Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Legend Pro XXL

Legend Pro XXL

Legend Pro XXL 194 only (132-109-122) . Anyone got the goods on theese??

that is one ski i would seriously consider adding to the quiver
    Three fundamentals of every extreme skier, total disregard for personal saftey, amphetamines, and lots and lots of malt liquor......-jack handy

Soon

It's going to be on the market next year, from the info I can find on the net. I want a pair!!

The Dynastar Legend seems to have encapsulated a large portion of the market in just a few short seasons since launch. It is no big thing to notice good proportion of cable car passengers hauling the Legend Pro to the very top of the mountain and access to the best chutes, steeps and couloirs. Lower siblings are all over mountain too, with no shortage of the Legend being apparent in hire supplies.

In 2007, Dynastar raises the bar with the Legend Pro XXL. Wider than the Legend Pro 'standard', the Legend Pro XXL comes in a length of 194 only, and sports 132-109-122 dimensions.

The hot 'all-new' product for 2007 comes in binding form however. Intended for the Dynastar Alti range in addition to the Legend series of skis for those who like to go up the mountain as much as they do down, Dynastar's Mountain bindings come in 3 models for different types of terrain (unsurprisingly inclusive of one for women only) and are sold as a pack with relevant skis.

Dynastar Say: "Resistant and wide for the model corresponding to the Legend skis with the Legend Early Tram binding, less weight for the bindings that go with the Alti and Exclusive models with the Legend and Legend Exclusive bindings.

A guarantee of comfort when climbing and excellent skiability when descending."
    found on google search
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

Quote Originally Posted by powder11
    found on google search
    Who wrote that??? Dynastar binders? Up the mountain? Are we talking an A/T setup?
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

They are re-labelled AT binders. Cant remember if they are Naxos or Freerides though.....
    "I dont hike.... my legs are too heavy"

silvretta pure.
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

Quote Originally Posted by marshalolson
    silvretta pure.
    Both Atomic and Dynastar are selling rebadged pures next year?
    Elvis has left the building

naxo's from what I hear, not pures. might be wrong again ?

yeah, they're Naxo's
    someone has these big ol LP's too on here too. They have Intuitiv big topsheets

my bad

pure->atomic

naxo->dynastar
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

Dynastar rep told me this ski is a softer than the Legend Pro. He went on about construction differences, etc. But to ski it is to know it. Maybe I can get on it this season for a demo.
    Every man dies. Not every man lives.
    You don’t stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

Legend with Naxo package is called the "Early Tram" package or something. Repainted Naxo's to match LP graphics. I think it'll be available on the LP, 8800, and 4800, but I can't remember.
    OOOOOOOHHHH, I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!

Last edited by Svengali; 03-29-2006 at 03:54 AM.
    Scientists now have decisive molecular evidence that humans and chimpanzees once had a common momma and that this lineage had previously split from monkeys.

Them are huge fucking skis. I skied around with Nobis (pre cop chase) about a month ago and he seemed to like them pretty good.
    ROBOTS ARE EATING MY FACE.

XXL LP's in a 194 for touring?!? I can think of a few people who'd shit their pants at the notion

Quote Originally Posted by mojorisin
    XXL LP's in a 194 for touring?!? I can think of a few people who'd shit their pants at the notion
    Why? Because they're exerting so much effort trying to move uphill with heavy ass skis that they lose control of their bowel?

no, just because lugging a ski like that uphill makes for one good run, then unless you are superhuman your legs will die, but a ski like that would be great for less than one hour long sidecountry skins
    Three fundamentals of every extreme skier, total disregard for personal saftey, amphetamines, and lots and lots of malt liquor......-jack handy

Regardless of how they ski they are one ugly ski.

Horses mouth:
    3 pair in the USA now
    Nobis has one pair
    the other two pair are broken up for demo ( not on snow demo)

should be able to get a pair late summer/ early fall

Quote Originally Posted by pointedem
    Horses mouth:
    3 pair in the USA now
    Nobis has one pair
    the other two pair are broken up for demo ( not on snow demo)

should be able to get a pair late summer/ early fall
    Thanks for the info Point Dem! Now I won't annoy our rep by being the 1000th person to ask him about demos and availability...

All I have to say is Big Daddy(ish) dimensions with the legend pro weight, flex and dampness but a tad softer....I'm pretty sure this one is going to make me smile!!

Quote Originally Posted by pointedem
    Horses mouth:
    3 pair in the USA now
    Nobis has one pair
    too bad Nobis wasnt on those when he ran from the cops. they never woulda got him.
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

LPs are a bit heavy
    Every man dies. Not every man lives.
    You don’t stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

Quote Originally Posted by soul_skier
    no, just because lugging a ski like that uphill makes for one good run, then unless you are superhuman your legs will die, but a ski like that would be great for less than one hour long sidecountry skins
    Are you serious?

great, selling AT bindings at point blank range to dumbass resort skiers so they can go die in the sidecountry like that poor guy at Brighton today.