Rossi Squad Binders

First of all, the FKS will remain for next year. The race version is like black and orange and the ninja black with grey lettering freeride version remains unchanged. No wide brakes, you'll have to look to look for that.

I have the 06-07 catalog here and they are pimpin' Lindsey Dyer this year. On the inside of the cover is a big pic of her hiking with some Squads on her shoulder. On her skis are some Kawasaki green bindings that don't appear in the catalog anywhere. They say "Rossignol Squad" on the toe and are quite obviously an FKS toe with a Axial2 heel.

This would seem to be a confirmation of reports that Rossi and Look are transitioning to a new high din binder based off the PX/Axial2. I guess it makes sense they would keep the FKS/P18 toe, since the innovation in the Axial2 bindings has mostly to do with the heels.

If I were me, which I'm pretty sure I am, I would start hoarding PX/FKS binders now. On a semi related note, the product manager at Salomon told me the new Z toe on their 12 Din and lower bindings will eventually transition into the 14 din then race din binders. I would expect the S916 to go away in 3 or 4 years.
    ROBOTS ARE EATING MY FACE.

That heelpiece on that Squad binding looks like a stock axial, but it has way more metal than the stock axial. The toepiece is the standard FKS. Two wide brake widths will be available.
    If you were at the booth at SIA, these are the same bindings that were on the squads. They didn't make to any other shows though.

FWIW, when I asked the Rossi rep at the demo day last weekend about a wide brake for the turntable heel (FKS/ PX), he said that he has seen it in the European catalog as an orderable item, but has not seen it in person.

Maybe this means the FKS/PX binding will live on, maybe not...
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

o please o please o please o please. a wide brake fks would be hawt. i'd go for the 15 din though, i don't need the 18
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn
    o please o please o please o please. a wide brake fks would be hawt. i'd go for the 15 din though, i don't need the 18
    Du.......

Nevermind.....

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra
    he said that he has seen it in the European catalog as an orderable item, but has not seen it in person.
    there is no fks fat-brakre in my europe-catalog...

freak~[&]

The Rossi rep around here said that the wc guys have been on the new all metal axial2 for the last half of the season. I do not imagine the fks line will be around for too much longer.

Look closely enough and you can see the new race bindings in some of the WC pictures. I was told that the only thing holding back the new bindings is that they're still ridiculously expensive to manufacture.

Bump for pics.

Kawasaki baby.

so after having heel breakage issues this winter w/ the new design, is look/rossi doing anything different w/ next years? i'd heard something about them changing the plastic in the heel? any word?

Is that some sort of optical illusion or does the new heel really have 20mm raiser and the toe the normal 5mm?

Quite a ramp angle...

Weird?

The floggings will continue until morale improves.