Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Comis rip. They seriously fucking rip. I mounted mine on the line with 916s and they destroy everything. Obviously they destroy it in powder, but you can actually get them on edge and rail them on groomers. Faceshots happen with alarming regularity in fresh snow. they cut through crud like its nothing. my new favorite ski

Quote Originally Posted by SquawMan View Post

does anybody know if they're making longer lengths next year?
    I want a 192ish comi with a rockered tip and no camber under foot or in the tail that would be fabulous

Quote Originally Posted by skimoore View Post
    Bump...'cuz the Comis are bad-ass. I spewed about this in my TR, but I'll spew here too...solid ski, can lay down a carve on anything from hardpack to (soft) moguls to pow....one of the most fun skis I've ever been on, with shocking versatility for the size. I now hate 666 for letting me try them, because I can't afford a pair....
    God dammit........... do I have to buy a pair of these things?
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

So, even in the world of fancy ass rockered skis (like EHPs, etc). Would this still be the choice?

Any comparisons by you guys between Comi and Sumo or Prophet 130. I skied both of those (not the 190 Sumo though), and thought the width was too much (or maybe just the fat tails were too much). I still like a fall line ski (Sanouk/Axiom/etc), not sure about uber fat yet. And am super intrigued by Rocker (though I havent skied any). Just thinking out loud....
    Donjoy to the World!

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    God dammit........... do I have to buy a pair of these things?
    Yes.

It's not often I'll get on a ski and be completely comfortable with it within minutes. Not that it's an easy ski to ride, but as soon the sweet spot presents itself to you...and then, well, that's when the sun shines, the birds sing, the flowers blossom....

Quote Originally Posted by Huckwheat View Post
    So, even in the world of fancy ass rockered skis (like EHPs, etc). Would this still be the choice?

Any comparisons by you guys between Comi and Sumo or Prophet 130. I skied both of those (not the 190 Sumo though), and thought the width was too much (or maybe just the fat tails were too much). I still like a fall line ski (Sanouk/Axiom/etc), not sure about uber fat yet. And am super intrigued by Rocker (though I havent skied any). Just thinking out loud....
    What's your bootsole?

You can borrow my spats if you want.

some love'em, some don't.......but at least you'll know

I've got a pair of praxis I just mounted up so I won't miss them on a snow day.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

What's the word on the Ruby's, or has anyone skied them yet?

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    What's your bootsole?

You can borrow my spats if you want.

some love'em, some don't.......but at least you'll know

I've got a pair of praxis I just mounted up so I won't miss them on a snow day.
    Edit: I just realized you weren't even talking to me. This is how stoked I am on the Comis, I can't even be logical anymore, just have to talk about them.

324....but you're going to have to sell your sole (pun fully intended) to get on 'em since they belong to the devil himself....

Maybe he'll tire of them and decide I should own them since I lay such a sweet carve on 'em.... [/patting myself on the back]

Remember...this is my second run on these things, and after coughing up a lung chasing 666 on high T. If you look closely, you can see my pole bending because the comis are so damn fast.

Quote Originally Posted by mc_roon View Post
    Comis rip. They seriously fucking rip. I mounted mine on the line with 916s and they destroy everything. Obviously they destroy it in powder, but you can actually get them on edge and rail them on groomers. Faceshots happen with alarming regularity in fresh snow. they cut through crud like its nothing. my new favorite ski
    Fucking word. I spent the morning (9"ish new) at meadows owning on my ARGs. And then I spent the afternoon owning on my Comis with freshly mounted Z12tis. I think in conditions where stuff is blowing back in, and semi chopped, they are more fun than ARGs. They are waaay more fun when you have to occasionally rail on a groomer with ribbons of wind deposits. And they are pretarded light. With the Z12ti (3.5 pounds) it's almost like cheating they are so easy to move around. You may mock my binding choice, but after you hold this combo in your hand you will understand--it's like picking up a suitcase you thought was full, but is empty. And I was very impressed with how well they plow through crud at speed being so light. I think in untracked goodness I will always look to a rockered ski, but for everything else there is comi.
    ROBOTS ARE EATING MY FACE.

Quote Originally Posted by bossass View Post
    I think in untracked goodness I will always look to a rockered ski, but for everything else there is comi.
    You suck

Not to be outdone, skimoore sucks too.

edit: might as well throw Spdfrk43 in the mix too......he also sucks

editedit: not out of the woods roon......you also suck

Any problem getting these things? Waitlist etc?

in addition to 'woo's questions about availability, can we get some tech talk action in here? what's the construction? how they be light, fat, and stiff?
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

i drilled mine myself. Wood core. BOMBER bases - i should have some deep shots and there are currently nothing that a stone grind wouldnt take care of.

when compared to my other skis - they have very thick edges.

camber - about 1cm underfoot.

stiffness - they are stiff. gotama stiffness is a good comparison, but its sorta hard to be real specific in comparisons when your talking about a ski with 136mm underfoot

issues - only one so far - the topsheet is tough but needs to be beveled a little more on the sides. I had numerous 1mm thick strings of black topsheet anywhere from 1-3" long coming off the ski at the end of the first day with a few larger sections. I ran a file over the topsheet fairly lightly at a 45 degree angle and it seemed to fix the problem. Anyone else have this issue?

mine are mounted for a 326mm BSL. Ill be skiing the wood for the rest of the year if someone wants them for a run or two.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    in addition to 'woo's questions about availability, can we get some tech talk action in here? what's the construction? how they be light, fat, and stiff?
    core is assssspen. glass wrap. i dont know how they make them stiff. core thickness?

I had no problems getting them (waiting, etc.) -- I had contacted Casey back in the fall and he said he'd be in touch when they were into production. It was about 2 weeks from when he said they were getting going on them to when the deal was done + another week shipping. I dunno how many they're ready to push out but it can't hurt to ask. Casey was great to deal with and I think he could probably give a pretty good estimate of the timeframe if you're looking to get them asap.

mc_roon - I had the same issue. Nothing major, just a few strings from the edge of the topsheet. I'll try the file.

313 BSL. I ski mostly SoVT ( = I miss Mammoth a lot) -- and I'll be at the summit, then SLC and CO front range on the way home the week after if any mags wanna give them a rip.
    Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    If you're not standing on the fucking traverse with your thumb up your ass you wont get checked.

dumbfuck.

Mine are protos from last year. I wouldn't call them stiff, but maybe just my pair is softer than what went into production. They still fucking kill it. I also had the issue with the topsheet edges, but I think my protos and early production Renos weren't quite finished--they moved their factory last year and didn't have access to all their machines for a while.

Mine are protos from last year. I wouldn't call them stiff, but maybe just my pair is softer than what went into production. They still fucking kill it.
    i have some protos and productions. protos are lighter and softer. less glass, but the glass they do have is some crazy carbon fiberglass. i was told. i put fritchis on them.
    the production ones are noticably heavier and stiffer underfoot. i'm fond of both pairs.

Quote Originally Posted by basom View Post
    i have some protos and productions. i'm fond of both pairs.
    If you ever have a falling out with one of the pairs, feel free to let me know. I'll be there to catch on the rebound and console the rejected pair.

Quote Originally Posted by basom View Post
    i have some protos and productions. protos are lighter and softer. less glass, but the glass they do have is some crazy carbon fiberglass. i was told. i put fritchis on them.
    the production ones are noticably heavier and stiffer underfoot. i'm fond of both pairs.
    I was wondering about that. They should make both available, cause the protos are fun as hell and I"m a big dude.

Question: How do you do skis with the square tip?

I just realized I never put up a review of mine....

But you guys already barfed everything I would say, and you've seen the TR's, so yes I like them...very much. I'll keep my Sanouks as back up if I ruin these things, and the Sanouks are a special yet wierdly fun soft pow ski. However, you can ski almost anything on these things....groomers to deep pow. For more carved-out-madness/park days, I'll be on my slaloms, er Gotama shaped skis.

Question: How do you do skins with the square tip?
    Fixed it.

i've yet to tour on them. but i'm planning to get some clipfix tail hardare for the tips and use the sts hardware on the tails.

Quote Originally Posted by Spdfrk43 View Post

313 BSL. I ski mostly SoVT ( = I miss Mammoth a lot) -- and I'll be at the summit, then SLC and CO front range on the way home the week after if any mags wanna give them a rip.
    I'll be in park city from the 10th to the 25th, skiing the canyons mostly, but days at altabird, and since my brother can't stop raving about them i'm kinda curious. Send me a PM if you need a tourguide for the canyons, which have gnar and some sweet as shit trees, contrary to popular belief, a place to crash or beer and a hot-tub. Also, I'm at UVM, stowe 5 days a week, make it up to jay every once in a while, so if you are ever up here on a pow day and want to fuck with some gapers, I think the sight of spatulas and comis on the quad would be amusing, oh, and my bsl is a 306, so naturally you would be welcome to take a run or two on the spats. You should try to make it up for this coming friday, could be the tits.
    Three fundamentals of every extreme skier, total disregard for personal saftey, amphetamines, and lots and lots of malt liquor......-jack handy

Quote Originally Posted by soul_skier View Post
    I'll be in park city from the 10th to the 25th, skiing the canyons mostly, but days at altabird, and since my brother can't stop raving about them i'm kinda curious. Send me a PM if you need a tourguide for the canyons, which have gnar and some sweet as shit trees, contrary to popular belief, a place to crash or beer and a hot-tub. Also, I'm at UVM, stowe 5 days a week, make it up to jay every once in a while, so if you are ever up here on a pow day and want to fuck with some gapers, I think the sight of spatulas and comis on the quad would be amusing, oh, and my bsl is a 306, so naturally you would be welcome to take a run or two on the spats. You should try to make it up for this coming friday, could be the tits.
    Should be in Yeewtaw during the 1st week of April immediately after the summit (Park City - crashing with a buddy there) skiing the Canyons mostly b/c its free.
    Don't think I can roll up for this friday - work , but I think I'll be around Jay or at least somewhere in Verm-anada b/w the 4th and 7th of March. SoVT for sure on the 9th-12th.
    Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    If you're not standing on the fucking traverse with your thumb up your ass you wont get checked.

dumbfuck.

New Shit has come to light, Comrades. Next year's line will rock, if you catch my drift. That's all I know.

New Shit has come to light, Comrades. Next year's line will rock, if you catch my drift. That's all I know.
    i think that you know more then you are sharing