Check Out Our Shop

Angry Work Reared Its Ugly Head...(Tahoe aborted, but...)

...about 4:30 yesterday. Judge decides he wants a conference call today at 11, which will originate from his office. I ask the clerk if I can call in, to allow me to do so from Squaw/Alpine...am told no.

Federal judges are assholes. FUCK!!!!!

But...hope springs eternal....

Winter Storm Watch

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
    NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE SACRAMENTO CA
    358 AM PST WED MAR 15 2006

...ANOTHER COLD STORM HEADED TOWARD NORTHERN CALIFORNIA..

.A COMPLEX SERIES OF WEATHER DISTURBANCES ARE FORECAST TO BEGIN
    SPREADING SNOW OVER THE MOUNTAINS OF INTERIOR NORTHERN CALIFORNIA
    BY THIS EVENING...WITH PRECIPITATION LIKELY TO CONTINUE AT LEAST
    INTO FRIDAY. AS HAS BEEN THE CASE WITH THE PAST SEVERAL STORMS TO
    AFFECT OUR AREA...LOW SNOW LEVELS ARE ONCE AGAIN EXPECTED AS COLD
    AIR WILL BE FED INTO NORTHERN CALIFORNIA BY A BROAD LOW PRESSURE
    SYSTEM CENTERED OVER THE GULF OF ALASKA.

THE FIRST DISTURBANCE WILL HEAD TOWARD THE NORTH COAST LATER
    TODAY...AND POSSIBLY BEGIN GENERATING HEAVY SNOW OVER THE
    MOUNTAINS OF INTERIOR NORTHERN CALIFORNIA BY LATE EVENING. HEAVY
    SNOW WILL CONTINUE OVERNIGHT...THEN BECOME MORE SHOWERY DURING THE
    DAY THURSDAY.

ANOTHER...POSSIBLY STRONGER DISTURBANCE IS THEN FORECAST TO AFFECT
    OUR AREA THURSDAY NIGHT INTO FRIDAY POTENTIALLY GENERATING MORE
    SIGNIFICANT SNOW ACCUMULATIONS. AT THIS TIME...IT APPEARS THAT OUR
    UNSETTLED WEATHER PATTERN WILL PERSIST INTO SATURDAY...ESPECIALLY
    IN THE SIERRA.

Calendar clear...check
    Skis waxed and prepped...check
    New Hestras...check
    Approval from spouse...check

FKNA...Friday here I come bitches. Roll call?

Alpine Friday

Irul
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo
    ...about 4:30 yesterday. Judge decides he wants a conference call today at 11, which will originate from his office. I ask the clerk if I can call in, to allow me to do so from Squaw/Alpine...am told no.

Dude -- haven't you ever heard of call forward? Or having your secretary answer and then conference you in?

One of the best concalls I ever did was from the top of Granite Chief on a bluebird day. After everyone else dropped off, I was able to tell the partner, "guess where I am right now?"
    not counting days 2016-17

Quote Originally Posted by alpinedad
    Dude -- haven't you ever heard of call forward? Or having your secretary answer and then conference you in?

One of the best concalls I ever did was from the top of Granite Chief on a bluebird day. After everyone else dropped off, I was able to tell the partner, "guess where I am right now?"
    I did consider that, but from Sacto I don't know a forwarding land line #, and my cell reception in Tahoe is spotty at best.

You gonna be up Friday and forward?

kb1dqh Guest
    Hey,

How is Alpine compared to Squaw and Kirkwood? If you're up on Friday I'd love to try and meet you up there along that I can get housing, car, etc, all figured out by then. So far I think I will.

Thanks.

irul, don't feel lonely, i too was thwarted from playing hooky today.....oh well, i have had 3 weeks in a row of mid-week pow daysd, will be back up Thur night to hit Alpine again Fri/Sat - and get properly fucked on Paddys day in Truckee Fri late afternoon/evening

Quote Originally Posted by kb1dqh
    Hey,

How is Alpine compared to Squaw and Kirkwood? If you're up on Friday I'd love to try and meet you up there along that I can get housing, car, etc, all figured out by then. So far I think I will.

Thanks.
    Alpine is a great mountain. There's more than enough gnar (for me, at least) and lots of easy access off piste. Tix are reasonable $41(...though we may be hitting a "holiday" period..?) and the crowds are not too bad. Snow compares favorably to Squaw, though w/ the low levels lately, there's probably no difference.

Hit the Summit chair in the a.m. and start asking for change.

Doood, give the Judge my number and I'll fill in for you. It's not like this is a death penalty case...is it?
    Your dog just ate an avocado!

That sucks. My chief counsel would not let me take off today either. I suppose can't blame him, I have not worked a full week in about 3 weeks. The snow has been too good.

So judging from this thread there are a fair amount of Sacramento lawyers that are maggots. Do the Sacramento maggots ever have "Bar Review classes" at the local watering holes? I have seen threads for other regions with these sorts of gatherings.

I did consider that, but from Sacto I don't know a forwarding land line #, and my cell reception in Tahoe is spotty at best.
    IME, good coverage at Squaw (Sprint), shitty at Alpine.
    You gonna be up Friday and forward?
    Maybe for the weekend. I'd ruled it out, but this week has me thinking about it.
    Alpine is a great mountain. There's more than enough gnar (for me, at least) and lots of easy access off piste. Tix are reasonable $41(...though we may be hitting a "holiday" period..?) and the crowds are not too bad. Snow compares favorably to Squaw, though w/ the low levels lately, there's probably no difference.
    Actually, I think that "holidays" are done for the year.

Personally, I love both mountains. Alpine is lower key, more relaxed, and actually has a base lodge. Squaw has more terrain (not that I've skied all of Alpine yet, 25 days into the season) and feels bigger, although the actual runs typically aren't -- Summit at Alpine is as long as KT-22 or Headwall at Squaw, and Sherwood at Alpine has as much vertical as Granite Chief. Despite the significantly lower ticket prices at Alpine, I've never had the kind of lift waits there as I routinely experienced at Squaw.

I'd ski them both, if I were you.

Quote Originally Posted by Slider&BucketO'nails
    That sucks. My chief counsel would not let me take off today either. I suppose can't blame him, I have not worked a full week in about 3 weeks. The snow has been too good.

So judging from this thread there are a fair amount of Sacramento lawyers that are maggots. Do the Sacramento maggots ever have "Bar Review classes" at the local watering holes? I have seen threads for other regions with these sorts of gatherings.

You work for Auhnold, Slider?

I frequently hold my own Bar Review sessions at the Club 2Me, on J between 47th and 48th.

If you think that is bad. My day was aborted for a FAKE trial for Trial Practice Class. If I didn't go, then I fail and can't graduate.

At least your client is real...

[QUOTE=irul&ublo]You work for Auhnold, Slider?[QUOTE]

I do work for Auhnold. Not a bad boss man but he has a funny accent.

I have never been to Club 2Me (only lived in Sacramento for 8 months), but it sounds like the sort of bar I might review.

"Damn big crowds on the weekend, older crowd (late 20s). If you're an undergrad in your early 20's, you might feel a little left out here. This is where your older brother goes on Saturday night."

Is your office out J Street? I am always game for the after work drink.

[QUOTE=Slider&BucketO'nails][QUOTE=irul&ublo]You work for Auhnold, Slider?

I do work for Auhnold. Not a bad boss man but he has a funny accent.

I have never been to Club 2Me (only lived in Sacramento for 8 months), but it sounds like the sort of bar I might review.

"Damn big crowds on the weekend, older crowd (late 20s). If you're an undergrad in your early 20's, you might feel a little left out here. This is where your older brother goes on Saturday night."

Is your office out J Street? I am always game for the after work drink.
    I'm at 11th and G but live down by UCDMC, so the 2Me is on my way home (sort of). At least my car thinks it is. I'm up for a Review...I'll start a new post for Sacto maggots.

Pfffft. Two days ago I was 'fortunate' enough to get to cancel my trip to Tahoe next week, which had been planned for 3 months, so I could spend $800+ on a plane ticket to go to !@#$$%&* FLORIDA to meet my GF's grandparents. At least I'll be there for an entire 36 hours. Grrrrrrrrrr. Any more of this and she'll be an ex-GF very quickly.
    The older I get, the better I was.

Quote Originally Posted by LIP
    Pfffft. Two days ago I was 'fortunate' enough to get to cancel my trip to Tahoe next week, which had been planned for 3 months, so I could spend $800+ on a plane ticket to go to !@#$$%&* FLORIDA to meet my GF's grandparents. At least I'll be there for an entire 36 hours. Grrrrrrrrrr. Any more of this and she'll be an ex-GF very quickly.
    She better have big tits.

Quote Originally Posted by LIP
    Get rid of her now!! Three months planned and cancelled last minute!

Grandma?

They better be HUGE and shoot powder....

Tahoe mags.....How many days has everyone gotten in since March began??

I've been chained to my desk for the last three weeks and sadly have only gotten in 3 days...

FACK!!!!

I'm about to go Postal here....

Nice sized, but nothing redonkulous. It's tough, she'll bust out dawn patrols with me, ride single track all day and is usually spot on. This is the second last minute trip cancellation BS she has pulled over the last 6 months, and it's freakin' pissing me off!! Especially since I got 3 calls from Tahoe kids this morning telling me how epic it's been and asking me when I get in. "Uh, yeah, Hi. It's Lip. I'll not be making it out pow skiing because I'm going to Florida to hang out with blue hairs that aren't even mine"
    Looooooooossssssseeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!
    The older I get, the better I was.