Bozeman mags, be really fucking careful out there.

Better yet, just go for a bike ride or masturbate furiously or something. Or just get hammered.

I know Xtrapickels posted another thread like this not too long ago, but conditions have really deterioriated, so I thought I'd throw this out there too.

I was up at bridger today, and not only did the snow suck to ski, it was scary as hell. I decided to play it safe, and just ski a line off the High T, but even that was probably not the best choice. Even the north facing stuff was extremely wet, with heavy wet sloughs on almost every turn, and I half expected to trigger a wet slide.

It is just not worth the risk/effort to ski marginal snow. There is good news though, if we're lucky, and we get some more freeze/thaw cycles, it might just turn into nice stable corn, which would make a killer base for the rest of the year.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Thanks for the heads up Leroy.

I heard the weather should be changing in a couple days.

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/total_foreca...lon=-111.03125

Thanks alot Leroy, I was planning on heading up tomorrow.
    I'll probably put it off until tuesday and let the sunday night fresh stuff settle for a lil bit

Bump for the night crew

Yeah I was up hiking today on the west side and it freakin felt like summer out there. I can just imagine what this warm cycle is doing to the snow pack. Hopefully this next cold front stabilizes things a bit...
    "Thoughts become reality..." -Will Burks

not to sound like an ass, but we went up blackmore today. There were some sketchy layers in certain areas(but very spacially variable) and we skied a north facing chute that ended up being fantastic. then we also skied a nice run on our way out. Know what you are getting into, however conditions are pretty good for october(it isn't if you get buried, but what that movement could pull you over) also saw some other splitboarders.(and bootpackers)

oh yeah!!

Nice pic, it seems like higher elevations would still be viable right now, especially those northern aspects.
    "I have never exploded. But I know what it would be like. Don't ask me how. I just know. I've always just known." -Garth Merenghi

Go Steelers!

edit:

This Afternoon: Snow in the afternoon. Snow accumulation 1 inch. Probability of measurable precipitation 70 percent. West wind 28 mph. High 50.

Tonight: Snow. Snow accumulation 7 inches. Probability of measurable precipitation 100 percent. West wind 24 mph. Low 8.

Monday: Mostly cloudy. Chance of snow. Snow accumulation 1 inch. Probability of measurable precipitation 40 percent. West wind 18 mph. High 11.

Monday Night: Partly cloudy. West wind 12 mph. Low 5.

Tuesday: Mostly sunny. West wind 8 mph. High 21.
    Last edited by Lexi-Bell; 10-29-2006 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexi-Bell View Post
    Go Steelers!

edit:

This Afternoon: Snow in the afternoon. Snow accumulation 1 inch. Probability of measurable precipitation 70 percent. West wind 28 mph. High 50.

Tonight: Snow. Snow accumulation 7 inches. Probability of measurable precipitation 100 percent. West wind 24 mph. Low 8.

Monday: Mostly cloudy. Chance of snow. Snow accumulation 1 inch. Probability of measurable precipitation 40 percent. West wind 18 mph. High 11.

Monday Night: Partly cloudy. West wind 12 mph. Low 5.

Tuesday: Mostly sunny. West wind 8 mph. High 21.
    Fuck yes. Although that is quite different than what the Weather Channel told me yesterday, but we know they're liars. (I hope)

Oh, and that pic of blackmore looks sick and I have to say the snow looks worlds different than bridger.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

no pics to back it up...but I was @ Beehive Sat. and @ Bridger Sun. and the difference quite clear. Go south young men!

edit:although this latest front looks to shapinh up quit nice for the Bridgers!
    Last edited by benDover; 10-29-2006 at 09:23 PM.
    ""wash uffize drive me to firenze".

Where did ya ride at beehive? I was there on friday planning on hitting SW couloir, but had dog issues that prevented it. Was very surprised at the snow there right now.

Go south young men!
    Or stick to higher elevations with these warm temps

I didn't really want to start a new thread, and it seemed to have as much to do with this as anything.

Anyone been up in the past couple days? I'm sure Beehive, and Blackmore are $$$, but what about the Bridgers? Has the weird snow we had before this storm stabalized at all. or is it just a few inches of powder on top of nasty crust?

leroy, clarf went up today with a friend and hiked up high t. he said it was cash $$$$$$. the only downside when he left he said there were around 30 cars in the upper parking lot, and then he proceded to drive his car into a 15 foot deep ditch.

looks like cowdog strolled at least to the top of bridger lift...

yo leroy, ya just walked past me in the library and i was gonna tell you a story about this. clarf went up today and hiked up high t and said it was knee deep with a good base. he never hit the icy bottom or rocks. when he left however he said there were about 30 cars in the upper lot with people hiking up. then he drove his car off the road and into a 15 foot deep ditch.

struck out bigtime today, went out with a nonmag Alex and his dog duke. Headed toward mt ellis, not enough time to skin high enough to get some good snow.
    Good to be out skinning at least