Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    FYI-a Solly wide jig will just barely fit with the rubber boots off. And the core seems like some high quality stuff.
    cool, glad to hear this bit of info... now, about the centerline 97cm from the tip. Is that with the tape laid flat down thru the curve of the tip or pulled taut down to the 97cm mark?!?

w00t! pagetop thruntage...

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@Praxis
    The center line on the ski is only a graphic for reference on mounting
    position. You should measure from the tip to locate a more percise mounting
    position. (most shops do this anyway) Pulling the tape tight from tip to
    mount line is approx. 96.5 cm. I would not recomend mounting any more
    foward then this. I've been having people mount boot center at 97 cm from
    tip. A lot of this is preference and skiing style. I like a more foward
    mount then many people. Email me if you have any questions.
    Quote Originally Posted by jfost View Post
    cool, glad to hear this bit of info... now, about the centerline 97cm from the tip. Is that with the tape laid flat down thru the curve of the tip or pulled taut down to the 97cm mark?!?

w00t! pagetop thruntage...
    When life gives you haters, make haterade.

I checked out cpj.slc parxis last night that is one well built looking ski. the camo is much better looking in person than from the pics buth the ski apears to be made as good as anything out there just from aperance. I must have pair someone please buy my big daddies.
    Last edited by fat yeti; 11-30-2006 at 01:29 PM.
    If ski companies didn't make new skis every year I wouldn't have to get new skis every year.

www.levelninesports.com
    http://skiingyeti.blogspot.com/

If i get a pair would anyone in the boulder and/or summit area be able to mount mine with Look ZR-s? I know most shops wont do it cause the bindings are indemnified or however you spell it.....

Quote Originally Posted by sfotex View Post
    ack. pw3nd.

thanks sfotex!

Just heard from Keith. The first batch with the early season pricing is sold out and second batch will be at $550. Probably start pressing them after the new year. Still a great deal if they're the ski they sound like.

Praxis is Pimp!

Praxis next to the Pimps, looking rather large and in-charge!

Can't wait to mount them..

Tails!

Tell me if that looks sick!
    Last edited by TheDon; 11-29-2006 at 09:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinalTap View Post
    I'm really troubled by whatever pictures the Don had to search through to arrive at that one...

They'll def come out with more shit....Keith only has one press so production is limited but production levels are def gonna be improved and more models will come out....doin it out of his garage right now!!!!! And I'm not biased.....I've skied just about everything available and Praxis is near the top of the board for me.....tops in pow!!!! I wanna go heli skiing in Alaska....that is where they're made for....and their size is fine for any rider! unless you're Shaq!

Dude before mine showed up I thought the graphics looked kind of lame but in person they are so sick!

If Keith doesn't change the graphic you aren't at at loss. When he gets his next press out that set will go fast! Get your orders in!
    I'm really troubled by whatever pictures the Don had to search through to arrive at that one...

Quote Originally Posted by BlurredElevens View Post
    If Praxis makes these in a 195+, preferably 200...and I'll but two pair. Word is bond.
    Fischer has 207s coming out for you next year I've seen the catalogue.

Quote Originally Posted by skimasterflex View Post
    Fischer has 207s coming out for you next year I've seen the catalogue.
    Probably really affordable too...like a grand...Ouch!

Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    Dude before mine showed up I thought the graphics looked kind of lame but in person they are so sick!

If Keith doesn't change the graphic you aren't at at loss. When he gets his next press out that set will go fast! Get your orders in!

Dude, I don't know if it's possible for you to suck the Praxis dick anymore. I mean fuck, you haven't even skied them yet and you've already blown your wad all over them.

Oh, and by the way, you suck at posting pics. Fucking fix that shit!

Does this Keith guy ride at Alpine? I think Zippy (on Moments), me (Kingswoods) met him there late season last year. It was pretty funny seeing all the indie companies at one place.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    Probably really affordable too...like a grand...Ouch!
    if you want 8 inches more ski you gotta pay for that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    Does this Keith guy ride at Alpine? I think Zippy (on Moments), me (Kingswoods) met him there late season last year. It was pretty funny seeing all the indie companies at one place.
    I remember being in line on Summit Six a couple people behind a guy on camo spatuloid skis last season and bugging the crap out of my wife by speculating about what they were. Someone was definitely testing them at Alpine, but I dunno if it was Keith.
    not counting days 2016-17

Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    The Summit Skis guy rides at Alpine most days, that may have been him. He builds several skis very similar to the Praxis. I think he has 3 or 4 reverse camber/sidecut models that he is building and hoarding on Donner Lake. They will be the next big thing on here watch, if he ever sells them to anyone besides his Alpine/Squaw buddies.

I think I saw that guy at Alpine, too.

Last season a guy walked by me with some bugged out looking skis and I asked him what they were. He mysteriously/guardedy mentioned that he'd made them himself and left it at that.

BTW, what's the dimensions/length on the Praxis?

Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    I think I saw that guy at Alpine, too.

Last season a guy walked by me with some bugged out looking skis and I asked him what they were. He mysteriously/guardedy mentioned that he'd made them himself and left it at that.

BTW, what's the dimensions/length on the Praxis?
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=66401

Got out on the Praxis today, nothing like calling in sick on a powder day.
    This is the first reverse camber/reverse sidecut ski I've ever skied, so I can't compare these to much else. Drove over to Lookout Mtn, conditions ranged from 12" blower on a firm base on the groomers, deeper drifts in the trees, to some heaver wind blown stuff in a few spots (still pretty light though compared to sierra cement) It was also my first day of the season, so I was also a bit rusty. The first 2 runs I felt kind of wierd, but I finally went to a wider stance (and I was probably getting warmed up too) and oh boy, the fun began. I had to stay centered on them or you got bounced in the backseat. They were a blast in the trees and turned when I wanted them too. They weren't too bad on the soft cat tracks, and I found they worked better p-turning vs. tele turns in these conditions, but they were a blast teleling in the powder. I skied them in some firmer icy-esque scraped down stuff at the end of the day and they were marginal. The ski felt loose when you wanted to turn but went straight when you didn't want to turn. I was kind of playing with the buttering thing too. Cut up was fun too, you just kind of float over the top of everything. I guess I really don't know how to describe them yet because I've never skied anything like this before, but damn did I have a fun day.

^^^Tight, thanks for the review!

jerr is offline Underwater trapeze artist
    Quote Originally Posted by sfotex View Post
    Got out on the Praxis today

This is the first reverse camber/reverse sidecut ski I've ever skied, so I can't compare these to much else.

, but damn did I have a fun day.
    Do you think you would have had as much fun on what you're used to riding? Or is the fun buzz in a different league?

edit: in retrospect that kind of seems like a dumb question but I'm keen to hear what you have to say anyway.
    Last edited by jerr; 12-01-2006 at 06:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jerr View Post
    Do you think you would have had as much fun on what you're used to riding? Or is the fun buzz in a different league?

edit: in retrospect that kind of seems like a dumb question but I'm keen to hear what you have to say anyway.
    They were in a new fun league. It might be a tele thing, but they were a bouncy, floaty fun ride in the pow, and you stayed on the top of everything, the 12" of blower felt bottomless. I skied a couple runs at the end of the day on my bros and the bros were down in the powder were the Praxis were floating on top.

Tex,
    Just got mine yesterday - thanks for hooking me up with Keith's info! I'm also going to mount tele...did you go 97,98 or 99 from tip? Keith was telling me the 98 - 99 was the way to go for tele, but wanted to see how you felt about this...
    Last edited by foreal; 12-01-2006 at 09:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by foreal View Post
    Tex,
    Just got mine yesterday - thanks for hooking me up with Keith's info! I'm also going to mount tele...did you go 97,98 or 99 from tip? Keith was telling me the 98 - 99 was the way to go for tele, but wanted to see how you felt about this...
    I have a mondo 28.5 boot and went -3 boot center from the alpine bc marker, so they were at 99.5, which seemed to work pretty well. They seems to ski pretty well from what I can tell, and you had to stay pretty centered on them and the tips were floating well, you could probably go a cm or so foward and they would be ok.

Thanks for the review sfotex. I'mma get out on some Spats at some point this season, so I too will be a virgin on planks of this nature. It was nice to read a first-timers insights on his new ride.