: "hey man, those are my skis."

Dink:"No they aren't, I just bought these last weekend."

Vinz: "uhhh nope, I've been skiing on them for over a year. I left them by the ticket office window and you picked them up by mistake."

Dink: "I JUST BOUGHT THESE."

Vinz: "ReallY??! Why doesn't your boot fit in the bindings, I mean like not even close!? Why did I go in to buy a ticket and only my poles were still there. Let's assume they aren't your's and they are mine. Shouldn't there be a very similar pair of skis near where I left mine at the ticket office which would of course be...YOUR'S?! Let's see if they fit my boot." which of course they did. "Also why are the tips and tails all scratched up if your's are brand new???"

Dink: "I think you are trying to steal my skis!"

Vinz: "Fine let's get the ski patrol."

so we grab the patrol guy and explain both sides. when we get to "what type of skis are you missing mr. Dink?" He responds with: " Dynastar intuitiv V4"

FRIGGIN SKIS DON'T EVEN LOOK THE SAME!!!! so that solved that case pretty quick....

mine:
    http://i20.ebayimg.com/03/i/01/60/db/f0_1_b.JPG

his:
    http://images.auctionworks.com/hi/60...top_orange.jpg

anyways.....very frustrating and they guy wouldn't listen to reason....

sorry to hear about everyone's stolen equipment...the thieves will most likely get herpes simplex-b for being a-holes.
    thats new hampshire as fuck

We ain't eager to be legal, so please leave me with the keys to your Jeep Eagle.

Vinz, that is just horrible and you showed a lot of restraint. I would have followed that guy and beyotch-slapped him in the parking lot! But at least you got your skis back. What a $%#$% he was!

Pow-da man, I am sorry for your loss. I think it sucks royally that fellow skiers cannot even respect other people's property. You'd think that knowing the joy skiing brings, it would be near-impossible to take someone's skis away from them. I think the people who steal them must never have experienced what we all have felt out there on the slopes, in the trees, in the park. Otherwise they could never bring themselves to do that.

I am very lazy, and it's hard for me to bother locking up my skis. If you are like me, do what I do...simply separate the skis. I'm not talking just put one on one side of the rack and the other on the other side of the rack. I will walk toward the lodge and put my ski on the first rack. Then I will put the other one like 7 racks away in the middle of 8 pairs of skis and 5 snowboards. You'd have to be pretty persistent to go looking for that other ski! The free and lazy way to protect your equipment. Caveat: this does not work at the end of the day when you're in the bar partying and the only skis in sight on the racks are your two separated skis.

Sprite
    "I call it reveling in natures finest element. Water in its pristine form. Straight from the heavens. We bathe in it, rejoicing in the fullest." --BZ

Originally posted by mrw
    That sucks but it's getting to be a way of life.Here in eastern Pa.,my local hill (Blue Mountain) is reporting something like $18,000 in gear stolen since the beginning of the season.That shit is flying outa there and no one sees anything. I have been skiing for a LONG TIME. There was a time I never thought twice about leaving skis anywhere unlocked. Now I even lock my rock skis.
    Man, I'm glad I bought a lock. Blue can be nucking futs sometimes.
    "There is a hell of a huge difference between skiing as a sport- or even as a lifestyle- and skiing as an industry"
    Hunter S. Thompson, 1970 (RIP)