Check Out Our Shop
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Sweet morning!! FKNA first pow day of the year!

2nd chair pine, 5 fat Red chair laps, 5 Tippytoe/Canyons, 2 Outbacks (no core shots - how ya like me now ?)

cold 8-14" at 18 degrees, face shots, lots of features this early in the year

GIT SUM! GOBBLE GOBBLE!

time to start drinking manhattans and watching football
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

BLAH BLAH BLAH!
    Tap you were riding green runs ALL day don't be spraying how you ripped that shit!
    It was whacked by 9:30 and Outback chair sucked.
    Then Pimpmaster J ripped a rear marker binder out near the top and had to ski down on 1 ski.
    Other than that it was good
    Gotta luv how the mtn filled in enuff in a week to open Outback.
    Keep on coming!

Quote Originally Posted by powski3 View Post
    Hey where's the best site for Bachelor forecasts? The weather link on their site is pretty weak. Kinda weird how the NOAA forecast for the cascades is a foot or more but the bachelor forecast page only predicts a few inches the next couple days.
    http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/total_foreca...lon=-121.69375

Quote Originally Posted by powski3 View Post
    Hey where's the best site for Bachelor forecasts? The weather link on their site is pretty weak. Kinda weird how the NOAA forecast for the cascades is a foot or more but the bachelor forecast page only predicts a few inches the next couple days.
    Try these:
    http://ktvz.com/category.cfm?nav=weather&catID=4
    http://www.weather.com/weather/local...from=whatwhere
    www.Noaa.guv
    The snow doesn't give a soft white damn whom it touches.
    ~ e.e. cummings

Quote Originally Posted by Schralper View Post
    BLAH BLAH BLAH!
    Then Pimpmaster J ripped a rear marker binder out near the top and had to ski down on 1 ski.

that shit sucked, see tap, i told you not to get markers!

the rock skis will now be retired for the year
    stickyicky
    I'm not a pimp or a master of anything....go figure

Quote Originally Posted by Schralper View Post
    BLAH BLAH BLAH!
    Tap you were riding green runs ALL day don't be spraying how you ripped that shit!
    it's all about the GREEN, brah! Schitt = ripped.
    You know what to do

http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts...or.0to3mid.php

This years weather forcast on the bachelor website switched from NOAA to some foecast in Redmond I think. The above link is the best on mountain forcast I've seen. The snow was pretty dry today. Outback was great down the gut...trees still a little scetchy (stumps and fells not fully covered). Hope this helps.

Report from Super8 Bend OR

Susanville to likely CA. White out Vertigo Blizzard
    Klamath Falls to Mt. Bachelor 140 miles, 5 hours of white knuckle driving on a sheet of ice. I roll into the Resort parking lot at 5:30 AM. 6 “ of untracked in the lot and its snowing hard.

I park in a vast unplowed parking lot near a Motor home farm and right next to guest services. I pull out the sleeping bag crashing in the passenger seat.

I awoke to a tap on the window, an employee politely telling me that I need to move when I wake cuz I’m in the bus unload zone.

There are cars and people everywhere, its 8AM and I see people riding up the chair (So much for first tracks)

After getting to the lift line I get jammed up getting through the Toll Gate??

I have never been to a place that scans lift tickets like you were getting on the subway (It was ok, just new)

First run I spot a group with fat ski's I follow. They lead me into some decent tree skiing ending with a traverse onto (The Knob) Nice first run in semi tracked boot top pow.

I did run into one dude who lurks here, but never called out for change.

All in all a nice day, I was wiped and ended my day in the Bar around 11:45.

It was snowing all day and is snowing right now in Bend. Friday could be another good day!

I am glad I made the trip.

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    I am heading out the door Reno to Bend OR I figure I should be there by 2AM? See ya on the snow!!
    my god...

Dude, you are "CORE". Glad you had a good time.
    Trees are for skiing silly Rabbit!

sorry i missed ya, MTT

Friday should be good for you.....4 inches during the day, another 8 overnight

git sum, bro!
    You know what to do

I am Home.

After a very good day of Sking a light Boot deep pow, I left Mt. Bachelor @4PM

I was home at 11:15. Thats with a stop for a beer in Likely CA. A much better drive home than getting here.

I never really saw much of the resort due to continuous Storm conditions while there. I would guess I only skied about 1/4 of the mountain.
    Its a nice place and Bend is a nice town. I now now know how to navigate the traffic circles in bend to get to Mt. Bachelor (Big deal) so i will have to visit again some day.

MTT you have the mind of 23 year old ski bum. Is luvs it.

Bumping cause me and a bud are thinking about rallying up to bachelor this weekend and we need some help.

We've never been near there so we're totally winging it. If anyone can help as far as where a good place to stay is please lemme know. Are there any good places on the outskirts of bend on the way to the mountain?

So, what can we expect for conditions?? I see they're getting a few inches today which certainly can't hurt. Oh and how are the weekend crowds...is it nuts?

Should we just drive to Utah instead

I assume you are in California? Go to Utah, it sucks in the PNW! Haven't you heard?

Seriously though, I hear the warm up is on the way. May not be optimal conditions this weekend. Plenty of base though. If you go, I'd consider staying at a hotel in Bend. You'll have better night life, and it's only a 30 minute drive to the mountain. You can get closer to the mountain at the Inn at the Seventh Mountain, Sunriver, and Bachelor Village, but your secluded there.

Enjoy!

Yes the PNW is sucking.

Hotel in Bend if you can find one is the ticket.
    This storm cycle is coming in alittle later than forecasted. Should be decent for this weekend. Partly cloudy and cooling off at night. Drop by the Demo shop at West Village and say yo to bdog.
    http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/total_foreca...lon=-121.68375
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

What a difference a day makes! The pow, all the luscious and wonderful pow has turned to poo. Warm air flowing in aloft scoured out the remains of the arctic front that has blessed us these past many days. Very wet snow, high winds (sustained at 60 nauts) top of pine. some rain. Off piste is brutal. BC adventures unthinkable now with a good brakable crust of several inches over an average of 18" of unstable snow. The current moisture should percolate through the snow pack and create some stabilizing as ambiant temps moderate over the next few days. So ... the upside is we should have a solid base upon which to build during the next storm cycle. The downside is .... you missed it, shoulda' been here yesterday and the day before and the day before that etc.
    ~ e.e. cummings

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    Yes the PNW is sucking.

Hotel in Bend if you can find one is the ticket.
    This storm cycle is coming in alittle later than forecasted. Should be decent for this weekend. Partly cloudy and cooling off at night. Drop by the Demo shop at West Village and say yo to bdog.
    http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/total_foreca...lon=-121.68375
    Damn it was sure fun while it lasted eh? More to come later on.
    ~ e.e. cummings

Quote Originally Posted by bdog View Post
    Damn it was sure fun while it lasted eh? More to come later on.
    Yep. Back to reality eh, it sure does suck here in the PNW as evidenced by the last month...

Seriously though, we have a bit of time to wait before that next cycle starts. Words like Ridge, and building amplitude...not good things to hear in a weather forecast around here. Freezing levels are going way up.

bdog says- Off piste is brutal.

Now that's what I'm talking about.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Quote Originally Posted by bdog View Post
    The downside is .... you missed it, shoulda' been here yesterday and the day before and the day before that etc.
    GOD I DIDN'T NEED TO HEAR THAT

OH WELL, I GOT IN 1 DAY
    You know what to do

Quote Originally Posted by Tap View Post
    GOD I DIDN'T NEED TO HEAR THAT

OH WELL, I GOT IN 1 DAY
    Jeeez Tapper,
    If you didn't get to the hill in the past two days ..... you missed a rareity brotha'! It was incredible. Check the pics out in Jonesy's TR. Pics may be worth a thousand words but they hardly describe how light and bottomless it 'twas. No worries though ... this was only the beginning!
    ~ e.e. cummings

Thanks for the info!!

We still may end up there but Utah is now in the mix too

Yep Mash Potater conditions at Willamette Pass today...raining almost all the way up to top of the 6-pack (~6,666ft). First few untracked runs were pretty sweet though....just a bit thick. The new Gotama teles were fun. At least I skied for free...that's right - they didn't have the turnstyles going!! Heading to Kauai in a few days...I'll try not to bring back any pineapples.