06-07 Atomic Sugar Daddy vs. Pimp

R these two skis the same in the 183cm length, being the Pimp is just the Sugar Daddy with a "Park" graffic? Or are they truly different skis? Maybe the Pimp is a little softer because it is marketed as a park ski?

Also has anyone been on both the Atomic Sugar Daddy & the Volkl Mantra? How do the two compare?

Bump, 'cause I want to know the same thing, thinking about the Pimp as my 4FRNT MSP replacement. I asked the local rep at a shop clinic and I couldn't get an answer.
    "Hurry up and finish your wine so we can go get us some milkshakes"

Different ski... Pimp is a full twin where as SD has just a flaired tail.... Thus the Pimp is a bit softer in flex (as twintips are softer than their flaired brethen).

Oh, and it's the same thing with both 183 and 193 Pimp vs SD.

Edited to clarify...

They share the mold and stuff inside, so the difference is the graphics and the fact that Pimp has a full twintip and thus is a tad softer.
    Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier
    You should post naked pictures of this godless heathen.

The Pimp is not softer than the SD they are about the same - Big difference is running length 183 pimp hits the snow about 177cm-178cm due to the twin. I roll the 193 pimp as a everyday ski and love them. Other than that same construction.Alot of people think the Pimp is softer because they flex the ski off the twin tip of tail set ski flat and flex it- I personaly feel it is stiffer than the SD -Peace

does anyone have any new thoughts on this now that the season is in swing? Will the decrease in running length even be noticeable? Thanks

I'm actually interested to hear this as well. I love my heli daddys and wanted to get a second pair mounted alpine
    For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was

In my experience, the Pimps are softer than the SD. Also, I don't like the edge hold on the Pimps compared to that of the SDs. The Pimps just seemed flaky and didn't give me much confidence. Not sure why that is, really, just my take.

In regards to replacing the MSPs, I think the Sugar Daddys would be more your ski than the pimps. But why replace the MSPs? Much love for those.

Yeah...thought I might want to, and then I skied 'em again. No replacing the MSP's for me unless they die.
    "Hurry up and finish your wine so we can go get us some milkshakes"

What is gonna be the big difference between the 183 and 193 in the sugar daddy? I have only been able to demo the 183 but might be able to get a deal on the 193's. Will the 193's just keep me on my toes more, or are there other things that I am missing?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by other1 View Post
    Bump, 'cause I want to know the same thing, thinking about the Pimp as my 4FRNT MSP replacement. I asked the local rep at a shop clinic and I couldn't get an answer.
    I should know in a week or so, once I get my 184 Mantras mounted. I skied the SD's a couple months ago in about 10" of chopped up pow. The only thing I have to compare them to right now are my 188 and 179 Bros- and I absolutely HATED the SD's after being on the Bros in the same conditions. I sure hope I like the Mantras better.