Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    And since you don't consider my number valuable, I'm gonna put it in her pooper.
    You're a slut and give out your number to everyone. This girl was classy and getting that number was a goddamn battle of epic proportions requiring mustaches and turtlenecks. Mustaches and TURTLENECKS!

(Do you actually have my phone?)

Quote Originally Posted by flip View Post
    epic proportions requiring mustaches and turtlenecks.
    Whoa........say no more.

Unfortunately I don't. Ask lhs........she finds phones.

Wish I'd been able to call you. Sierra was actually pretty fun.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

My Praxis arrived last week and was able to get 2 days on them. Each day had very different in snow conditions. As many have said the construction is quite good. Look and feel well built. The shop guys also commented the build quality. Thanks to Mat at Edgeworks for the mount. Lake topsheet looks even better in person

Me: 6'1" 185lb
    Mounted: 98cm from tip per Keith's recommendation
    Bindings: Look P-12 narrow brakes bent to fit.
    Skis I have/like: 06 Gots, Stiff Bros, Iggy FFGS 240RA, In-Big(8800 type)
    Never skied a reverse/reverse ski before.
    Ability: Average Colorado skier that gets 40-60 days a year
    Conditions: Vail was windbuff and heavier pow with some crust in areas where the pow was blown away. Steamboat was chopped up fresh pow in the open areas, boot to knee in the trees, and knee to waist deep out the back gate.

Cat tracks: Since the snow was so cold Fri everyone was going slowly on the cat tracks. These were real slow. I expected to be like my dog on a linoleum floor, based on everyone's reviews, but it wasn't that bad. I felt more comfortable staying centered or back some to try and prevent the tips from darting out.

Soft groomers: You can sort of carve these in soft but I didn't try and push it. Most of my turns started mid tip and then try and snap out of the turn with the tails.

Soft bumps: These actually aren't bad in soft bumps. I tent to pivot in bumps on normal skis and that seems to work here. Not going to zipper tight lines but you don't have to fight them as much as you'd think. Takes a little getting used to when the ski engages the bump because of the rocker. You have to be sure to press the tips down on the back of the bump or you'll be in the backseat.

Chopped variable pow: They plow nicely through this to make a smooth ride. Took a little getting used to weighting both skis and wider stance. As your confidence builds you can begin to really let them go.

Wind affected untracked pow: While others I was skiing with battled with breaking through the pow and keeping their balance these allowed me to cut through without worrying as much about tip dive. I did have an occasion or two where I really pressed forward on the tips and almost went over the bars. Finding the sweet spot in this type of snow is easier.

Fresh Deep Pow. These are a lot of fun. Surprised how fast you can ski pow. Yes you can still get face shots. My biggest problem was trusting the skis enough where I wasn't sitting back like I would on normal skis. This is going to take some time to consistently do since these won't be an everyday ski for me. Once you trust them it's amazing how much control you have.

Drops: I don't huck big stuff 10-15ft is about my max. Landing on these is sweet since you have a big platform and the rocker tip means you can be a little forward and still recover. Some have mentioned that the tails could be an issue for landing big drops. I won't be the guy reporting on that. The drops I did I didn't feel the tail wanting to wash out.

Trees: Saved the best for last. I've never had so much fun in the trees. I'll have to try them in more tracked out packed tree runs but in fresh they kill it. I had to stop myself a few times because I was getting a little silly with speed and spots I was trying to cut into very quickly. You just pivot these things where you want to go. If you love the tree runs at Steamboat you will find a whole new happiness with these types of skis.

Negatives: I'm still scared a bit on groomers and cat tracks that I'm going to eat it. Side step traversing and general traversing out of areas is difficult and slow.

I was lucky I was able to ski these in conditions that were better suited for the Praxis. I'll need to take them out on less ideal conditions to see more faults. Need a lot more days on them to ski them correctly.

jerr is offline Underwater trapeze artist
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyJim View Post
    Any thread where I can find out more about what I should change fundementally to start riding these a little better?
    This is an old thread by Arty50 containing Shane McKoney's "how to ride a spatula" manual. Should be relevant - hope it helps.
    Nine out of ten Jeremy's prefer a warm jacket to a warm day

Self-quote from this thread's 1st post.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin I View Post
    ...Sure, this ski should rock for lightweights, but does this 182cm tip-to-tail ski live up to the hype?...I wish success to Praxis, and hopefully a run of longer skis someday.
    Well, looks like "someday" is here. Trigger pulled on 195's.

Mad props for Keith's openness to requests, willingness to stray from the norm (length!), plus his design & construction, small-guy independence, and low-price offer. Hard to refrain from supporting that combo, whether they come out at true 195, or actual 192, or whatever.

Should become one of the biggest inverse skis out there---certainly the most affordable in that class. Birdos 195 is up there, and Lotus138 at 192. Capital GFunkXXL 193 doesn't really count (only a couple pairs made).

Last edited by Vitamin I; 10-12-2007 at 01:46 AM.
    - TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

Quote Originally Posted by BlurredElevens
    If Praxis makes these in a 195+, preferably 200...and I'll buy two pair. Word is bond.

Quote Originally Posted by soul_skier View Post
    seconded, but only one pair, and only if dp doesn't make a 202 138....
    holy double prophecy!!

care to make some predictions for next year?
    . . .