Chugach Powder Guide Reviews

so what's the deal with these guys. It looks top notch and also my best chance to live it up on no-fly days......but is it really worth the doe? I heard there's a good chance we'll be waiting around alot at the bottom because they don't match the groups up well. And also, I heard you can rack up the vert pretty quickly in a day if you start doing laps and after you exceed your total vert the cost is dramatic if you can't get everyone in the group to keep skiing. Just thought I'd ask around before I take the loan out!

In 6 days of flying last March, I only waited for the bird once. Every lap it either beat us or got there right on time. And we weren't exactly slacking.

As for the maximum vert, we were just under it; so I can't comment.

Bottom line: Yes, it's definitely worth it.
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

no personal expierence, but i havent heard anything but rave reviews
    Three fundamentals of every extreme skier, total disregard for personal saftey, amphetamines, and lots and lots of malt liquor......-jack handy

I had a good time there. ONS is a super nice guy and hooked me up big time!

Pretty damned impressive operation. I leave tomorrow for my second year in a row flying with them. Owens runs a tight ship (no pun intended) and I really like the people he has working with/for him.

Yes, if it is bluebird you can rack up vert really quickly. But, isn't that the point????

They have ALOT of terrain to choose from (3 major areas I believe) and having Alyeska right out your front door is key on down days. Also, the hotel has a pool/hot tub/gym which is also nice on down days.

Two thumbs up, way up!

C'mon guys, he's no longer the web master! We can slag on him now!

Went cat skiing with them a couple years back. Guides were really nice and very knowledgeable. Runs were decently long, varied in terrain, and the cat always found a convenient place to meet us. They provided lunch, which was hot soup and other goodies, and generally took good care of us.

I can't imagine the heli side of the operation would be much different.

Enjoy, and be safe!
    -Thomas

whatta you talking about tippster?

Anyone up for giving a history lesson?

ONS -

I'm out.
    "In the woods, we return to reason and faith. There I feel that nothing can befall me in life, — no disgrace, no calamity, (leaving me my eyes,) which nature cannot repair." -Emerson

Don't go soft, no history lessons.

Make him read hundreds and hundreds of post to figure it out on his own like some of the rest of us did. No hints either.

Quote Originally Posted by beb42000
    whatta you talking about tippster?
    Phallus chewing canines.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster
    Phallus chewing canines.
    That's a painful visual.

No hints from me.
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Science-fiction author Robert Heinlein