Brake bending help

I know, tech talk, but im kinda in a pinch right now...

anyway my roomate got a pair of skis mounted with 912s at christys in dillon, and the dude who mounted them said he couldnt bend the brakes (uhhhhhh, what the fuck?)

anyway, I said I would bend them for him, but since we moved I cant find my vise and he is kinda being all geigh about needing brakes to go skiing tomorrow.....

I told him it dosent really matter cause its gonna be deep anyway and we can do it later, but he is being dumb....

I have alot of other tools around, what can I do? I have class for another 4 fucking hours in 30 minutes.......fucking stupid

i do advise having brakes, Baxter lost her brand new seths for about 18 hours due to not bending brakes, but she found the missing ski the next day in the woods

i don't actually have any thing to add
    ‎Preserving farness, nearness presences nearness in nearing that farness

depending on how wide the skis are, the old you grab one side of the brake, I'll grab the other one, pull on 3 might work. sloppy, but totally fixable once you get access to a vice, and will work for a few days. Other option is ski straps, if your roomate's a gaper, powdercords (neon thingeys).

or just have him crank his din to the max, then if he pops out his skis are the least of his worries...
    Three fundamentals of every extreme skier, total disregard for personal saftey, amphetamines, and lots and lots of malt liquor......-jack handy

Engage his boot in the binding, it helps not break the plastic stuff when the brake flexes.
    I've always used broken ski poles, slide it up the bend and bend away, you get good leverage, no vice needed.
    "It's too bad that a lot of people have never experienced the feeling of rollerblading in the cool air of a summer evening"
    TheQuietStorm

No bending,That's Gat ! PM me & then take em to Christy's & tell em you're a buddy of mine.
    Calmer than you dude

Beyond easy. use a seatpost for leverage.

Widen (pull) them out. Then bend them down making a round type bend. You can't screw up.
    Drive slow, homie.

Quote Originally Posted by flowtron View Post
    I've always used broken ski poles, slide it up the bend and bend away, you get good leverage, no vice needed.
    What the man said. If you don't have a broken one, take the handle off - or hacksaw it off - of a beater cheap pole. Instant professional brake bending tool...

Quote Originally Posted by spindrift View Post
    What the man said. If you don't have a broken one, take the handle off - or hacksaw it off - of a beater cheap pole. Instant professional brake bending tool...
    This has been my method of choice for years. I have also found that heating the brake arms with a heat gun works well. Just be careful not to melt the plastic ends of the brake arms.
    The snow doesn't give a soft white damn whom it touches.
    ~ e.e. cummings

Make Marshal do it. He is the only one who knows how to complete this very difficult and intricate task.

Marshal + 6 pack Pilsner Urquell = bent brakes
    Chocolate? This is doodoo, BABY!

Why are powdercords (neon thingies) ghey? I have brakes on my skis and managed to lose one in deep powder last weekend. I only found it by pure luck. If I'd had some of those ghey neon thingies on there I could've gotten about 45 minutes more skiing in and suffered considerably less stress... After that experience, they seem like a good idea.
    ...Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain...

"I enjoy skinny skiing, bullfights on acid..." - Lacy Underalls

The problems we face will not be solved by the minds that created them.

Get one of those assflaps while you are at it.

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Get one of those assflaps while you are at it.
    Um, excuse me, but the proper nomeclature is "beavertail"!

tinky winky like brakes and bending..... uh-oh
    "Teletubbies love each other's cocks very much", confirms the narrator.