Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

honorary maggette award for Savannah Cook- Stoke basket contribution thread.

This thread is for the honorary magette award(stoke basket) for Savannah Cook. For those that dont know who she is, she is the 7yr old skier that was the victim of a hit n'run while attending ski lessons at snowbird that broke her femur, and has killed a good part of her ski season. She is still being optimistic and hopes to get out of her cast and start skiing again ASAP. See thread below for more info
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=70434

Some of the maggots suggested that because of her injury, and her attitude, that we should get her a 'stoke' basket of TGR movies to watch and keep up the stoke while she is recovering. I have been able to get ahold of her parents, and her parents said that they are TGR movie fans and that she would love some ski movies to watch while she is out of commision. Several maggots have generously offered to contribute $ to fund the purchasing of the ski flicks. I have a paypal address that the money can be sent to. I will pick up the movies and deliver them to their house in Cedar Hills.

The family currently owns Anomaly, but that is the only TGR film. That said, any recommendations on which films we should get her(prioritize the recommendations since we will probably only get enoug $ for 2-3 films)are appreciated.

I dont want to be left with purchasing a film and having $$ left over with no easy way to distribute it back to the contributors, so I thought the easiest way to do this woudl be to get everyone who is willing to donate to make a commitment either via PM or in this thread so I know about how much $$ we have to work with, and then can tell high $ contributors to scale it back so we dont ahve left over $.

Once you know how much you want to send, you can send it to my paypal address. The address to send the $ is: shmoesmith@yahoo.com

I know there is a Teton Gravity Research Freeride Essentials Ski Movie Pack at BC.com for about $40. I was thinking that woudl be a good place to start.

Paypal sent...

Further is my rec.
    "I do look like the Arrow shirt man, I did lace up my skates professionally, and I did do a fabulous job finishing my muffin."

Quote Originally Posted by shmoesmith View Post
    I know there is a Teton Gravity Research Freeride Essentials Ski Movie Pack at BC.com for about $40. I was thinking that woudl be a good place to start.
    Nice. $10 sent via paypal.
    The snow doesn't give a soft white damn whom it touches.
    ~ e.e. cummings

Even though that HotTate character is a complite Jerk... Mebbe he could wing something from TGR for this future maggette.
    Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier
    You should post naked pictures of this godless heathen.

i don't have a paypal, but am i live in sandy,and work at the 'bird, if you are around i can drop some loot by in person

$ and PM sent.
    Hope this helps lift her spirits as she recovers.

OK, since people have already sent $$ via paypal, and I dont know how much we'll end up with, per another maggots suggestion, I was thinking we could get her the ski flicks, and with the 'change' we could get her a giftcard to somewhere like the bird or something that would be good for lift tickets or gear or whatever. That way I wont have to figure out how to distribute back the 'change'.

Any ideas on the best place for a gift card?

Quote Originally Posted by thebigeast View Post
    i don't have a paypal, but am i live in sandy,and work at the 'bird, if you are around i can drop some loot by in person
    You don't need a paypal account to send money. Just log on to paypal and click on "send money" and follow the prompts. You can cut and paste the email addy needed.
    The snow doesn't give a soft white damn whom it touches.
    ~ e.e. cummings

Quote Originally Posted by shmoesmith View Post
    Any ideas on the best place for a gift card?
    borders books has a great kids section?
    .....Visit my website. .....

"a yin without a yang"

PayPal sent

Gift baskets to me = food. How about adding some other stuff to it besides movies? we could stay with the theme, maybe some snowflake cookies? i could bake a couple batches and mail em if there's time.

What about other stuff 7 year olds like while she's recovering? maybe a game? some TGR stickers? she definitely deserves a "change for a nickle" sticker!

Anyways I'll paypal some $$ but let me know if you want cookies or i can send anything else, i have some extra stickers i'd part with

I'm with Tacomaluv. Throw in some stickers, a beanie, etc. with the leftover fundage.

pps
    Montani Semper Liberi

You people are amazing ... this is Savannah's dad and when I heard and read what you where all doing I had to signup and reply!

Savannah is truly an amazing little girl, I'm bias being her dad, however 2 things really amazing to me. One the power of people who want to do good, and the heart of a 7 year old skier!

I have been very upset at the situation and didn't really know who to blame, at times I wanted to go after Snowbird, other times I just wanted to hit someone. but the media and people who continue to bring Savannah gifts have really made her feel special and have literally turned tears to smiles. I don't know if you noticed but the first interview when they asked Savannah how se was cooping and what she wanted to do when she was better... her answer was, "I want to play run and play with my friends again, go to school and go skiing again" with tears in her eyes, after the phone calls and support started rolling in she started being very positive about the situation she is in.

We are very lucky, so far she has not had to have the flex nails surgery, which can take up to a year to fully recover. Please keep her in prayers that the leg will continue to set and she will not have to go through that Surgery!

Finically we will be fine, we have things to sell and money in savings. Not to get to detailed but my company picked up Insurance this week so things are covered for the future.

Saturday, Savannah and little brother Conner will be headed back up to the bird. Conner to continue his skiing lessons, and Savannah wants to just go up and be with the group where she will be able to watch videos and play with the other kids. She truly is in good spirits, lots of pain at times, but has been blessed by good doctors, great technology, and people who just give a damn!

I never new there was suck a kick ass forum like this and will be glad to be a part of it, consider us both future Maggot & magette (someone pls explain this term to me). *teledave thanks for the explination lol!

Also, one other thing about Snowbird, they will be donating both Conner and Savannah’s skiing lessons to her medical bills. I will say this, that the SKI PATROL and snowbird is top notch! The only thing I would ask or like to see is that they speed a little money and get radio’s for there instructors... heaven forbid some fat ass rides to fast down the hill, runs into them and it turns out to be fatal. Be helpful to have a radio to call for help in a situation that needs it. The bird is great, me and my family will continue to ski there!

Bless you all and thanks again for the support.

shmoesmith thanks for organizing ...

Picture of Savannah at primary children's hostptial emergancy room 4 hours after beign hit by skier.
    Last edited by Sunderbean; 12-13-2006 at 11:17 PM.

Poor kiddo...she's such a cutie!

$$ sent, along w/ much love & many wishes for a speedy recovery for Savannah.

Sprite
    "I call it reveling in natures finest element. Water in its pristine form. Straight from the heavens. We bathe in it, rejoicing in the fullest." --BZ

Thanks for coordinating this. I'll send $10 later this afternoon.

This is why this community is awesome... pps.
    We're sorta like 7-Eleven. We're not always doing business, but we're always open.

i love it when a plan comes together. thanks for organizing, shmoesmith!

paypal coming ...

North of South, South of North, West of East
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunderbean View Post
    I never new there was suck a kick ass forum like this and will be glad to be a part of it, consider us both future magette’s (someone pls explain this term to me).
    Maggette=feminine of maggot

So I doubt you will both be maggettes. Maggot is a bit harder to define, hang around for a while and you will figure it out though.

Good to hear the outlook is positive as well as all of your spirits. You and your family will be mine and others prayers and well wishes.
    I should probably change my username to IReallyDon'tTeleMuchAnymoreDave.

I just logged on...I'm all welled up. Good work. I'll throw some stuff in the goodie basket next WE. Wow. For a bunch of dorks, occasionally some cool stuff happens on here.

And sunderbean...welcome. Prepare for a serious decline in work productivity. Don't say I didn't warn you!
    Last edited by rideit; 12-13-2006 at 03:09 PM.

I'm pretty sure we can get a few other movies in the basket......I'll see what I can do.

$$ and +++vibes sent.

$10 sent here shortly...

peace,
    D.
    "There's a truth that sanity denies...." --Sprung Monkey

$10 sent via paypal

Thanks for doing the hard work on this shmoesmith - major karma points accruing for you
    Last edited by TBS; 12-13-2006 at 03:27 PM.

I think you should spend the remainder of the $$ to hire Terry Tate. Have him run interference just uphill of the little brother during his ski lessons, just in case this guy returns.